Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 78,336 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Nov 11, 2020, 10:43:39 PM
Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 10, 2020, 07:20:23 PM
I hate when you feel like you're not in control of your own destiny. Like everything is predetermined and you have to live with it.
Or when you have a series of profound and drawn out bad luck and don't feel it's going to go away.

Hahahaha only for the last 14 years.

But seriously.

Xeno Killer 2179

It seriously is a thing where the whole universe just takes a dump on you. At this point, a Gamma ray burst from the cosmos, or a small meteorite to the head, might be a kindness.

Gr33n M4n

Depression itself can bring on bad luck.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 11, 2020, 11:16:36 PM
Depression itself can bring on bad luck.

Or at least make it feel that way while encouraging poor choices.

Gr33n M4n

Do you think your birth sign has anything to do with it?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 11, 2020, 11:19:17 PM

If i did, it'd be the chinese zodiac, not the western one. But i do not.

Gr33n M4n

I'm your stereotypical Aquarius. I do feel like the time of year you're born in effects things like personality and stuff.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 13, 2020, 12:40:02 AM
I do feel like the time of year you're born in effects things like personality and stuff.

I think there might be a case to be made for a mild version of this, with disappointingly mundane explanations about nutrition and light levels during pregnancy etc, but it's observably not a hard and fast set of rules and certainly has nothing to do with stars on the other side of the galaxy.

And for the record, I prefer the Chinese zodiac because it accuses me of being a wise and rugged earth dragon, rather than a weepy and over-sensitive crab. If i have to pick...

Gr33n M4n

Lexapro really increases the effects of alcohol.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Some meds really increase the severity of what they allegedly treat. >:(

Honorable mention goes to being put on something that corresponds to problems you don't even have. Yes, that is a real phenomenon.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Lately meditating a lot has been helping me with anxiety. Its always some thoughts in my head that f**k it over, as soon as I make them go away, and empty everything inside it seems take the anxiety with it. But seems like a process I need keep on repeating as it tends to come back if I let my mind go off with the thoughs.

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 11, 2020, 11:19:17 PM

All the last women I met believed that shit and asked me mine like it meant something. And since supposely I fit my sign (scorpio)'s "traits" it was tiring trying to convince them it was hard to believe that stuff was real.

Gr33n M4n

I hate feeling like a failure. And I fear that I'll become an alcoholic.

Xeno Killer 2179

Come mid 20s, you do not care what people think. It's wonderful. Literally a childhood/early life affliction.

Samhain13

Some people don't seem to go through that.

Xeno Killer 2179

Then play to our strengths.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed