Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 76,603 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Absolutely, even if the unfortunate feeling is nearly constant, I'd rather know.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 02, 2019, 10:20:22 PM
I don't use anything myself.
Always gave me a "grey" feeling.  :-\

It doesn't make me not feel anything though taking something for it, accepting you've got problems is, well in my opinion first step of fixing it. I refused to take anything for the longest time because i felt that was a sign of weakness. But if anything its is true strength.

[cancerblack]

It's different for everyone. I don't think either myself or FI are in denial about our mood issues, it's just that after trying (in my case multiple) medications, we've both made the decision that what we've tried was worse than the problem it was supposedly treating, and that the trial and error of easing onto, giving a fair shot to, then easing off yet another treatment is an unbearable cycle.

Xeno Killer 2179

Just here to report some success. Found an unopened and expired bottle of vitamin d but it is clearly potent enough still to do good. 5000IU.
What I was not expecting was for it to knock out my chronic suicidal ideation. I'm now twice the age I was when I last felt this good.

I haven't had my panic disorder flare up this year or the last, too. As for psych meds, Zoloft and Haldol proved to have side effects too severe to continue, but I also believe I was never going to need to use them permanently (a time came for each when I felt I was not improving further, but also, not going to regress back to needing them).

Gr33n M4n

Anyone else take Lexapro?

[cancerblack]

Under a different name. Didn't work well at all for me, but I know someone who had good results so eh.

Gr33n M4n

It works for me, but it takes at least 14 days to get the full benefits. I do like the side effect of vivid dreaming. Makes bed time more exciting. I'm on 10 mg.

Samhain13

Does it affect libido ?

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 04, 2020, 09:54:28 PM
Does it affect libido ?

Yes but I think all anti-depressants do that because they stimulate certain serotonin receptors that effect your libido.

Samhain13

Yeah that was the thing that made me quit taking that stuff last year. Things went better after I stopped so no problem. Unfortunally my anxiety skyrocketed this year, that shit brings depression for me as well so...

I never heard about the one you mentioned so wondered if it could be different. You really mean all of them? No one made a type that doesn't have that side effect yet?

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Lexapro (escitalopram) is said to be the most problematic when it comes to your sex drive. I've been on it for over 3 weeks and did experience less desires, but I lasted longer. Anti depressants that are part of SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) will have that effect. You can try looking into a drug called bupropion, I hear it has less effect on your libido.

Samhain13

I see thanks.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 04, 2020, 10:37:05 PM
but I lasted longer

Just watch out it doesn't become near total inability to finish, happened to me while on escitalopram and persisted for months afterwards. Arousal/desire wasn't an issue, I just couldn't nut 9 out of 10 times. A solid year of blueballs tbh.

Samhain13

That was part of my issue last year too.

Local Trouble

You have anxiety even with all the pumping you do?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed