ALIEN: The Archive (Mark Salisbury, September 2, 2014)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 20, 2014, 04:31:51 PM

Author
ALIEN: The Archive (Mark Salisbury, September 2, 2014) (Read 49,493 times)

Kimarhi

They have no competition anymore.

Corporal Hicks

We should be getting some preview pages up for this one.

Xenomrph

I totally forgot about this book.

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 19, 2014, 08:11:27 PM
I totally forgot about this book.

yeah me too.

EXCITEMENT RETURNS.

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/10/22/alien-archive-preview/

Titan just sent me 11 images from inside the book. Some of these I haven't seen before. Such as the Ash head, or the what I assume to be A3 concept art (inside the wooden world and the 6 legged Alien).

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2014, 12:32:35 PM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/10/22/alien-archive-preview/

Titan just sent me 11 images from inside the book. Some of these I haven't seen before. Such as the Ash head, or the what I assume to be A3 concept art (inside the wooden world and the 6 legged Alien).

QuoteThis must have retrospective also includes brand new interviews with Ridley Scott, Sigourney Weaver, H.R. Giger, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Jenette Goldstein

Is that in the press release? Because I don't think it's true.

Corporal Hicks

It's the Amazon blurb. I forgot about the Giger thing.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2014, 02:29:24 PM
It's the Amazon blurb. I forgot about the Giger thing.

Sounds like Amazon are telling a little fib. Still, the book will probably have a lot of content to make up for it.

Corporal Hicks

Nope - that's in the press release too. Just checked.

Darwinsgirl

QuoteThis must have retrospective also includes brand new interviews with Ridley Scott, Sigourney Weaver, H.R. Giger, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Jenette Goldstein

It is possible that an unreleased Giger interview is included.  I once owned a set of the works of Mark Twain that was signed by him but published after his death. He had signed the flyleafs in anticipation of the edition being published.

Guess we'll see when it comes out. ;)

Corporal Hicks

It's more due to some insight, Val has. Not sure if he can talk about it.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

well, the Ash head is amongst the previously released continuity polaroids. Well at least the six limbed alien sketch is new or at least it's a piece of Alien Resurrection concept art sketch that ADI didn't release recently.

Looks as if more than one seller are making claims about it having a Giger interview
Unless someone can say he wasn't interviewed for this I suppose Giger could have been interviewed in the last year before his death or they found an old unpublished interview,.

well, some sort of photo from the blu-ray or DVD set rather than specifically continuity polaroids.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2014, 04:19:24 PM
It's more due to some insight, Val has. Not sure if he can talk about it.

I asked around and there is a new Giger interview (hurrah!) but I can't say any more about it.

wmmvrrvrrmm

okay, that's settled!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed