Alien Next Door - Alien Cartoon Book

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 27, 2015, 11:58:33 AM

Author
Alien Next Door - Alien Cartoon Book (Read 19,127 times)

HuDaFuK

While I've got no personal interest in this, I'm glad to hear they've done a good job of it!

predxeno

Has anyone bought this book?  I heard that it has no narrative, is that true?  If there's no story then what's the point of this book?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 22, 2015, 12:03:13 AM
Has anyone bought this book?  I heard that it has no narrative, is that true?  If there's no story then what's the point of this book?

The point of this book is that it's a comedy/children's book?

Corporal Hicks

It's just a book full of amusing and entertaining cartoon interpretation of the Alien. It was really nice - I enjoyed it. Some very nice cartoons in there.

predxeno

Okay thanks, I guess I'll be skipping out on this purchase.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 22, 2015, 03:19:57 PM
Okay thanks, I guess I'll be skipping out on this purchase.

I think it's cute.. I mean if Godzilla has his own series of children's books, and Darth Vader has his own series of children's books, why can't the Alien?

predxeno

Never said it shouldn't but after a lot of less than serious titles came out like Archie vs. Predator, I now only buy titles that sufficiently add to the canon.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 22, 2015, 07:43:32 PM
Never said it shouldn't but after a lot of less than serious titles came out like Archie vs. Predator, I now only buy titles that sufficiently add to the canon.

For me it's the inverse... I would rather buy something that's non-canon now, rather than buy what adheres to the current "canon".

predxeno

Well lol, I'm more of a drama fan than a comedy fan which is why I hated Jurassic World; too much humor, not enough suspense (the fact that the suspense was riddled with 70s tropes didn't help either).

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 22, 2015, 11:56:50 PM
Well lol, I'm more of a drama fan than a comedy fan which is why I hated Jurassic World; too much humor, not enough suspense (the fact that the suspense was riddled with 70s tropes didn't help either).

I'm the same way, I'm more for serious, dark, gritty more than comedy.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 23, 2015, 12:23:23 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Dec 22, 2015, 11:56:50 PM

I'm the same way, I'm more for serious, dark, gritty more than comedy.

Don't worry boys, the pendulum has to swing back the other way some day soon.  Everything is trying to be funny now, even Star Wars..

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 23, 2015, 03:08:08 AM
Don't worry boys, the pendulum has to swing back the other way some day soon.  Everything is trying to be funny now, even Star Wars..

Oh, no. I'm in support of this cartoon/children's book. I'm just saying I would favor this more than what is being deemed as "canon" now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed