What would a Predator call an Alien?

Started by The Shuriken, Nov 07, 2007, 04:39:20 AM

Author
What would a Predator call an Alien? (Read 7,716 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 20, 2007, 12:13:01 PM
hahaha... you obviously don't have a clue how much money and manpower was leveraged. This is Fox. Everything given to AQ and NOT given to AvPR is deliberate, as with the inclusion of the Nostromo files in legacy.
I am aware of the money and manpower involved. What you don't realize is how gullible you are. If the art department decided to call the aliens "Fuzzy Wuzzy Kitty Cats" would you blindly accept it?

Must have missed the last couple of years then, as LN is on its way out the door, and held onto mostly by old school biologists and archaeologists.
It hasn't been rejected by anyone but those who are willing to try to win an argument.

It describes a FRATRICIDAL thief who steals life FROM WITHIN. Rather apt considering GR and LC.
internecine from L. internecinus "very deadly, murderous, destructive," from internecare "kill or destroy," from inter- (q.v.) + necare "kill." Considered in the OED as misinterpreted in Johnson's Dictionary [1755], which defined it as "endeavouring mutual destruction," on association of inter- with "mutual" when the prefix supposedly is used in this case as an intensive.

raptus, pp. of rapere "seize, carry off" (see rapid).

Compare to:
lingua [L] "tongue," also "speech, language"

foedus, foeda, foedum: "ugly, foul, loathsome"

on the otherhand DH's now as of John Shirley and the Reboot defunct Mangulation of latin doesn't even track because the wrong forms are used, A nor is it even spelled correctly, B and completely lacks context, C.
Which pales in comparison to your mangling of Latin, Greek and English.

Kriszilla

The predators would call them

Oohf**kithinkijustshatmypantsthatthingisscaryashell raptus

brad873

click click clicks
dick heads
hoochy
the jackson 5s
death bloods
hunters hunter
night death
shadows
squeelers

Chrysalis

I belive they call them "Hard Meat". There is a name for them in predator, but i can't get at it right now, but I will post it soon.

The PredBen

Jesus this thread is old. Anyway they are just aliens. There is no set name. All of it is a guessing work. And the Predators may simply call them aliens , as we do , Predators may call us aliens , since we are to them and they are to us. Oh and oomans is the worst name I've ever heard , warhammer orcs call people that sometimes.

Chrysalis

I have found the website.

Human in pred is Ooman/Soft Meat.

And Alien in pred is Kainde Amedha/Hard Meat.

If you want to view the site, it is here: http://www.geocities.com/anrkist645/

Awgustas

They name them 'hard meat'.

Kriszilla

Predators would call Aliens OH SHI-

Seriously, though, I don't think it matters that much. Trying to come up with all this stuff to add on to the mysterious predator race just humanises them and makes them boring.

predator55

predator55

I think the predator calls humans Ooman meaning like soft  meat and aliens kainde meaning hard meat from memory!  :P

The Demon

How about "dead"

LSP

LSP

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 07, 2007, 04:48:00 PM
Maybe they called them "Internecivus raptus". In the Alien Quadrilogy DVD identifies the scientific name of the Xenomorph race.

Can anyone give me exactly where this is? I'm working on a master's dissertation and I'd like to use something other than "xenomorph" and "alien". I need the proper references to use a name like this tough so where in the movie or under what special feature does this appear (minute, etc.)?

TIA

SM

SM

It's on the menu screens from memory.

Bevo2506

*Serpents*   as refered to the new release AVP game by rebellion   when you play as the Predator they call the Aliens  *Serpents* alot  nuthing else

keylight-di

Kaindhe Amedha, of course!

Joke... ;)

What a dangerous thread...

Navaha

I actually like Kaindhe Amedha, even if the meaning behind it is stupid. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed