What would a Predator call an Alien?

Started by The Shuriken, Nov 07, 2007, 04:39:20 AM

Author
What would a Predator call an Alien? (Read 7,717 times)

Alienseseses

How about Parasite Storm?

Private Hudson

One could be, "Hunters Prey"... :-\

AvPvTerminator

who cares? :-\

anyway personally id go with hard meat

The Facehugger's facehugger

maybe black meat(but preds don't want to have burnt meat)
or maybe they have a specific name for them

Egg
-PuuD
Facehugger
-Leaptus tentaclas
Chestburster
-Serpent
Drone
-Black dagger,black meat again, smooth headed freak
Warrior
-Everything(cept smooth headed freak),ridge headed freak
Predalien
-Lookalike Meat
Runner
-Ferrari Meat
Queen
-Giant black meat

Vemados

Quote from: The Facehugger's facehugger on Nov 10, 2007, 10:04:59 PM
maybe black meat(but preds don't want to have burnt meat)
or maybe they have a specific name for them

Egg
-PuuD
Facehugger
-Leaptus tentaclas
Chestburster
-Serpent
Drone
-Black dagger,black meat again, smooth headed freak
Warrior
-Everything(cept smooth headed freak),ridge headed freak
Predalien
-Lookalike Meat
Runner
-Ferrari Meat
Queen
-Giant black meat

I have a Queen.

§niperhawk

§niperhawk

im going to go with...dead ;D

CanadianHero67

Quote from: §niperhawk on Nov 11, 2007, 05:17:56 PM
im going to go with...dead ;D
Yeah, nothing but skulless corpses. :)

Xhan

Xhan

BS Name #1

Kainde Amedha:  Hard Meat

BS Name #2

Linguafoeda Acheronsis: Strange Foreboding tongue of Acheron

Actual Name:

Internacivus Raptus: Murderous (Fratricide) life thief from within.

Two-Stripes

"BS Name #1

Kainde Amedha:  Hard Meat

BS Name #2

Linguafoeda Acheronsis: Strnage Forebodign tongue of Acheron

Actual Name:

Internacivus Raptus: Murderous (Fratricide) life thief from within."

:-\

....ok.
i'm gonna pretend you didn't post this.

maledoro

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 19, 2007, 07:16:06 AM
Internacivus Raptus: Murderous (Fratricide) life thief from within.
Can be considered "BS Name #3". It was created by either the marketing department or the art department of Fox. Since there were no scientists who had studied the aliens and lived. Thus, very little (if any) information would make it back to the scientific community for peer review. If any scientist or scientists call the alien internecivus raptus, it would still be an unofficial label at best.

If anything, linguafoeda acheronsis would be a more specific description of the aliens, as internecivus raptus could apply to any creature.

Xhan

Xhan

If they do it in movie, unless there's an intervening factor it's the name used. Their OFFICIAL name is Alien obviously.

Name derived for absolute canon > magical made up name for EU. It doesn't have to subject to peer review, as there are names now for custom biological agents and theoretical biological components which for commercial or military apllications won't be getting any kind review any time in the near future, but still retain a linnaen style nomenclature for purposes of indentification.

I don't see you calling them Star Beasts even though that's technically the originating name.

maledoro

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 19, 2007, 05:43:01 PM
Their OFFICIAL name is Alien obviously.
They have no official name.

Name derived for absolute canon > magical made up name for EU. It doesn't have to subject to peer review, as there are names now for custom biological agents and theoretical biological components which for commercial or military apllications won't be getting any kind review any time in the near future, but still retain a linnaen style nomenclature for purposes of indentification.
They're all patent names and not things we'd see as taxonomical labels.

I don't see you calling them Star Beasts even though that's technically the originating name.
I don't see the crew of the Snark calling them that, either.

Xhan

Xhan

QuoteThey have no official name.

I'm talking OoU.

Quotepatent names

And? If the Alien universe takes place in line with ours linnaen nomenclature won't even be relevant.

The mini-documentation presented in the Menus proves otherwise.

Quotetaxonomical labels

Really? Which movie was that in? The one with the guys form Twurp's Peerage having a rousing talk about naming the wee beasties?

Internacivus Raptus describes the crowning achievment that made audiences fully understand this movie was going to be a bit different.

Linguafoeda Acheronsis literally means strangely bewildering obscene language from the River of Woeful existance in Epirus.

Nope.

maledoro

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 20, 2007, 03:18:34 AM
I'm talking OoU.
I know.

And? If the Alien universe takes place in line with ours linnaen nomenclature won't even be relevant.
Of course it would.

The mini-documentation presented in the Menus proves otherwise.
You seem to have confused the silly whims of the art department with someone who had a hand on the making of the films.

Quotetaxonomical labels
Really? Which movie was that in? The one with the guys form Twurp's Peerage having a rousing talk about naming the wee beasties?
Where did I say that it was part of a movie?

Internacivus Raptus describes the crowning achievment that made audiences fully understand this movie was going to be a bit different.
It also describes any animal that steals and destroys; like the kitty cats in your sig banner.

Linguafoeda Acheronsis literally means strangely bewildering obscene language from the River of Woeful existance in Epirus.
That is if you only take a figurative translation of the word "linguafoeda" instead of the literal meaning, and if you are under the deluded impression that LV-426 is located in Greece.

Xhan

Xhan

Quotesilly whims

hahaha... you obviously don't have a clue how much money and manpower was leveraged. This is Fox. Everything given to AQ and NOT given to AvPR is deliberate, as with the inclusion of the Nostromo files in legacy.

QuoteOf course it would.

Must have missed the last couple of years then, as LN is on its way out the door, and held onto mostly by old school biologists and archaeologists.

Quotemovie

Which is why it's your opinion at best.

It describes a FRATRICIDAL thief who steals life FROM WITHIN. Rather apt considering GR and LC.

on the otherhand DH's now as of John Shirley and the Reboot defunct Mangulation of latin doesn't even track because the wrong forms are used, A nor is it even spelled correctly, B and completely lacks context, C.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed