What would be your opinion if an android appears on the next Predator installmen

Started by Magegg, Dec 27, 2012, 03:38:41 PM

Author
What would be your opinion if an android appears on the next Predator installmen (Read 1,810 times)

Magegg

What if the next Predator film would feature -as a surprise- an android, like the Aliens films?

The story could take place on the present, near-future or far-future, or maybe perhaps in a time near to Alien/s timeline.

What would be your opinion? Do you think an android could make a good addition to the Predator films?

Alien³

Nightmare Asylum

Depends on context. It could wind up being cool, but at this point I'd just like to keep Alien and Predator separate,  I think.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Why mix in androids in a Predator movie in the first place?

Magegg

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 28, 2012, 12:34:44 AM

I don't know, maybe an android could be inmune to a few Predator weapons.

Dustfinger

Could be to tie in the alien univers with the predator universe without needing there to be xenos in a predator movie

Kel G 426

I'm curious to see how a predator would regard an artificial being.  Would he think it's good sport to hunt an android and put it's head on his trophy wall?  Or would he just consider it a soulless machine, gun it down and leave it?

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Dustfinger on Dec 28, 2012, 08:00:00 AM

Could be to tie in the alien univers with the predator universe without needing there to be xenos in a predator movie

And do we really need that?

Dustfinger

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 28, 2012, 02:37:30 PM

imho, yeah.  i use these AvP forums becasue i like the AvP galaxy.  Just like i like the xeno skull on the wall of the predator ship in predator 2.

Gilfryd

Better to have an android main character in an Alien film. Could have done that with Prometheus seeing David was the best thing about the thing.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Dustfinger on Dec 28, 2012, 08:35:57 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 28, 2012, 02:37:30 PM

imho, yeah.  i use these AvP forums becasue i like the AvP galaxy.  Just like i like the xeno skull on the wall of the predator ship in predator 2.

Just keep 'em separated...

Xenomrph

I wouldn't mind it. Heck, similar thins happen in the videogame 'Predator: Concrete Jungle'.

predxeno

I would appreciate a tie to the Alien universe, but I know a whole bunch of other people wouldn't. :(

Cal427eb

Depends on how its executed so maybe.

DUB1

DUB1

I realize no one's posted in this thread for a while, but I do have something to say regarding this idea.

For starters, yes I'd like to see an android appear in a Predator movie. And it could be set on earth. It could be an opportunity to see how our planet is like in the future, without requiring that it be invaded by Aliens.

If an android did appear in a Predator movie, then I believe they should wait until much later during the movie to reveal that there are even any involved. And when they do, one of them should be the protagonist himself/herself. We could find out when a Predator attacks the protagonist and we see the classic white fluid coming out of it, after surviving an injury that would have killed a human. Like say, Blaine's.

I know it'd bother some people, but whatever. If a movie like this was made, they could just pretend it's non-canon like they do with the AVP movies. A Predator movie set in the AVP universe, if you will.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed