Prometheus Set & Location Pictures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 08, 2011, 09:38:34 AM

Author
Prometheus Set & Location Pictures (Read 82,113 times)

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 08, 2011, 10:09:10 AM
I don't get it.  Why don't these guys just hire Industrial Light and Magic to render all of their props in CGI?  It seems a little dated and too much work altogether to build set pieces like this in 2011.

Because they want it to look real?

ThisBethesdaSea

Agreed that the prequels have some seamless imagery, but at the same time, something rang as hollow A LOT when viewing a large portion of those films. That feeling I did NOT experience while watching the LOTR films, and Avatar. But, pardon me, defend away ;)

JaaayDee

Quote from: Gates on Oct 12, 2011, 04:07:10 PM
Missed these...can anyone PM them my way on the hush-hush..?

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 12, 2011, 04:11:21 PM
They be all up on Google Images now yo!

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Oct 12, 2011, 04:33:20 PM

theres also a couple of you tube videos with them all in but im new here so dont want to link them as theyve been removed and i dont want to be breaking any rules lol.

thanks

rich

Sticky sticky

St_Eddie

Quote from: JaaayDee on Oct 13, 2011, 03:44:12 AM

theres also a couple of you tube videos with them all in but im new here so dont want to link them as theyve been removed and i dont want to be breaking any rules lol.

thanks

rich

Sticky sticky

I gave up trying to explain to people about the sticky thread.  If folks can't take 2 minutes to read previous posts then that's their loss.

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Oct 13, 2011, 03:31:49 AM
Agreed that the prequels have some seamless imagery, but at the same time, something rang as hollow A LOT when viewing a large portion of those films. That feeling I did NOT experience while watching the LOTR films, and Avatar. But, pardon me, defend away ;)

i agree with the hollow feel but again i think that was down to bad acting and interaction from the real characters rather than the cgi itself.

thanks

rich

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Oct 13, 2011, 09:12:03 AM

i agree with the hollow feel but again i think that was down to bad acting and interaction from the real characters rather than the cgi itself.

thanks

rich
If the ACTORS can't see their surroundings, how the F*CK are they supposed to act??

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Glaive on Oct 13, 2011, 10:44:58 AM
Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Oct 13, 2011, 09:12:03 AM

thanks

rich
If the ACTORS can't see their surroundings, how the F*CK are they supposed to act??

some manage it in many movies and some dont, this may be down to the director but again i wouldnt blame the actual cgi for it.

thanks

rich

Glaive

Glaive

You don't want Actors, mate...You want MIME-ARTISTS!!!

T Dog

T Dog

Wow, the lack of Prometheus information has really brought the forum down to some lowest common denominator arguments and off topic rubbish. Between this SETS V CGI debate and the other thread turning into list your favourite androids.

That trailer needs to come quick and purify this nest.

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Glaive on Oct 13, 2011, 01:07:28 PM
You don't want Actors, mate...You want MIME-ARTISTS!!!
er no, the acting was pretty terrible all the way through the movies, even in the parts with no cgi characters.

thanks

rich

Nero the Jackal

Alright enough with the practical vs cgi arguments, Ridley Scott will make the film his way and not what the fans want, Hell he could make most of the film cgi and i bet you lot would still watch it, i myself prefer practical effects over cgi but cgi does have its place, its used when practical effects are not sufficient in bringing something to life but i'll agree that it is at times overused.
Now lets get back to topic and talk about the set and location pics.
Right someone mentioned that one of sets looked like the Nostromo and i sort of agree, its has a similar design to passage ways and doors of the ship, kind of makes sense since its supposed to take place 30 years before Alien, there was another pic that i can't really remember because i only saw it once but it looked like the wall from the derelict not really sure though. one report i read was that the film will explain the mystery of the derelict and the space jockeys so maybe that pic was supposed to be of the derelict.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Nero is right. Move along folks.

ThisBethesdaSea

The issue here is that too much CGI feels flat, like an entire dead eye set. There was one scene in Attack of the Clones where Samuel L walks in to the senate chamber...and everything had been comped in, shot separately. Even though the effects were good, so much of the scene/s had been composed from so many different things the entire scene came off empty adding to a film that feature tons of such scenes.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Again, discuss the sets in the picture please. Not the CGI that may or may not be there in the final product.

Gates

Gates

thanks
rich

Quote from: JaaayDee on Oct 13, 2011, 03:44:12 AM
Sticky sticky

Thanks guys, much appreciated...  :)

Quote from: St_Eddie on Oct 13, 2011, 07:12:52 AM
I gave up trying to explain to people about the sticky thread.  If folks can't take 2 minutes to read previous posts then that's their loss.

Dude, relax...either answer my question or move on...I don't need a lesson on how to navigate a forum...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed