New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,324,702 times)

Corporal Hicks

Welcome, XI! I look forward to hearing more about your mod.

Xeno Infestation

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 13, 2016, 09:09:13 AM
Welcome, XI! I look forward to hearing more about your mod.

Thanks, well if you wish, Aliens: Colonial Marines was the best attempt to demonstrate battle between marines, aliens and the company. There are a lot of criticism and negative reviews, but what people don't understand, that SEGA and Gearbox did a great job, the game was as finished as unfinished in the same time, but the story is amazing. The story was not about characters you play in the game, it was also not about killing aliens or about Corporal Hicks who was involved in the battle, the story was about Colonial Marines who failed all possible missions all along, what would happen next? Could you realize where is it going, since Colonial Marine Corps should be pissed off after both spacecrafts were destroyed. Of cource Colonial Marines are much influenced by Weyland company, my game or game mod, don't know yet how exactly and what I'm going to make, will demonstrate the "possible" untold story about this conflict, I'm still working on the story.

Bishop90

Bishop90

Hey I'm Andrew, i have been a fan of the franchises since i was 7 when i had my first glimpse into the world of aliens when my older brother came home from the shops one day with alien 3 on the snes, we would take turns playing for weeks on end until one day we got a pleasant surprise when are dad came home from work and told us that the game was based off of movies and not only that but that on the way home he had stoped off at the video library and picked up the new release alien resurrection, we watched it that night the next day i made my father take us to the video library and hire the first three films and by chance our cousin was with us and he sore the predator films and told us that he had read a comic where the aliens versed the predators so we convinced my dad to hire them aswell, that night we watched all five films and i have been into to both franchises on and off ever since, resently i have been getting back into tha franchise reading all the dark horse comics for the first time, I'm surprised at how good they are, i have also been playing both legendary encounters card games with my family they are so thematic. well i think that's along enough intro so this Bishop90 signing off.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xeno Infestation on May 13, 2016, 12:03:10 PM
I'm still working on the story.

Thanks. I look forward to seeing your progress on the game.  :)

Quote from: Bishop90 on May 14, 2016, 07:38:41 PM
Hey I'm Andrew, i have been a fan of the franchises since i was 7 when i had my first glimpse into the world of aliens when my older brother came home from the shops one day with alien 3 on the snes, we would take turns playing for weeks on end until one day we got a pleasant surprise when are dad came home from work and told us that the game was based off of movies and not only that but that on the way home he had stoped off at the video library and picked up the new release alien resurrection, we watched it that night the next day i made my father take us to the video library and hire the first three films and by chance our cousin was with us and he sore the predator films and told us that he had read a comic where the aliens versed the predators so we convinced my dad to hire them aswell, that night we watched all five films and i have been into to both franchises on and off ever since, resently i have been getting back into tha franchise reading all the dark horse comics for the first time, I'm surprised at how good they are, i have also been playing both legendary encounters card games with my family they are so thematic. well i think that's along enough intro so this Bishop90 signing off.

Welcome to the gang, Bishop! I absolutely love that Legendary Encounters games. I play them quite often myself. I'm with you on the thematic side of it too. They really felt like Alien and Predator brought to card game. You getting the new Aliens expansion later this year?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=49235.msg2102390#msg2102390

Bishop90

Bishop90

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 15, 2016, 06:14:30 AM
Welcome to the gang, Bishop! I absolutely love that Legendary Encounters games. I play them quite often myself. I'm with you on the thematic side of it too. They really felt like Alien and Predator brought to card game. You getting the new Aliens expansion later this year?

Thanks for the kind welcome Hicks, yeah I cant wait for the expansion being able to play as the Queen, although I would have preferred if they added Brett, Vasquez, Morse and Distephano as the new characters, but I understand why they didn't choose those characters as their roles would be to similar to previous characters. On another note I really enjoy the sites podcast's keep up the good work.

Corporal Hicks

Thank you! I always appreciate hearing people actually listen to and enjoy the podcast.  ;D

Lord-Evil

Hi, I go by the name, Lord Evil. I've been a fan of Predator ever since I saw it with my dad and brother when it came on Cinemax. My dad wanted to really test some new tv speakers he had gotten so he cranked it up be as loud as he could so the helicopter from the begining would sound just right.
I saw Aliens years before a I saw Alien so I had the do some research to find out what had happened in the first movie (this was pre-internet). I'm a big fan of both series!

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to AvP Galaxy, Lord Evil! Please refrain from doing anything overtly evil and enjoy your stay! I look forward to seeing you join in with the conversations!

broughtpain

Welcome, lord-evil, bishop90, xeno infestation, YautjaEncyclopedia.

WY Corporate

WY Corporate

Good morning ... I'm just another nameless Weyland-Yutani redshirt, 32 years old and many would probably describe me as truly insane!  ;D

Besides Alien & Predator I also have a specific love for the classical sci-fi tokusatsu works of the Toho studios (Godzilla, Mothra, The Mysterians ... anyone? Toho also produced a majority of Akira Kurosawa's master works btw - sure, you can bet that the great and artistically accurate samurai-style fight between Hanzo and the Predator in Predators really gave me chills  ;D ) and I'm a real enthusiast of practical man-made special effects work (you know: good 'ol stuff like miniatures, suitmation, animatronics, pyro tech and such) - that's maybe one of the main reasons, why I also love the Alien and Predator films so much ... they even today still follow that wonderful tradition what was started off by great craftsmen like Stan Winston, Albert Nozaki, Willis O'Brien and Eiji Tsuburaya!  :D

And furthermore I'm a collector of various soundtracks - Well, you can expect, that names like Horner, Goldsmith or Silvestri rank very high in my personal record (along with more obscure names, such as Ifukube, Sato or Morricone) ...  ;)

As for music, I'm also a huge fan of several electronic music artists and bands, mostly settled in the genres EBM, electro industrial and future pop (such as VNV Nation, Funker Vogt, Apoptygma Berzerk - little nerd knowledge: their track "Bitch" was heavily inspired by ... you know what  ;) - furthermore KiEw, Feindflug, Wumpscut - that guy who uses our beloved WY corporation logo as his project sign - and so on ... and, of course, the german Grampas: Kraftwerk!  8) ) and if that's not enough, I'm involved in my own music project of that kind (for more information, just visit my profile, there's a link for the curious people  ;) )

So far about me ... signing off ...

EEV Repairman

Hi guys, long time lurker...first time poster. Im the EEV Repairman and im such a massive fan of all things Alien And Predator. Hope to get into some good conversations here with like minded people etc blah blah lol.

Oh and if anyone knows an Emergency Escape Vehicle that needs a good tune up...im ya man!

Corporal Hicks

EEV Repairman, I have a real issue with the last EEV I used. I'd like to make a complaint...

Welcome board, Repairman and WY Corporate! Always nice to see new fans join us! Hope to see your names pop up in the discussions. Any questions, please feel free to message a mod.  :)

WY Corporate

Well, well ... thank you Corporal Hicks, but now we better should get back to work - before the suits will freak out against us!  ;) ... I don't want to wake up with a facehugger on my baldy again ... ;D

Kaltes

Kaltes

Hey there, I'm Kaltes. I've been on a Predator binge these past couple of weeks and figured I'd join up here as well. :)

broughtpain

Welcome EEV Repairman, WY Corporate, and Kaltes. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed