New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,324,623 times)

Corporal Hicks

Depends on the time. I was on GameGossip for sometime - I worked on the resurrected AvP News around 2004. I'm sure there's a ton of Hicks so might be hard to pinpoint the right one. xD

The name rings a bell but it was so long ago. What was your name back then? I assume Apollo is in reference to A:I?

System Apollo

Actually Apollo was a rather ironic coincidence seeing as I posted under the alias DarkStarApollo on PlanetAVP. I used DarkStar on AvP2 to fit in tags and slowly after just StarSystem. I removed star from the name in order to resurrect the old spirit of my once AvP active username :P Thus System Apollo was made!
How self-centered of me though...  :laugh:

An AvPNews revival sounds familiar now, I'm almost certain you may be the same person! My apologies for coming off so creepy  :laugh:

Did you once group up with friends to play AJL around the time of Requiem?

Corporal Hicks

DarkStar sounds more familiar! I did used to play AJL - but it was only for a short period of time. Might have been me.

System Apollo

Well if it's the correct Hicks, it's nice to see you again!  :)
Speaking of PlanetAVP, I can't seem to find it. Did they move their address?

Corporal Hicks

Haha indeed! I always love seeing old names crop up.

That died sometime ago. I believe their crew moved to a site called Outpost AvP.

Edit: However, that site looks like its dead now too. Crop SiL a message, he might know where they live now.

System Apollo

SiL is still around!? My goodness! It's really nice to know that a lot of the old faces are still among the community! Are any of the xXx guys on here? Like Dropdead and Oracle?

Murtair

Murtair

How's it going folks? Murtair here(if you know what it means I applaud you). Just saying hi again since I've been away from here since 2010/11-ish. Nice to see the place still going and still full of awesome people. Now that the introduction is out of the way, I must return to Alien: Isolation. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

A murderer, in our ranks. Scandalous. But welcome all the same! :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: System Apollo on Oct 09, 2014, 10:42:54 PM
SiL is still around!? My goodness! It's really nice to know that a lot of the old faces are still among the community! Are any of the xXx guys on here? Like Dropdead and Oracle?

SiL is still around. Quite active on here.

As for the xXx: No they never joined us. I remember Oracle was involved in OutpostAvP and they did a podcast but not sure after that.

Darkstar_3k

Hey guys new to this forum so just wanted to say hi...I'm Marc from sunny essex in the UK...film and gaming geek and lover all all things that go bump in the night ;) lol

tavianini19

tavianini19

Welcome!

Shamo

Shamo

Hey everyone!

I am Shamo from Germany! I am 31- still doing my MA in Japanese Studies. And I am a long time Alien Fan since I can think! I love having really in depth discussions about the Alien universe-  it inspires me to this day. I am in the second half of Alien Isolation on PS3 and I love every second about it! I thought I would celebrate my happiness by joining here and share my fanboyism!  ;D

Can't wait for the new AVP&Alien&Prometheus Comics!

Hope everyone is having fun with the new game!

You can send me messages in German, English and Japanese!

System Apollo

Quote from: Darkstar_3k on Oct 11, 2014, 10:38:27 AM
Hey guys new to this forum so just wanted to say hi...I'm Marc from sunny essex in the UK...film and gaming geek and lover all all things that go bump in the night ;) lol
Well that username is ironic  :laugh:
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 10, 2014, 01:20:26 PM
Quote from: System Apollo on Oct 09, 2014, 10:42:54 PM

SiL is still around. Quite active on here.

As for the xXx: No they never joined us. I remember Oracle was involved in OutpostAvP and they did a podcast but not sure after that.
I found what was left of the Outpost on steam. Kind of saddening to see a community that was so active disappear like that. Well at least we have a relic in SiL. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Shamo on Oct 12, 2014, 01:19:22 PM
Hey everyone!

I am Shamo from Germany! I am 31- still doing my MA in Japanese Studies. And I am a long time Alien Fan since I can think! I love having really in depth discussions about the Alien universe-  it inspires me to this day. I am in the second half of Alien Isolation on PS3 and I love every second about it! I thought I would celebrate my happiness by joining here and share my fanboyism!  ;D

Can't wait for the new AVP&Alien&Prometheus Comics!

Hope everyone is having fun with the new game!

You can send me messages in German, English and Japanese!

Welcome friend, and enjoy yourself! Sayonara for now ;) :)

anesidora

Hello everyone, I'm Anesidora from Vancouver, Canada :)

I registered on this site because I would like to participate in discussions with fellow Alien and sci-fi horror enthusiasts!

I've been an avid fan of Creative Assembly's works (notably the Total War series), and am impressed with their outstanding work on Alien Isolation. Expect to see me participating in the games subforums :)

I've been a longtime fan of the Alien series and remember seeing the original film when I was a child. The film was terrifying but memorable! The Alien series will always hold a special place in my heart.

I look forward to engaging in discussions with you all!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed