Author
Dune Remake (Read 164,272 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Fake news!  >:(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kwisatz on May 03, 2024, 06:42:48 PMFake news!  >:(

It is not information that gets presented on the dust jacket, that's for sure!

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2024, 06:42:02 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 06:35:53 PMJust saw Part II.

Spoiler
I never knew Paul was Harkonnen
[close]

In the book he discovers this even sooner, during the scene in the tent that came in the back half of the first movie when he's having visions brought on from general spice consumption on Arrakis. The films push it back as a much later reveal, stemming from the Water of Life.

This changed my whole view of him, I finally could see why he is a dark messiah.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2024, 06:44:25 PM

More like information thats spread by tired of life heretics!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kwisatz on May 03, 2024, 06:47:36 PM

More like something thats spread by tired of life heretics!

These... heretics, are they in the room with us right now?

kwisatz

kwisatz

I'll need a new Duncan..

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Is **** being Harkonnen technically "I am your Father," before Empire?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 06:51:49 PMIs **** being Harkonnen technically "I am your Father," before Empire?

Not really

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2024, 06:48:41 PM
Quote from: kwisatz on May 03, 2024, 06:47:36 PM

More like something thats spread by tired of life heretics!

These... heretics, are they in the room with us right now?

https://fictionfanblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/edric-by-mark-zug.jpg

Leaving out The Engineers in Part I and II really undermined the importance of the spice. Had they put it in when Paul says he'll blow up all the spice, as a viewer you'd be like "that's farriked up Atredies! You would set the galaxy adrift!"

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1787859937466708235

QuoteThe next big big secret she kept? Her cameo in Dune: Part Two." As Taylor-Joy tells it, she met with director Denis Villeneuve for another role in the film before she left for Australia to shoot "Furiosa." ("Denis is one of my all-time favorites," she says. "Arrival is my comfort movie.") But at the meeting, Villeneuve told her that her schedule on Miller's shoot wouldn't allow her to simultaneously depart for the fictional planet of Arrakis.

"Before I even sat down, he was like, 'I want you to be in "Dune," but you can't do it!'" Taylor-Joy recalls. "I was like, 'Please?' I skipped all the stages of grief and went straight to begging I was like, 'I can do this. I can be in Australia and Abu Dhabi at the same time.' He wanted me to be part of the universe. We kept in touch. I just had this feeling that it wasn't over."

So while filming "Furiosa," she kept asking her agents about "Dune," but they told her that the production had begun without her. Then, on the day she arrived back in Los Angeles from Australia, Villeneuve called her with a madcap proposition, sounding giddy. "He said, 'I made a deal with the studio: If I was on budget and on time, I could do this.'" By "this," he was referring to a small role at the end of the film where Taylor-Joy appears as Paul Atreides' younger sister, Alia,all grown up. Her mere existence as a projection of the family's future feels like a promise that the franchise isn't over.

"Anya was Alia as soon as I met with her," Villeneuve says in an email. "In fact, I realized after the fact, she has always been Alia. Anya feels out of this world, as though she belongs to some other dimension, one step into the dream."

She didn't tell anyone about the cameo, which shot with a scant crew in Namibia. "I told my husband and my parents," she says, adding, "and I took my mum." She claims that Villeneuve kept it so under wraps that "no one at the studio knew. My face had been blurred out" in early versions of the film.

At the London premiere this year, Taylor-Joy shocked movie fans by walking the carpet, revealing her role. "I asked Denis to tell the cast beforehand," she says. "I said, 'I can't just show up. Please don't do that to me.'"

Will there be another "Dune" in her future? "I hope so," Taylor-Joy says.

Villeneuve is all for it. "Shooting with Anya in Africa was nothing short of magical," he says. "Her generosity, candor and passion truly moved me. I can't wait to go back on Arrakis with her."

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/anya-taylor-joy-furiosa-dune-3-surprise-wedding-1235992889/

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Anya Taylor-Joy vía VarietyThe next big big secret she kept? Her cameo in Dune: Part Two." As Taylor-Joy tells it, she met with director Denis Villeneuve for another role in the film before she left for Australia to shoot "Furiosa." ("Denis is one of my all-time favorites," she says. "Arrival is my comfort movie.") But at the meeting, Villeneuve told her that her schedule on Miller's shoot wouldn't allow her to simultaneously depart for the fictional planet of Arrakis.

"Before I even sat down, he was like, 'I want you to be in "Dune," but you can't do it!'" Taylor-Joy recalls. "I was like, 'Please?' I skipped all the stages of grief and went straight to begging I was like, 'I can do this. I can be in Australia and Abu Dhabi at the same time.' He wanted me to be part of the universe. We kept in touch. I just had this feeling that it wasn't over."

So while filming "Furiosa," she kept asking her agents about "Dune," but they told her that the production had begun without her. Then, on the day she arrived back in Los Angeles from Australia, Villeneuve called her with a madcap proposition, sounding giddy. "He said, 'I made a deal with the studio: If I was on budget and on time, I could do this.'" By "this," he was referring to a small role at the end of the film where Taylor-Joy appears as Paul Atreides' younger sister, Alia,all grown up. Her mere existence as a projection of the family's future feels like a promise that the franchise isn't over.

"Anya was Alia as soon as I met with her," Villeneuve says in an email. "In fact, I realized after the fact, she has always been Alia. Anya feels out of this world, as though she belongs to some other dimension, one step into the dream."

She didn't tell anyone about the cameo, which shot with a scant crew in Namibia. "I told my husband and my parents," she says, adding, "and I took my mum." She claims that Villeneuve kept it so under wraps that "no one at the studio knew. My face had been blurred out" in early versions of the film.

At the London premiere this year, Taylor-Joy shocked movie fans by walking the carpet, revealing her role. "I asked Denis to tell the cast beforehand," she says. "I said, 'I can't just show up. Please don't do that to me.'"

Will there be another "Dune" in her future? "I hope so," Taylor-Joy says.

Villeneuve is all for it. "Shooting with Anya in Africa was nothing short of magical," he says. "Her generosity, candor and passion truly moved me. I can't wait to go back on Arrakis with her."

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1787859937466708235

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Am I the only one who thinks Princess Irulan rocked the chainmail coif?

I will also say Christopher Walkin did a good job as The Emperor.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: E. Shaw on May 08, 2024, 04:18:20 PMAm I the only one who thinks Princess Irulan rocked the chainmail coif?

Not at all. That might just be my favorite bit of wardrobe in the film (it's either that, or Jessica's Reverend Mother look).

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 08, 2024, 04:26:55 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on May 08, 2024, 04:18:20 PMAm I the only one who thinks Princess Irulan rocked the chainmail coif?

Not at all. That might just be my favorite bit of wardrobe in the film (it's either that, or Jessica's Reverend Mother look).

Not being well versed in the books, could the actress return for Children of Dune? I have bo idea how far after it takes place after Messiah. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed