Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 03:08:05 PM
Well yeah, Covenant rocks. :)
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by GrimmVision - Today at 03:06:34 PM
I wonder if the reason they aren't using the red band trailer, even for rated R movies, is because the red band doesn't have the TCS and Scott Free logos before it and the green band does.
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 03:01:56 PM
It will likely be attached to the next R rated film by 20th Century Studios sometime in June.

So... Deadpool & Wolverine
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 03:01:16 PM
And there people that think this movie would save this franchise. I think this movie would've been more of a franchise killer than what covenant did with the alien.
Last post by Scott Conover - Today at 02:45:40 PM
Quote from: cockroach on Today at 10:10:54 AMDo we think the next trailer will be attached to kingdom of the apes?

my guess is june tbh
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 02:30:22 PM
For what it's worth, it was the executives that killed this movie off, though seemingly it had nothing to do with the quality or content of the idea and more to do with the quantity and them not wanting to commit to two projects. Of the two, I'm glad we got Covenant, which remains a highlight of the franchise for me.

That being said, the idea of the Aliens building/growing structures is one that intrigues me (even though most of this project's other ideas don't really do it for me much at all), even (or, perhaps, especially) if it is just as a "What If" scenario. I do want to see this project explored in that fashion, as a book or comic or something, a la Gibson's scripts.
Last post by T Dog - Today at 02:13:24 PM
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Today at 03:08:33 AMI'm a little baffled that studio execs and Sigourney were so excited about this idea.
The executives were probably excited by "Ripley/Hicks/ALIENS" cash in nostalgia, and Weaver was probably excited about another go at playing Ripley; VS specific ideas that, as we see them now on paper, look terrible.
Last post by 0321recon - Today at 02:03:01 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Today at 01:34:38 PMWhat a terrible idea. Jockey's growing the ship is one thing but having the Aliens grow an intersellar starship from human material is just soooo stupid. I won't even start on the queen mech suit or the many hybrids or the bursting of mini huggers....  Now the fansplaining starts, trying and rationalise the ideas and make them sound better.

I'll forever be thankful that this was scrapped. I'll even take David the creator over this.

Even Romulus is going to play with mutations and different creatures. I've been thinking that if you can't make an interesting movie focusing on the titular Alien then this series should have just ended with A3.

Totally agree. No amount of fansplaining will salvage this dumpster fire. Glad at the end of the day AlienĀ³ survived this.
Last post by 426Buddy - Today at 01:34:38 PM
What a terrible idea. Jockey's growing the ship is one thing but having the Aliens grow an intersellar starship from human material is just soooo stupid. I won't even start on the queen mech suit or the many hybrids or the bursting of mini huggers....  Now the fansplaining starts, trying and rationalise the ideas and make them sound better.

I'll forever be thankful that this was scrapped. I'll even take David the creator over this.

Even Romulus is going to play with mutations and different creatures. I've been thinking that if you can't make an interesting movie focusing on the titular Alien then this series should have just ended with A3.
Prey / Re: Prey Critic Review Thread
Last post by oduodu - Today at 01:29:43 PM
Quote from: CANNON on Today at 12:39:38 PM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:46:45 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 09:28:57 AMAlso, the hunchback look bothers me. Yes I know why it's like that, but still.
He moves like a movie monster. He looks like a movie monster. Everything that makes the Predator unique as an alien is replaced by a hunched, lumbering space orc with a half decent pirouette.

Absolutely agreed
2nded
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed