Questions about the Mythos that I need answers to [and maybe you do too]

Started by episodenone, Jul 10, 2010, 01:09:22 PM

Author
Questions about the Mythos that I need answers to [and maybe you do too] (Read 4,198 times)

episodenone

I keep posting this in the review thread - but no one seems to notice!

1 - Is the difference between the 2 Predators explained by the whole Yajuta vs [the other name] from the comics/novels?

2 - What exactlly was that place Noland lived in?  A ship? An abandoned city/building?

3 - Could the planet - with its varied forms of topography be the same as the planet from AvP: Requiem -- or is it somewhere confirmed to be an entirely new planet?

Feel free to post your questions here [and not things like "why was is too dark?" or "why did they use guitar?' but questions about the actual Mythos of the franchise] -- you know - pretend it's real!

Thanks in advance

Adey

Adey

Noland lived in an abandoned drill it says it in the movie, the planet in AVP was homeworld and the entire planet they were on is a separate game preserve, perhaps the red looking planet they see from the cliff is there home planet

randy marsh

Quote from: episodenone on Jul 10, 2010, 01:09:22 PM

1 - Is the difference between the 2 Predators explained by the whole Yajuta vs [the other name] from the comics/novels?

2 - What exactlly was that place Noland lived in?  A ship? An abandoned city/building?

3 - Could the planet - with its varied forms of topography be the same as the planet from AvP: Requiem -- or is it somewhere confirmed to be an entirely new planet?

Feel free to post your questions here [and not things like "why was is too dark?" or "why did they use guitar?' but questions about the actual Mythos of the franchise] -- you know - pretend it's real!

Thanks in advance
1. yes
2.no
3.Ms Chokesondick
4.Tweek

Cloak_Dagger

Thanks in advance

2.  It's an abandoned mining drill, the machine is dead but the power still works.
3.  No, nor can it be in the same system as the Predator home planet, why would a waring 'bad blood sub-species' have a game reserve in the same system as their enemy?  in all likelihood, the predator species as a whole, probably prefers a red hue.

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

The drill was the most intriguing thing in the film to me, as it suggests that there is (or was), another space-faring race out there as advanced as Predators or Humans, (or Space Jockeys, if you consider Alien and Predator to share the same fictional universe still, which I do).

Of course, being that the film didn't get anything quite right, this was a throw-away line and nothing more. It would have been interesting if the jungle planet had been in contention between not only two types of Preds, but another alien race as well...but I guess not.

episodenone

yea - i was hoping that it might have been an old Space Jockey outpost... and was praying that we'd see one of their skeletons.... somewhere... anywhere -- I HATE that they have been abandoned by this entire mythos

i guess it does make sense that the Predator Homeworld could have been one of the other planets we could see -- and this was more like an Endor Moon.

Does anyone remember if in AvP: R we get a good shot of the system Wolf blasts off through as he leaves planet?

Also -- if anyone can give explicit detail as to how the novels / comics might explain the difference between the 2 diff Preds -- please feel free to elaborate!

Keg

Quote from: episodenone on Jul 10, 2010, 04:31:31 PM

Also -- if anyone can give explicit detail as to how the novels / comics might explain the difference between the 2 diff Preds -- please feel free to elaborate!

The comics wont explain anything. This is a movie that has done its own thing and doesnt have any ties to any comics (except ones comissioned to be a direct tie-in to the movie of course). Comics and novels arent canon and therefore cannot explain anything we see in the movies.

episodenone

Quote from: Keg on Jul 10, 2010, 04:52:36 PM

The comics wont explain anything. This is a movie that has done its own thing and doesnt have any ties to any comics (except ones comissioned to be a direct tie-in to the movie of course). Comics and novels arent canon and therefore cannot explain anything we see in the movies.

no -- i hear ya -- i understand that.

i am just asking that, if it is possible, can you take the 2 different kind of predators from the novels / books and "ret-conn" them into explaining the 2 different kinds of predators from the movie.

lets look at like a creative writing assignment!  ;D

Vemados

Quote from: episodenone on Jul 10, 2010, 04:31:31 PM
yea - i was hoping that it might have been an old Space Jockey outpost... and was praying that we'd see one of their skeletons.... somewhere... anywhere -- I HATE that they have been abandoned by this entire mythos

i guess it does make sense that the Predator Homeworld could have been one of the other planets we could see -- and this was more like an Endor Moon.

Does anyone remember if in AvP: R we get a good shot of the system Wolf blasts off through as he leaves planet?

Why would a Space Jockey outpost be in Predators?

ShadowPred

Mattyoung1977

If ever there was a catch 22 question that was it  ;)

Tangakkai

Thanks in advance

1. No it is simply said that there are bigger and smaller preds. The preds from the first 2 films belong to the smaller ones whereas these 3 newly introduced hunters are outlaws in the predator society being far more superior in strength.

2. It was a drill once used by an alien race.

3. It's totally new. The planet from AvP:R was the "home planet" where preds live. This planet is "just" a game preserve where the preds bring their prey to hunt.

Eidotemit

They didn't say they were outlaws in the pred society, just that they were two different societies.

Mattyoung1977

yeah was glad to see that they mentioned that the bigger bad preds hunted the smaller ones in some sort of blood feud that according to crazy larry had been going on for ages!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed