Yes, to the Predator universe only
4 (5.3%)
Yes, to both universes
24 (31.6%)
No I do not consider the AVP movies canon
48 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author
Do you consider the AVP movies canon? (Read 22,156 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Nov 16, 2016, 10:46:16 PM
a fat man that wasn't a threat
Who was this?

https://expresselevatortohell.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/grid-vs-celtic-avp-aliens-vs-predator.gif
The second picture shows a bunch of skinny Aliens (that aren't from the movie - grab a still of the Alien being thrown off the APC in the hive). Thanks for proving my point ... ?

QuoteAnd that Queen shouldn't be that big, after all, many comics and games showed that Queen are twice or a bit more bigger than a Normal Xeno, the only ones bigger than that were Empresses and Queen Mothers
The comics are all over the place and are often inconsistent from panel to panel. There is no "shouldn't".

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

Quote from: SiL on Nov 16, 2016, 11:47:40 PM
Quote from: SrSpinelli on Nov 16, 2016, 10:46:16 PM
a fat man that wasn't a threat
Who was this?

https://expresselevatortohell.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/grid-vs-celtic-avp-aliens-vs-predator.gif
The second picture shows a bunch of skinny Aliens (that aren't from the movie - grab a still of the Alien being thrown off the APC in the hive). Thanks for proving my point ... ?

QuoteAnd that Queen shouldn't be that big, after all, many comics and games showed that Queen are twice or a bit more bigger than a Normal Xeno, the only ones bigger than that were Empresses and Queen Mothers
The comics are all over the place and are often inconsistent from panel to panel. There is no "shouldn't".

1* The guy in the cemetery
2* The second pic is a good exmeplo of how the original Xenos(excluding the Runner and Bastard Xenos) looked like

Compare those two, do you really think that the ones from AvP aren't skinny?
3* And a crossover considered shit by most people should?

Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 16, 2016, 11:26:54 PM
Quote from: SrSpinelli on Nov 16, 2016, 09:38:52 PM
Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 16, 2016, 10:42:43 AM
I would say yes. As they said, they do not interfere with either of the two franchises and I think it enriches both universes. They are not bad movies, especially the first one. We can not compare them with the masterpieces of the saga, but I consider them very enjoyable. They are an interesting point of view and it is always exciting to see Alien and Predator together in real image.
It shits on both
Predators hunting in thecold, killing unworth prey, using Xenos as trial and making up bullshit with the "Mark" thing, Xenos being super skinny and weak, Predators being extremely stupid, Xenos being found on Earth(when the first record was on Nostromo.) a Praetorian that impregnates pregnant women, a giantic Xenomorph Queen when the first one was like, two times taller than the average Warrior, making Xenos stupid and basically shitting on the Predator honor with the whole "Gods" things.

Yes, they are bad movies. they do interfere with both franchise, they kill Weyland and make him look exacly like Bishop designer(which was on Alien 3 only to represent the company)

So no, they aren't canon.

As well said Windebieste, the Bishop of Alien 3 is an android or a descendant of Weyland that we see in Alien Vs Predator. But aside from small details... it is a film very well filmed, with amazing shoots and with some great ideas (the pyramid, place it in the Antarctic, the origin of the confrontation). I would rather Resurrection not be canon instead of this one.
The only thing I find good in that movie is the pratical effects, the story is full of flaws, the "origin of the confrotation" completly ruins the Xenomorph and is basically a "f**k you" to Ridley Scott, and Ressurection is not canon, nor Alien 3 or the AvP movies.

SamuelDL

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Nov 17, 2016, 12:15:40 AM

As well said Windebieste, the Bishop of Alien 3 is an android or a descendant of Weyland that we see in Alien Vs Predator. But aside from small details... it is a film very well filmed, with amazing shoots and with some great ideas (the pyramid, place it in the Antarctic, the origin of the confrontation). I would rather Resurrection not be canon instead of this one.

The only thing I find good in that movie is the pratical effects, the story is full of flaws, the "origin of the confrotation" completly ruins the Xenomorph and is basically a "f**k you" to Ridley Scott, and Ressurection is not canon, nor Alien 3 or the AvP movies.

SrSpinelli

Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 17, 2016, 12:30:46 AM

http://i.imgur.com/7xmc9ki.gif
Alien 5 coming in 2018-2019
Reboot set after Aliens.

SamuelDL

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Nov 17, 2016, 12:53:42 AM

Reboot set after Aliens.

In theory, but we can not assure it until it becomes a reality. At the moment they are canon.

SrSpinelli

Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 17, 2016, 12:57:57 AM

Reboot set after Aliens.

In theory, but we can not assure it until it becomes a reality. At the moment they are canon.
At the moment Fox doesn't know what is canon or not, they even said that Colonial Marines is canon , well, probaly not anymore after the amount of crap they said the game was

SamuelDL

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Nov 17, 2016, 01:00:50 AM

At the moment Fox doesn't know what is canon or not, they even said that Colonial Marines is canon , well, probaly not anymore after the amount of crap they said the game was

Did not they say that before the game came out? Pure marketing.

The Alien Predator

Who cares what's canon? Enjoy what you guys like. If it's a good story, great, if not, then just ignore it.

SiL

SiL

2* The second pic is a good exmeplo of how the original Xenos(excluding the Runner and Bastard Xenos) looked like
1. He had a gun
2. Still skinny. They were always meant to be skinny. Go to the scene in the second movie I mentioned.
3. Should what? You're saying the Queen shouldn't be a certain size. There is no 'shouldn't' in her case.

And most of the comics and novels aren't Canon by your standard anyway, so why are you bothering to mention them at all?

SrSpinelli

Quote from: SiL on Nov 17, 2016, 05:26:46 AM

1. He had a gun
2. Still skinny. They were always meant to be skinny. Go to the scene in the second movie I mentioned.
3. Should what? You're saying the Queen shouldn't be a certain size. There is no 'shouldn't' in her case.

And most of the comics and novels aren't Canon by your standard anyway, so why are you bothering to mention them at all?
1* he had a gun, was no threat
2*They might be skinny, but aren't super skinny like the ones in AvP
3* Why no "shouldn't"?

SiL

SiL

1. Neither were the old ladies in the subway in Predator 2, didn't stop them getting slaughtered.

2. Yes they are. Go look for that shoot I'm telling you about. Use actual images from the films, not Locusta's renders.

3. Because she can be whatever size they want. She's older. Size difference explained.

SM

SM

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Nov 17, 2016, 01:00:50 AM

Reboot set after Aliens.

Fox Licensing knows perfectly well what is and isn't canon.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: SiL on Nov 17, 2016, 10:01:51 PM
1. Neither were the old ladies in the subway in Predator 2, didn't stop them getting slaughtered.
The Predator was even going to nuke the 5-Year Old in the cemetery if he didn't find out it was fake.

The movie Predators are all Jerk hats. :laugh:

SrSpinelli

Quote from: SiL on Nov 17, 2016, 10:01:51 PM

2. Yes they are. Go look for that shoot I'm telling you about. Use actual images from the films, not Locusta's renders.

3. Because she can be whatever size they want. She's older. Size difference explained.
1* Everyone one that was killed in the train were holding Weapons, the Old Ladies had wepaons in their hands.
2* I used an actual shoot from the first Alien movie yet you ignored it.
3* The Xenomorph reaches it's full size in 1 day, why would it grow more?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Nov 18, 2016, 09:34:59 AM
1* Everyone one that was killed in the train were holding Weapons, the Old Ladies had wepaons in their hands.
So did the guy in the cemetery. Wolf even zooms in on it.

Quote2* I used an actual shoot from the first Alien movie yet you ignored it.
I didn't ignore it. You again showed an Alien that's barely thicker than the CGI AvP Alien.

Quote3* The Xenomorph reaches it's full size in 1 day, why would it grow more?
Queens don't. Alien Resurrection showed this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed