Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 137,352 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Apr 24, 2016, 03:14:30 AM
It's not supposed to be a Conestoga - just something similar.
It does look a little different when comparing the fine details. Have the artist or author actually said that, though?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Couple more from Brian's Instagram.

QuoteUnused Predator helmet concept for predator: Life and Death.

There's just something about seeing a Predator hanging off some Engineer architecture that makes me happy.

QuoteLongface, predator concept for Predator: Life and Death

From Brian's Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BrianThiesArt/

Ultramorph

Brian uploaded an Aliens Day doodle yesterday, and it's a pretty neat variant on the xeno. I hope something like it shows up at some point in Life and Death.

All Comic also has a preview of Predator #3:
http://all-comic.com/2016/preview-predator-life-death-3/

Morgoth

Just finished the first two issues while picking picking up aliens defiance as well. I like the predator masks in this one. I hope Ahab makes a comeback.

happypred

Really hope #3 delivers the action in spades

SM

SM

I'd encourage you to at least keep with it till issue 4.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Apr 30, 2016, 03:35:02 AM
I'd encourage you to at least keep with it till issue 4.
Is issue 4 out?

Corporal Hicks

Not yet. It's out June 1st.

Xenomrph

SM, do you have advance copies or something?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

"He's supposed to be some kinda consultant. Apparently he saw an alien once."

Another mask from Brian: https://www.instagram.com/p/BE7lMlcktbN/

Review for #3. https://bigcomicpage.com/2016/05/03/review-predator-life-and-death-3-dark-horse-comics/ Kind of so/so.

happypred

Please let #3 deliver the action

No more pointless delay

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I picked up the digital version this morning and just got done reading it. It was a mixed bag, really. It had some fun action, and Thies showed off some good artwork in this issue, but once again the story sort of treaded water. At least
Spoiler
they've finally reached the Juggernaut. I have hope that issue #4 will be a fun finale, and that Life and Death will pick up, but this first series has been pretty slow. Maybe I'm just spoiled by how much story it felt like they managed to get into Defiance #1.
[close]

Also, in the behind-the-scenes at the end, it's confirmed that the Marines' hovercraft were inspired by those in the first AvP comic, so that's a cool little nod. It also mentions that there are so many characters because they want to be able to spin them off in future stories if they feel like it.

Corporal Hicks

I just picked mine up too. I'm in agreement. It just seems like it's taking its time getting going. I feel like the Predators are going to still persist throughout the story though. I did like the character moment with Rucker, that was really nice!

Ultramorph

Yeah, the writing of the characters was definitely stepped up this time around along with the art. As far as the Predators
Spoiler
I assume at some point they'll follow our heroes to LV-223. They must have a ship of their own, so they won't exactly be stranded once the Juggernaut takes off.

Speaking of being stranded, I wonder if we'll spend the majority of the event of LV-223 once we get there, or if the characters will get off and have adventures elsewhere.
[close]

XenoZipper

Just finished reading #3 as well digitally. It was so so, a mixed bag for me as well. I didn't like the use of the "This time it's war" tag line on the cover. I think they should let the covers speak for itself rather than relying on old used tag line to try & sell. The Rucker moment was nice I'll agree, didn't mind the one Predator near the end holding the dude, neat mask anyway. Didn't like how the art looked on the dead Predators. The hair bothered me, I know, such a small little thing. I do wonder however why this has been set up since the beginning to be a 17 part story, seems to me there's gonna be some slow moving issues to come in the future to stretch out the story but hopefully I'm wrong & it'll just get more awesome as it goes. Now I'm ready for Defiance #2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed