New "Escape" trailer up

Started by newbeing, Aug 30, 2012, 11:09:47 AM

Author
New "Escape" trailer up (Read 58,255 times)

Deany-B

Deany-B

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Aug 30, 2012, 04:34:02 PM
Graphics are terrible....at least 5 years behind.
Games aren't always about graphics, yunno?
If you want to see a game with crap graphics and outdated engine, look at Call of Duty.

Game mode looks decent, I do hope for an Infestation-styled game mode for this game.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Deany-B on Aug 30, 2012, 05:17:32 PM
Games aren't always about graphics, yunno?
If you want to see a game with crap graphics and outdated engine, look at Call of Duty.

Game mode looks decent, I do hope for an Infestation-styled game mode for this game.

Exactly, AvP3 had fantastic graphics and it was a shitbag game.

DRAKE M.

DRAKE M.

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 30, 2012, 05:12:39 PM
Quote from: Remonster on Aug 30, 2012, 05:10:19 PM

Bull. I hate when people make egregious remarks like that. You're looking at a blurry video, from a game that isn't even finished yet. I don't get it.

Agreed.

Blurry video? The picture I posted is crystal clear and the graphics suck! Also, if you think the game is gonna look any better than that when it comes out, you are dreaming. That's it pal...

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Guys, you're feeding it. Trailer looks great, Kane's son looks terrifying, spitter looks alright.

predxeno

predxeno

I wonder how you spit as the Spitter; I'm guessing it's claw and tail attacks are very weak and that's why it has to rely on spitting as its primary form of attack, therefore I'm assuming either the claw or tail attack keys will be replaced with a spit attack key.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

I thought it was a kid saying the graphics suck since anyone born after 91 seems to not appreciate the glory days of video game but the dudes 41. Graphics look amazing and the atmosphere is top notch.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 30, 2012, 05:54:49 PM
I wonder how you spit as the Spitter; I'm guessing it's claw and tail attacks are very weak and that's why it has to rely on spitting as its primary form of attack, therefore I'm assuming either the claw or tail attack keys will be replaced with a spit attack key.
They should just give the spitting feature to the Runner, and implement it so it relies mainly on speed, agility, and hit and run tactics.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 30, 2012, 05:58:15 PM
I thought it was a kid saying the graphics suck since anyone born after 91 seems to not appreciate the glory days of video game but the dudes 41. Graphics look amazing and the atmosphere is top notch.

Lol, I have to agree being nearer my 40s then my 30s now.

Griffith

Griffith

There is no harm on criticizing, we expect the best and GBX should deliver, I liked the trailer a lot, kanes son looks great and the spitter well, those things glowing behind the crown/head seems to shinny for me but overall is ok, feels like Left 4 dead 2 which is good  :), but seriously graphics looks outdated A LOT, I hope that GBX can work it out on this 6 months to go but no wonder if the look/graphics/textures have been completed by now maybe they are focusing on gameplay/mechanic aspects, who knows.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Looking good.

Spitter looks like a Kenner toy, though.

How many different aliens so far?

Soldier
Lurker
Spitter
Crusher
Queen?

I could swear we've seen quite a few more in concept art shots...

Griffith

Griffith

Runner is confirmed, I remember seeing a glimpse of it from the first footage media 

DRAKE M.

DRAKE M.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Aug 30, 2012, 06:02:03 PM
Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 30, 2012, 05:58:15 PM

Lol, I have to agree being nearer my 40s then my 30s now.

Hey pal, it's just my opinion...don't get your panties in a twist. I appreciate the old games as much as the next guy. Graphics are not everything but is it too much too ask for great game play and great graphics?

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I dont see what the big deal is. The graphics aren't the best I've ever seen, but they don't suck by any means. The spitter is awesome save for the glowing sacs. If they only glow when the spitter is about to attack, that would be a different story. But other than that, the trailer is fantastic and epic. So excited!!!

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Griffith on Aug 30, 2012, 06:11:53 PM
Runner is confirmed, I remember seeing a glimpse of it from the first footage media 
Really? I must've missed that then. ???

Still, why would Gearbox make the Lurker the fastest and most agile of the different classes when clearly the Runner is suppose to be? The Lurker is obviously based off the original Alien. Which was the slowest moving Alien in the entire series. ::)

Then again, it's probably the same reason they made the Aliens too small, the weapons have the wrong sfx, etc.... stupidity. lol

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Griffith on Aug 30, 2012, 06:06:37 PM
There is no harm on criticizing, we expect the best and GBX should deliver, I liked the trailer a lot, kanes son looks great and the spitter well, those things glowing behind the crown/head seems to shinny for me but overall is ok, feels like Left 4 dead 2 which is good  :), but seriously graphics looks outdated A LOT, I hope that GBX can work it out on this 6 months to go but no wonder if the look/graphics/textures have been completed by now maybe they are focusing on gameplay/mechanic aspects, who knows.

Oh I agree with you 100%. There is no harm in criticizing whatsoever. However, people should be more worried about being critical with the game play more than anything else. AvP3 had puuurdy graphics - but no matter how hard you shine and polish a turd its still a lump of shit.

I think thats our point, if I may speak ever so lightly for poot. 

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Aug 30, 2012, 06:17:29 PM
Hey pal, it's just my opinion...don't get your panties in a twist.

::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed