Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,062 times)

Otnip

Otnip

This thread gives me a headache.
We don't know all the steps that Chet goes through to become a queen. We can assume this was the big secret but that there are more in store. At least, I hope ones that explain the life cycle more. 

Until we find out what those secrets are, even if people argue about the canon being written or changed or rewritten or whatever the hell, maybe things were sometimes made clear in previous Alien films to make room for new ideas.

Negative people have a right to be negative at this point and positive people may go ahead and decide if they like the life cycle expansion.

But for the love of god, judging a movie on a single account out of context and not yet fully explained is dumb. Express them freely now, and learn the truth of the whole fiasco later.

P.S: Canon can really annoy me sometimes...

pete

pete

Hybrid - I don't mind the idea, it strikes me as similar to the Frog DNA explanation in Jurassic Park - like finds a way.

In both of the previous Alien films where there has been a single drone you see them making preparations to begin some kind of hive, either through the cut scene in Alien or keeping Ripley alive in A3. This has just taken it one stage further and we will see the beginnings of a hive, rather than a completed one as in A2

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

So now with this new reproduction the aliens populate like this:
a queen lays the eggs, if she or her hive feels threatened and feels she might be destroyed she has the ability to produce a superfacehugger which can produce another queen and a drone for her protection. If there is no queen present a single drone (or prealien) has the ability to molt into one and rebuild the hive through mouth impregnation. There is nothing wrong with this new idea, it makes the alien species that more menicing and dangerous.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 27, 2007, 08:35:43 AM
Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 27, 2007, 07:59:49 AM
I still want Colin & Greg on AvP3 because that presents us the best chance of getting something closer to Giger's Alien.
How do you figure that?  Most of the stuff we've seen so far couldn't be further from the original.

Because they've been in touch with the fandom for well over a year now. SiL's pretty much drilled it home what Alien fans want to see design-wise, and I think Crom even revealed that Giger's Alien head will show up in the Predator's trophy case.

So that leads me to believe if they get another crack we'll get an Alien design closer to the original's than ever before.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Oct 27, 2007, 06:09:28 PM
a queen lays the eggs, if she or her hive feels threatened and feels she might be destroyed she has the ability to produce a superfacehugger which can produce another queen and a drone for her protection. If there is no queen present a single drone (or prealien) has the ability to molt into one and rebuild the hive through mouth impregnation. There is nothing wrong with this new idea, it makes the alien species that more menicing and dangerous.

That's what I was thinking. The regurgitation method is only used when a lone drone is molting into a Queen. Once the molting process is done, it is a mature Queen and lays eggs.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

ok so....instead of facehuggers and eggs we got the pred-alien that is a pred-alien-queen that barfs embryos into peoples mouths....and how does this not f**k with everything thats has been previously established?

...wonderful

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Well said Hybrid PM

BUGZ

BUGZ

It seems the "barfing" idea has caused alot of heated comments. I have to agree with SiL on this. His points are very valid. The Stause Brothers have said they are going back to the old roots of Alien/Aliens? But ive not seen, in any clips or pictures showing evidence of this other than teenagers and cops running around in an American Pie setting. I'm sorry,but thats just wrong! Not only have you help aid Anderson Bastardise the AVP franchise - you have also helped f**k up both the Alien AND the Predator franchise.

If you wanted to bring back old school then why not do it the old way then? None of this " A quiet small town where everything is calm and peiceful .. UNTIL ONE DAY..." crap! Tha sort of sh*t is targeted at TEENAGERS! You got to remember this is an adult film!!

I know I am sure to get alot of heated comments form this  - TBH - I really don't care,but if your going to take on a BIG franchise like this then atleast do it right!! Get your arse in gear and make it right! No re-hash of the ADI Alien : Res xenomorphs!!! But use the dam ALIEN design atleast! Surely you could have asked FOX for some funding for that eh?

Bri >:(

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 27, 2007, 06:12:43 PM

That's what I was thinking. The regurgitation method is only used when a lone drone is molting into a Queen. Once the molting process is done, it is a mature Queen and lays eggs.
I like this new idea I don't know why there are so many haters but everone is entitled to their opinion.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

OKAY since when is Chet BARFING? Its uining its tounge thing to go into a persons mouth, not BARFING, whoever came up with that word is an idiot trying to make it sound stupider. UNLESS Colin said it his self.

gameoverman

gameoverman

It is a good idea.  Better than egg morphing.  Unfortunately, it won't satisfy the purists.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: BUGZ on Oct 27, 2007, 06:15:37 PM
The Stause Brothers have said they are going back to the old roots of Alien/Aliens? But ive not seen, in any clips or pictures showing evidence of this other than teenagers and cops running around in an American Pie setting. I'm sorry,but thats just wrong! Not only have you help aid Anderson Bastardise the AVP franchise - you have also helped f**k up both the Alien AND the Predator franchise.

Its interesting too, because while AVP was Pg-13 and had crap story and script, AVP2 is deforming it the other way with 1 single selling point: grit. Theyre approaching it like grit apparently is in many peoples mind: slasher. How different is this REALLY from AVP?

Grit and crappy horror are not one and the same. Its sad that were actually bowing to this nonsense with one of the strongest franchises to prove this wrong: alien in particular. Thats whats so frustrating.

Now we get a vomiting gag on top of this. Nice.  ::)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 06:02:43 PM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 27, 2007, 05:59:32 PM
Sorry, gameover...must have dozed off... could you copy-paste your response...? When I left yesterday, we were at page 14... now, we are already at page 59... :o :o and I am having some trouble keeping up with all the posts...!  :-[ ::)

I said the Queen never had a chance to use the 'barfing' method because she was in captivity.

Huh... that is pretty flimsy, don't you think...? I mean, you are trying to insert the 'Barfing embryo-laying' into the rationale of the whole scene... She was not conceived, neither by Jim, nor by the following, to have a third RC in AR, and I am sure Perez dialogue with Wren and Gediman specifically stated she would start laying eggs, not even remotely implying she had a previous RC before that...which we know she didn't, from AVP, Aliens, etc...

It is a bit much having one Alien eggmorghing, then having a Queen laying the eggs for two more movies, then add a new unnecessary and quite ridiculous cycle on top of that...

I thought you said you had 'demonstrated' it... you know you require proof, that's why I presented the dialogue scene in AR, as well as previous movies, to show you there was no prior RC before the Egg-laying one...

Jim Cameron will like this one, I can assure that... ::) Not only Colin destroys his Queen thing, it gives Aliens way more RCs than any creature can possibly have (4 RCs - egg-laying one, barfing one, the mixed one AND mixed barfing-egg laying one, because I don't think being the Predalien a QUeen, it would not go on and start the egg-laying one in a following stage...)

So, this RC is an ill-conceived idea from every perspective...This is a franchise, not some new movie with alien creatures like Alien versus Hunter... ;D

We now have Aliens having 3 RCs (4, with artificial DNA mixing) and this is quite preposterous...
and certainly uncalled for...the RC is onle of the most well-established canons in the Alien movies... Why mess with that...? ::)

The AR one was done in laboratory, the EM was before the Queen one but could also be added to it, in specific cases no Queen is present and nowhere to be found... this BC (Barfing cycle), predictably a preliminary cycle before the Egg-laying one, is overkill... and too canon-sensitive...

If she had the ability to barf embryos, I am sure the scientists like Gediman and Wren would know about it, and use some soldiers to be hosts...The waiting for the cryo-abductees from the Betty proves, beyond doubt, this stage was inexistent in that movie... ;)

Past Alien movies' evidence and logic disavowed this new cycle, not just personal opinions like mine... ;)

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 06:26:02 PM

It is a good idea.  Better than egg morphing.  Unfortunately, it won't satisfy the purists.
Yea, I guess you can't please everyone.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Since when is Chet vomiting?!?!?!?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed