Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by SM - Today at 05:20:33 AM
Plus Ripley's come back of "I guess I must make you nervous" is a f**king great line.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 05:16:04 AM
Last post by SM - Today at 05:15:19 AM
Quote from: Prez on Today at 05:12:43 AM
Quote from: SM on Today at 01:38:34 AMThe art on both those books was pretty disappointing.

I quite liked both of them in parts. Perhaps the colouring on the original Alien book was a bit too colourful for my liking.

Didn't mind the colouring so much as the wasted opportunities for ship and creature design.

The gender changes were nice though.
Last post by Prez - Today at 05:14:59 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 05:13:54 AMOne of these days you will dislike something!  Even Ned Flanders hated the post office! >:(

I dislike plenty, I just don't waste my time venting about it online too much (my wife or close friends are reserved for that ... hahaha).
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 05:13:54 AM
One of these days you will dislike something!  Even Ned Flanders hated the post office! >:(
Last post by Prez - Today at 05:12:43 AM
Quote from: SM on Today at 01:38:34 AMThe art on both those books was pretty disappointing.

I quite liked both of them in parts. Perhaps the colouring on the original Alien book was a bit too colourful for my liking.
Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 05:07:08 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 10, 2018, 12:10:30 AMAt least Alien 3 left all the worldbuilding intact...then Alien Resurrection flushed it all down the toilet.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 05:02:30 AM
Dillon pretty clearly demonstrated in the movie that he was not only no longer a rapist, he actually saved her from being gang raped by men that he considered his brothers.

After that he demonstrated that he was no longer a murderer when he couldn't bring himself to kill her, despite his earlier assurance that he was up to it.  Hell, he wouldn't even let her die in the mold.

In short, if you take away his "murderer and rapist of women" line, you grossly undermine the impact of what he does later in the film.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed