There were no Human trophies in Prey

Started by frasermaxx, Aug 11, 2022, 12:13:11 PM

Author
There were no Human trophies in Prey (Read 524 times)

frasermaxx

frasermaxx

I was expecting at least one or two human trophy making scenes, but only the wolf head trophy making was shown (should've shown the bear trophy instead). I agree the Predator makes trophies of those who give it a tough fight (Bear, Taabe, the natives it kills) the French hunters were not worthy I get that, but not even a human spine rip which is classic for Predator.

He also carried a huge medi-kit which is not used throughout the movie except for a syringe like object to patch his wounds.

Kailem

He did decapitate that one Comanche who was giving him the hands for a while, but I don't recall whether or not he actually attached his head to his belt or just dropped it.

But yeah, I did think there was a bit of a missed opportunity with having either the Comanche or French trappers finding some skinned humans and each thinking that the other was responsible or something like that.

frasermaxx

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 11, 2022, 12:16:32 PMHe did decapitate that one Comanche who was giving him the hands for a while, but I don't recall whether or not he actually attached his head to his belt or just dropped it.

But yeah, I did think there was a bit of a missed opportunity with having either the Comanche or French trappers finding some skinned humans and each thinking that the other was responsible or something like that.
True that!

BigDaddyJohn

Taabe should've definitely end up as a trophy.

SiL

SiL

I know people would've said it was a ripoff, but having Feral clean Taabe's skull while Naru set her traps would've at least help build the tension to the final fight.

frasermaxx

Quote from: SiL on Aug 11, 2022, 08:10:36 PMI know people would've said it was a ripoff, but having Feral clean Taabe's skull while Naru set her traps would've at least help build the tension to the final fight.
Something like when Dutch was doing his preparations and the predator making trophies of his slain comrades as parallels in the original. Would have been a nice touch.

CANNON

Quote from: frasermaxx on Aug 11, 2022, 12:13:11 PMI was expecting at least one or two human trophy making scenes, but only the wolf head trophy making was shown (should've shown the bear trophy instead). I agree the Predator makes trophies of those who give it a tough fight (Bear, Taabe, the natives it kills) the French hunters were not worthy I get that, but not even a human spine rip which is classic for Predator.

He also carried a huge medi-kit which is not used throughout the movie except for a syringe like object to patch his wounds.
Agreed - Film Makers who touch this franchise never seem to understand or know how to portray the elements that make a Predator. Many aspects that were either intentionally removed or just left out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed