Godzilla
100 (75.2%)
King Kong
25 (18.8%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,506,116 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Aug 26, 2022, 04:22:33 AMThey're filming scenes at a local high school. Drove past the crew location signs earlier today.
Sabotage time SiL, sabotage them

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 11, 2022, 03:48:23 PMhttps://twitter.com/KDM_Monsters/status/1557738715220348928

In Godzilla King of the Monsters (2019), it was hinted at that King Ghdiorah was of alien origin, coming from somewhere from the stars. Its quite possible that the evil ailen creators of Ghdiorah has decided to mount an alien invasion themselves.

Personally, I would like to see a Monsterverse version of "Destroyah". Some have written off Destroyah as an "Alien" rip-off since he no doubt was influenced by Alien with the inner jaw design. But I also thought the "satanic crab" design that goes though several evolutions in Godzilla vs Destroyah (1995) was pretty cool and a worthy and fearsome opponent for Godzilla.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

A new illustrated guide for the full film history of Godzilla has been spotted on Amazon. It is set to release on October 4th, 2022. Below is the synopsis for the book and three sample pages.

QuoteKnown as the 'King of the Monsters', Godzilla is one of the most famous creatures the cinema has ever known.

Godzilla: The Ultimate Illustrated Guide unites fascinating information and stunning imagery from more than 60 years of movie mayhem to show off the Earth's most enduring monster as never before.
This book is the ultimate illustrated reference work to all things Godzilla, from the early days in black and white in Japan to the biggest blockbusters of the 21st century. Never before has a work united the full gamut of Godzilla incarnations. Facts and figures, actors and locations, co-starring monsters and plenty of superb illustrated material add up to make this a rampaging beast of a book!

Source: Amazon Page Listing via MyKaiju On Facebook

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I like giant monsters and lost civilizations 👁🦋👁 I hope there is something like that in the Monsterverse 😭💕

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 31, 2022, 02:19:15 PMI like giant monsters and lost civilizations 👁🦋👁 I hope there is something like that in the Monsterverse 😭💕

https://i.ibb.co/dQvD6cg/5klup3hf58y71.jpg
You mean like the second movie where they blew that shit up without a second thought?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I want the tv series.

nanison

nanison

So we get both a godzilla tv series and a king kong tv series. Life is kinda good.
I'm not loving the monsterverse much but I still get excited(ish). The Kong tv show is supposedly a prequel and after math of the original 1933 (or 2005) that does get me very excited.
As long as Skull Island looks like that and not like the monsterverse version I'm game.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Breaking down all the Godzilla/Kong projects -

Origins (2024) [Godzilla vs Kong/MonsterVerse sequel]
Quote[8/25/22] Collider reports that Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, and Kaylee Hottle will be reprising their roles from Godzilla vs. Kong in the next film in the MonsterVerse, with Fala Chen, Alex Ferns, and Rachel House joining the cast as well. Furthermore, Terry Rossio will return to write the screenplay with Jeremy Slater and Simon Barrett. A new brief synopsis states that the film will see Kong joining forces with Godzilla to battle a new foe.

[7/29/22] Principal photography on the fifth MonsterVerse film begins in the Queensland, Australia suburb of Surfers Paradise.

[6/30/22] Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. announce that the yet-untitled fifth MonsterVerse film is set to be released on March 15, 2024.

[5/12/22] Dan Stevens joins the cast of Origins, the working title for the next MonsterVerse film. Adam Wingard will return as director.

[3/20/22] The next film in Legendary Pictures' MonsterVerse is set to film in Queensland, Australia, later in 2022.

King Kong (TBA) [Not set in the MonsterVerse]
Quote[8/23/22] Atomic Monster Productions and World Builder Entertainment will produce a King Kong series for Disney+, based on DeVito Artworks' King Kong of Skull Island property.

Hourglass (TBA) [Set in the MonsterVerse]
Quote[7/20/22] Kurt Russell and his son Wyatt Russell officially join the cast of Legendary's upcoming Godzilla-focused MonsterVerse television series.

[5/19/22] Matt Shakman will direct the first two episodes of Monarch and executive produce the series.

[1/20/22] Apple TV+ announce a new live-action Godzilla series produced by Legendary Television, set in the MonsterVerse.

Skull Island (TV 2022) [Set in the MonsterVerse]
Quote[6/8/22] The first official teaser image for Skull Island is revealed on Twitter.

Blockbuster Monster Movie (TBA) [Possible Toho Godzilla film]
Quote[2/18/22] A casting call for extras reveals that Takashi Yamazaki will be directing a kaiju film for Toho set in post-war Japan, tentatively titled Blockbuster Monster Movie.

Keep up with Wikizilla for updates -
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Main_Page

nanison

nanison

Wow thanks gylfrid. Lots of stuff coming up!

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

I was a fan of Kong: Skull Island (probably my favorite of the Monsterverse, despite being more of Godzilla fan) so I'm looking forward to a series if it's just as fun as the movie!  ;D

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Gilfryd on Sep 01, 2022, 09:41:33 PMBreaking down all the Godzilla/Kong projects -

Origins (2024) [Godzilla vs Kong/MonsterVerse sequel]
Quote[8/25/22] Collider reports that Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, and Kaylee Hottle will be reprising their roles from Godzilla vs. Kong in the next film in the MonsterVerse, with Fala Chen, Alex Ferns, and Rachel House joining the cast as well. Furthermore, Terry Rossio will return to write the screenplay with Jeremy Slater and Simon Barrett. A new brief synopsis states that the film will see Kong joining forces with Godzilla to battle a new foe.

[7/29/22] Principal photography on the fifth MonsterVerse film begins in the Queensland, Australia suburb of Surfers Paradise.

[6/30/22] Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. announce that the yet-untitled fifth MonsterVerse film is set to be released on March 15, 2024.

[5/12/22] Dan Stevens joins the cast of Origins, the working title for the next MonsterVerse film. Adam Wingard will return as director.

[3/20/22] The next film in Legendary Pictures' MonsterVerse is set to film in Queensland, Australia, later in 2022.

King Kong (TBA) [Not set in the MonsterVerse]
Quote[8/23/22] Atomic Monster Productions and World Builder Entertainment will produce a King Kong series for Disney+, based on DeVito Artworks' King Kong of Skull Island property.

Hourglass (TBA) [Set in the MonsterVerse]
Quote[7/20/22] Kurt Russell and his son Wyatt Russell officially join the cast of Legendary's upcoming Godzilla-focused MonsterVerse television series.

[5/19/22] Matt Shakman will direct the first two episodes of Monarch and executive produce the series.

[1/20/22] Apple TV+ announce a new live-action Godzilla series produced by Legendary Television, set in the MonsterVerse.

Skull Island (TV 2022) [Set in the MonsterVerse]
Quote[6/8/22] The first official teaser image for Skull Island is revealed on Twitter.

Blockbuster Monster Movie (TBA) [Possible Toho Godzilla film]
Quote[2/18/22] A casting call for extras reveals that Takashi Yamazaki will be directing a kaiju film for Toho set in post-war Japan, tentatively titled Blockbuster Monster Movie.

Keep up with Wikizilla for updates -
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Main_Page
Sweeeeet!

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

I outlined my own Monsterverse series for anyone bored enough to read it. :P

https://xennorr.blogspot.com/2022/09/my-monsterverse.html

nanison

nanison

Hey godzilla fans I was wondering apart from the original one and shin in what other films is Godzilla depicted as a scary monster? I've seen the Heisei and later era films but its been so long ,I barely remember them.

I'd love to see a real horror godzilla. Forget about the story go full on atmosphere, dread destruction and decay lol. I want to see people running away screaming, buildings collapsing on them, getting crushed under his feet. Nightmarish shots, suspense, a clear depiction of scale, a feeling of hopelessness, total apocalypse etc

Dreaming is allowed...

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: nanison on Sep 17, 2022, 08:51:00 PMHey godzilla fans I was wondering apart from the original one and shin in what other films is Godzilla depicted as a scary monster? I've seen the Heisei and later era films but its been so long ,I barely remember them.

I'd love to see a real horror godzilla. Forget about the story go full on atmosphere, dread destruction and decay lol. I want to see people running away screaming, buildings collapsing on them, getting crushed under his feet. Nightmarish shots, suspense, a clear depiction of scale, a feeling of hopelessness, total apocalypse etc

Dreaming is allowed...

While there's no real topping the original and Shin in these terms, Giant Monsters All Out Attack does a pretty good job of making Godzilla a pretty scary antagonist again. It doesn't really have the dreaded and hopeless atmosphere so much, but it checks some of those other boxes. And Godzilla is a genuinely pretty scary destructive force in it. It's also just one of the best films in the entire series imo!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed