What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,265 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Canon war relics...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 02, 2020, 10:01:19 PM
Can you do the same with all your non-canon Alien media as well?

Don't go there.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well if it's non canon stuff, the list would have 0 items in it ;D

Prince Vegeta

Prince Vegeta

I've started re-reading my Harry Potter books. I'm reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Just finished Ship of Fools and although I liked it, I went into it under the pretense of it being a great sci-if/horror book and yes it did have some of those things, but I was expecting more I guess..?..

I'm on the lookout for some really dark and gritty s I-fi horror novels so any and all recommendations would be helpful!

Stitch

Stitch

Currently Spider-Man: Hostile Takeover, the prequel to the PS4 game. I'm about 1/4 through and it's not bad so far.

Next up will be Spiral by Koji Suzuki. I just finished Ring, which is awesome, and I have the first three books of the series to read.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I finished listening to The Egyptian. Overall an excellent, if incredibly bleak story. You could kind of tell going into the second half where the translation dropped some stuff, too. I've begun listening to The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester. An intriguing premise, to be sure.

Physical copy wise I'm rereading The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub.

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 05, 2021, 06:55:17 PM
Next up will be Spiral by Koji Suzuki. I just finished Ring, which is awesome, and I have the first three books of the series to read.

Oh boy, you're in for some insanity, to say the least.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Finished Devolution...
What an intriguing book and I'm happy that I wasn't bored with the notion of Bigfoot/Sasquatch. The author gave just enough information about possibilities of the animals migration and why exactly they might have travelled over to the North Americas.

The characters were nicely developed and I enjoyed Katie and Dan's relationship and growth throughout! Mostar is such a great character and once again, I'm happy the author didn't delve too much into her past and made enough subtle hints for us, the reader, to figure out!

I'm not use to Brooks' type of style regarding writing, so it took me a little to get into the groove. I hadn't read his previous WWZ book although I might after this.

Overall a great, fun and easy read!

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Divergent series by Veronica Roth.

Honestly the movie was a bit boring, however I found the first book in a thrift store and gave it a read.  Three books in and the series itself is an excellent read! 

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 05, 2021, 10:04:59 PM

Well, I've already seen Rasen, which I believe is fairly true to the source material, so I have a decent idea of where the story goes. Is Loop the insane one?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 12, 2021, 11:19:42 PM

Well, I've already seen Rasen, which I believe is fairly true to the source material, so I have a decent idea of where the story goes. Is Loop the insane one?

Rasen follows the book up to a point. Loop basically rewrites the rules of the series, I'm trying not to give away too much.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Finished Blood Meridian...

...that was a book alright. It was great at some points and absolutely maddening to read at others. I read The Road before so I was familiar with McCarthy's writing style but nothing could've prepared me for this book in how it was layed out and written.

I've maybe read two other "western" style books but I don't think I've ever come across a movie, book, tv show or even music, that's as western as this. It took me about 100 pages to finally start "getting it".

The characters, like the landscapes in the book are just there, which I'm fine with. What kinda threw me off was it was supposed to be told from The Kids interaction with the The Judge and others, but he just fell out of story for at least half the book before McCarthy brings him back in...Maybe change the synopsis to something other than what's on the back of the book.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it as I feel you absolutely gotta be in a particular mindset to read it. It's definitely not bad, but I did prefer The Road.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Dracula

Interesting structure, I like how it's told through journals and stuff

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Song of Kali by Dan Simmons

Effectively creepy and moody, with some good shocking moments.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 12, 2021, 11:26:33 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Jan 12, 2021, 11:19:42 PM

Rasen follows the book up to a point. Loop basically rewrites the rules of the series, I'm trying not to give away too much.
OK cool.  Thanks. I will get onto that soon, then. Got sidetracked by my delivery of the Blade Runner sequel novels.
Quote from: Deathbearer on Jan 15, 2021, 11:15:56 PM
Dracula

Interesting structure, I like how it's told through journals and stuff
I love Dracula. It's a great book. I have copies of the Icelandic adaptation, and the expanded 'director's cut' version co-authored after the fact, as well as the drafts, and the sequels/prequels penned by Dave Stoker.
There's an English translation of the Swedish version being released next year, which is apparently the full version of the expanded Icelandic one. Can't wait for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed