What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,254 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just finished Doctor Sleep, by Stephen King. Interesting enough, though far from King's greatest work.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 08, 2019, 04:28:03 AM
I just finished Doctor Sleep, by Stephen King. Interesting enough, though far from King's greatest work.

Yeah, apparently they're filming a movie. Curious to see if it will actually be the sequel to Kubrick's Shining.   

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 09, 2019, 04:13:51 PMYeah, apparently they're filming a movie. Curious to see if it will actually be the sequel to Kubrick's Shining.

With Ewan McGregor and Rebecca Ferguson. I'm very much looking forward to that one.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Last book I read was Aliens: Alien Harvest and now I'm onto Dune. Some unintentional similarities between these books.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Waiting for my new modem over the weekend I read

- The Annihilation Score, Charles Stross
- Annihilation, Jeff VanderMeer
- For the Emperor, Sandy Mitchell
- Caves of Ice, Sandy Mitchell

So three comedic but ultra-violent books and one melancholy sci-fi introspection.

Stitch

Stitch

I just finished the novelisation of Terminator 2, and I'm now partway through the first book of T2 The New John Connor Chronicles.

Will probably finish these and then read the T2 trilogy.

It's just prep for Dark Fate. Let's see if they're better than it will be...

SM

SM

Alien Isolation.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

You tease.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 09, 2019, 07:26:35 PM

How'd you like this? Haven't read the book but the movie was one of my favorites last year.

The Old One

The Old One

The book's a part of a trilogy, the film adapts the whole trilogy.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 10, 2019, 11:28:53 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 09, 2019, 07:26:35 PM

How'd you like this? Haven't read the book but the movie was one of my favorites last year.

The first book is fantastic, one of the most bizarre reads I've ever experienced

The Haunting of Hill House, Shirley Jackson

Pet Semetary, Stephen King

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I REALLY liked it actually. Quite different to the film but you can see the origins of stuff. Eager to read the other two books in the trilogy but i've heard mixed things about those.

Stitch

Wweyland

Wweyland

Finished Aliens: Criminal Enterprise. Thought it was pretty good and one of the better DH Press novels.
Now reading Aliens: No Exit.

Huggs

Huggs

Alien: The Archive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed