What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,227 times)

First Blood

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 13, 2019, 05:02:08 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 13, 2019, 01:10:15 AM
If Scott had trouble making Blood Meridian thanks to the violence, then this would have that problem magnified by ten. And I'm not really sold on Drew Goddard doing the script.

Cormac's book is much more savage that Wraiths. It's literally hell on earth. If Tarantino could make Kill Bill then I don't see a problem about Scott adapting Zahler's novel. Drew Goddard did a great job with The Martian. I don't read scripts so what's wrong with his writing. You don't like it or maybe it's not suitable for Western?

I like Goddard's writing, I just dunno if he can handle the dark tone.

Ingwar

Ingwar

He's got great source material. Besides, Scott can handle the dark tone ;)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Finished Aliens: Cauldron. One great moment of gore (Aliens playing a guy like a flute to lure others) but otherwise boring.
Why introduce us to the first ship when they totally shift focus later and everyone is forgotten.
Started with Steel Egg and it seems interesting from the "First First Contact" perspective.

The Old One

The Old One

Of Beren and LĂșthien.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 13, 2019, 10:02:25 PM
He's got great source material. Besides, Scott can handle the dark tone ;)

I had forgotten that Goddard wrote some of Daredevil Season 1, so I change my mind slightly about the tone. And I change my mind about the Blood Meridian comparison, too. Wraiths was looking like it might go that far for a lot of the first half, but ultimately didn't, especially once Catacumbas is left behind.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

I've been on a sci fi binge since Christmas

The Lost Fleet: Dauntless by Jack Campbell

The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers

Sleeping Giants and Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel

Currently reading Leviathan Wakes by James S.A Corey.  The first book in the Expanse Series

Huggs

Huggs

Started the official movie novelization of the predator. Made it five pages in and had to quit . It's the first time I've ever had to put a book down that fast. What kind of junior high writing is this?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've started Corpus Chrome, Inc. by S. Craig Zahler, and it's definitely a change of pace from his westerns. A totally whacked out vision of the future.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 20, 2019, 10:49:52 PM
Started the official movie novelization of the predator. Made it five pages in and had to quit . It's the first time I've ever had to put a book down that fast. What kind of junior high writing is this?

I have been trying to finish that one for a while.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 28, 2019, 11:48:42 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 20, 2019, 10:49:52 PM

I have been trying to finish that one for a while.

I was counting on it to salvage the experience for me.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 28, 2019, 09:55:58 PM
I've started Corpus Chrome, Inc. by S. Craig Zahler, and it's definitely a change of pace from his westerns. A totally whacked out vision of the future.

It's on my list. You should read his Hug Chickenpenny: The Panegyric of an Anomalous Child which he's going to direct soon.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading Aliens: Tribes. Says on the cover that it's the first in a series of new graphic novels in the same format. Seems like that didn't happen.

The Old One

The Old One

Alright concept, Beautiful illustrations though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 01, 2019, 10:51:53 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 28, 2019, 09:55:58 PM

It's on my list. You should read his Hug Chickenpenny: The Panegyric of an Anomalous Child which he's going to direct soon.

I have that and Mean Business on North Ganson Street in the pile.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed