What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,252 times)

Wysps

Wysps

I'm reading a Faerie Magazine (Outlander issue), and made my first bannock today from one of the recipes that was provided inside.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 24, 2018, 10:27:47 PMOn film the bear attack is a real kodiak moment... I'll see myself out. XD

Lol.

I've got the film too, but like I said I wanted to do the book first.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading Alien 3 by ADF. The profanities are back and the book is quite good (although slow like the movie).

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That starts of brilliantly, but you can really tell he'd lost interest by the end.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Hudafuk, from the recent Aliens releases, which one do you find best?

I've pre-ordered every new TPB but don't think I can wait that long. About to order all the available issues for Dust to Dust, Gibson's A3, Resistance?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Dec 30, 2018, 05:53:01 PMHudafuk, from the recent Aliens releases, which one do you find best?

Books or comics? I'm not really into comics, the only recent ones I own are Defiance (which I thought started really well, but seemed to go off the boil partway through and wound up leaving me really dissatisfied) and the Gibson adaptation (which I'm enjoying a lot).

As for the novels, by far the best of the recent ones (or indeed any of the Alien books) is Alex White's The Cold Forge. I also really enjoyed Tim Lebbon's Rage War trilogy.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Cool, ok thought you were buying all the comics now lol.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 30, 2018, 05:04:56 PM
That starts of brilliantly, but you can really tell he'd lost interest by the end.
Yeah, it moves very fast in the end. Would say that the Alien novelization is the best.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Dec 30, 2018, 09:50:48 PMCool, ok thought you were buying all the comics now lol.

Ha, it's on my to-do list, not made a start yet though.

Quote from: Wweyland on Dec 31, 2018, 08:55:44 AMWould say that the Alien novelization is the best.

I'd probably agree, although ironically I really enjoyed Resurrection because, out of the four, I think it did the best job of expanding on the film in a beneficial way.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Now reading The Complete Predator Omnibus (which is not really complete as it's missing the DH Press novels). Concrete Jungle started fun.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I recently finished Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Harari. Time for another one.

SM

SM

Archie vs. Predator.  Great fun.

Vermillion

Vermillion

I have the original 1988 Aliens comics. But still this is a must.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Are those the unedited versions? I have the short omnibus with the name changes.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Yeah. It's newt and Hicks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed