What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,252 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading Predator Omnibus: Volume 3. Now I know what Bad Blood is about and where these Necas figures came from.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hollywood Gothic: The Tangled Web of Dracula from Novel to Stage to Screen, by David J. Skal

Very good so far, even if I think Skal could have spent a bit more time on the making of Nosferatu, instead of giving the majority of that chapter to the legal battles. And I always roll my eyes at how critics love to apply overdone sexual readings of the original novel.

Stitch

Stitch

I finished Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse 5 a couple of days ago, and started We Can Build you by Philip K Dick a few hours ago. I'm interested to see how close the link is to Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Making Movies by the late Sidney Lumet.

Great book, very informative, no double-talk, very straight forward, and a lot of anecdotes on actors, movie sets etc...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Has anyone here read Mortal Engine? I think Peter Jackson has adapted it into a film. Wondering what people's opinions are here.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Now reading the final Predator Omnibus. Nemesis was a good idea for a story and it's basically a crossover with Sherlock Holmes (although he is not present himself).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love seeing them play with the timeframes for the Predator stories. He works well all over the place.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Not loving the fact that about 90% of the Predators in these stories get killed. There's one whos wounded by a bear and blows himself up because he is dishonored by it. But I guess it's being in line with the movies. The new movie could actually have a Predator that's not killed off.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's one of the things I love about If It Bleeds. They don't all die.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 03, 2018, 05:35:28 PM
That's one of the things I love about If It Bleeds. They don't all die.
That is good to hear. I am just about to read that.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Currently trying to finish up House of Leaves, I've had this book for a while now and bought it because Silent Hill was inspired by this story. I was a lot younger when I first purchased the book and didn't get into it so much for one reason or another. But I've recently picked this book back up and can't put it down. It's such a creepy and fantastically written haunted house story. I'm about halfway through it and get chills at how eerie it gets. Also that poor little Pekinese.  :'(

Wweyland

Wweyland

Now reading Predator: If It Bleeds. The Stonewall story was a nice piece of "history".

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 13, 2018, 11:05:55 PM
Now reading Predator: If It Bleeds. The Stonewall story was a nice piece of "history".

Bought this book the other day, looking forward to reading it!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's not a single story in that I disliked. It's a nice exploration of what you can do with the Predators.

Huggs

Huggs

Getting ready to wrap up "Hannibal" by Thomas Harris. Then I'm thinking about re-reading either "a night to remember" by Walter Lord or "Who goes there" by John Campbell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed