What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,232 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Still reading Medical Terminology and the ICD-10-CM and CPT books :P

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Rhoys Wiggins on Sep 13, 2017, 11:28:55 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 29, 2017, 07:48:44 AM
I've had IT for years but never got around to reading it. Was just such a fat book, looking at it. Is it easy to get into?

It's a great book! I re-read it before the new movie. Well, IT 2017 is one of the best King adaptations.

IT is a great read, it's always a good idea (IMHO) to read King's books before or after watching his movies since there is so much more depth in the books, they just can't capture all in a movie.  Happy they broke IT into two parts, there is just too much story for one film. 

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 04, 2017, 12:37:15 AM
Currently reading William Burroughs' Naked Lunch

Enjoy the trip!

Stitch

Stitch

Flow, My Tears, The Policeman Said by Philip K Dick was the last one I finished. Not started anything else yet.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Rocket Man: Elon Musk In His Own Words

Great read. Yes he wins, but these are hard wins.

Redmond

Redmond

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 28, 2017, 07:56:09 PM
Finished reading Rage by Stephen K--- er, Richard Bachman. It had some good qualities, but ultimately didn't work.

Agreed. It also reminds me Anthony Burgess's book Earthly Powers a bit.

Stitch

Stitch

Currently rereading House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski. I borrowed it from the library ages ago and finally got myself a copy.
Brilliant book, I highly recommend it!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Picked up and started reading Artemis yesterday. Couple of chapters in and I'm digging it.

PierreVW

PierreVW

I'm reading THE CARTEL by Don Winslow. It's a great book but very complex. It demands a long movie. At least, 2 hours and 30 minutes.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've started The Great God Pan, by Arthur Machen.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2017, 10:23:49 AM
Picked up and started reading Artemis yesterday. Couple of chapters in and I'm digging it.

And finished! Enjoyable, easy read, much in the same vein as The Martian. I wouldn't say it was as good as the Martian but I still thoroughly enjoyed it enough to blast through it.

BlackMatter169

BlackMatter169

Currently reading Larry Correia's Monster Hunter Vendetta, the second book in his Monster Hunter series. Fun read, very good action.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 18, 2017, 04:43:27 PM

And finished! Enjoyable, easy read, much in the same vein as The Martian. I wouldn't say it was as good as the Martian but I still thoroughly enjoyed it enough to blast through it.

I read a negative review about Artemis. The critic said it was worse than The Martian. But the setting is great. So, it could work as a blockbuster.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Currently listening to the Alien 1979 Audio Book, good so far. Currently reading Earth Hive as part of the Book Omnibus, up to chapter 13.

Have read or listened to the audio books for:
Alien 1979 original Story by Dan O'Bannon
Alien 3 Scripts
Prometheus Scripts
Alien: Covenant Script
Alien: Covenant Novelisation
Dead Orbit #1+#2
Fire & Stone

I just spent about $150 on Kindle buying comics and books recently so I have a bunch to read while flying back and forth this Xmas.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: PierreVW on Nov 18, 2017, 08:49:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 18, 2017, 04:43:27 PM

I read a negative review about Artemis. The critic said it was worse than The Martian. But the setting is great. So, it could work as a blockbuster.

That bad huh?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed