Halo (Read 737,028 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Saweet.  ;D

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

To add to that, it has been confirmed that Halo Reach will be coming to the MCC collection as well!

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/12/18262421/halo-reach-master-chief-collection-xbox-one

The Old One

The Old One

Finally!
The PC version's releasing each videogame one by one; Reach,
CE, 2, 3, 4.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

I know. This is epic beyond words. Now, if we can just get some footage for Halo: Infinite......

The Old One

The Old One

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I bet 343 will just keep enhancing it for whatever platform it's running on.  Console players who get the next generation Xbox may just keep playing this MCC for years to come.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That suits me fine. Keep releasing new titles, keep remastering the old ones.

Master Chief

Master Chief

:laugh:

Glad to hear that Reach will be joining the MCC later this year!  8)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Hell, the MCC already supports 4k HDR @ 60fps.  That should future-proof it for a while.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

I am curious to know where the franchise will go after Infinite. While I am sure that this has been brought up on this thread by someone beforehand, an adaptation of the Forerunner saga would be fantastic. They already adapted the Fall Of Reach into Halo Reach. It would be perfectly sensible to have have a new trilogy where you get to play as a Forerunner. It would inject new gameplay mechanics especially if you got to play as the Didact.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Franchise will go full shlooter.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 13, 2019, 07:12:00 PM
Franchise will go full shlooter.

I hope not, but I would not be surprised.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

New novel. Halo: Oblivion

QuoteWe've started talking about lore, which means Grim has something to say!

Thanks, Uny – and hi everyone else! Man, it feels like just last week we were poring over the latest Canon Fodder to dissect details derived from some of our latest fiction fountains. This week, however, were looking a bit further ahead. Last year, fiction fans all over the globe were treated to an awesome old-school adventure – particularly if you find Blue Team beloved – as our favorite extended-universe icons took the early days of the Covenant War by storm. Silent Storm to be specific. The Troy Denning-penned novel by the same name gave us a new look at the Spartan-II program, and the harrowing scenarios they constantly found themselves in to try and give humanity a fighting chance. If you haven't checked out Halo: Silent Storm yet, you owe it to yourself to do so. It's already available in hardcover, but if you prefer paperback (or, like me, just want something that maintains a consistent size on your shelf), then you'll be happy to know that it will be available later this summer.

So why am I telling you to make sure you check out Silent Storm? Because today we're excited to announce its sequel, Halo: Oblivion. Troy Denning has put together another fantastic journey for you to go on, but instead of me just yapping, let's take a look at the official description:

2526. It has been more than a year since humanity first encountered the hostile military alliance of alien races known as the Covenant, and several weeks after the United Nations Space Command's devastating counterattack of Operation: SILENT STORM was deemed an overwhelming success. The UNSC has put its faith in the hands of the Spartans, led by the legendary Master Chief, John-117: enhanced super-soldiers raised and trained from childhood via a clandestine black ops project to be living weapons.

But the Covenant—enraged and fearful of their enemy's unexpected strategies and prowess—is not taking its recent defeat lightly, and is now fully determined to eradicate humanity from existence, brutally overrunning the ill-fated planets of the Outer Colonies faster than retreats can be ordered.

If the UNSC has any chance of stemming the tide of the war, the Master Chief and Blue Team must drop onto an empty, hellish world in order to capture a disabled Covenant frigate filled with valuable technology. It has all the makings of a trap, but the bait is far too tempting to ignore—and this tantalizing prize is being offered by a disgraced and vengeful Covenant fleetmaster, whose sole opportunity for redemption lies in extinguishing humanity's only hope of survival....

Let's. GO. Hopefully, you are excited as I am about the upcoming tale as I am – and if not, that's okay, nobody's perfect. Halo: Oblivion is slated to drop later this year on Sept 24. Hope you're ready – I know Uny is! Speaking of which...

Thanks, Grim! I've enjoyed all of Troy Denning's Halo novels, so I'm really looking forward to his next story about the Chief's heroic adventures with Blue Team.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/spring-seasonings

The Old One

The Old One

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed