Why bother surgically extracting the queen from Ripley 8 in AR?

Started by Local Trouble, Mar 15, 2019, 01:55:02 AM

Author
Why bother surgically extracting the queen from Ripley 8 in AR? (Read 3,809 times)

SM

The Alien accesses the hosts DNA and obviously leaves something behind.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 15, 2019, 02:13:38 AM
I could say that in a natural birth the chestburster is more violent and difficulty to capture without harming it, while removing before its fully developed makes it easier to control it. But then there are the colonists, which they choose to not have that procedure. Now I don't see why the couldn't do the same procedure with them, unless the doctors were just too lazy to remove them like that or Wren wanted to see the aliens get born normally because muh evil scientist. But also there was no need for them to resort to hiring pirates to kidnap colonists in the first place, unless all animals are gone for some reason, they could have just used those instead, much cheaper and easier to get.

I tended to lean towards this kind of thinking but you're following point is perfectly valid. Perhaps they just wanted to get the Queen out as soon as she was viable. Perhaps they were waiting with Ripley 7 and the Queen failed before birth? The scar could just have been them removing the Queen's corpse.

SM

More than likely.

And considering what the original Ripley did to stop the Alien being born, they'd be taking no chances.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 15, 2019, 01:55:02 AMwhy didn't the USM just toss Ripley 8 into the queen's future containment cell and let nature take its course?

They also could have restrained her and/or kept her sedated versus performing a risky surgical procedure.

SM

Looked about as risky as a caesarean.

Local Trouble

I'm no OBGYN, but the performances by the actors in that scene made it seem a touch more delicate than a routine C-section.

SM

Of course.  It's a dangerous organism.  Hence it being done with Ripley isolated.  The procedure itself was pretty straightforward however.

Local Trouble

Any thoughts on why Ripley's blood didn't melt their surgical instruments?

SM

Preparation, higher pH and acid resistant metals.

Local Trouble

Too bad they didn't think to similarly prepare the containment cells.

Huggs

Voodoo Magic

Alien Resurrection should come free with every bottle of gin.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 16, 2019, 04:07:35 AM
Too bad they didn't think to similarly prepare the containment cells.

Because of course a couple of millilitres is the same as several litres.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 15, 2019, 06:59:07 AM
I'm still trying to understand how they cloned her to grow with the queen embryo already in there. Even with samples, that's jumping a pretty big shark.

There is some debate over how exactly the Alien gestates with it being an embryo that parasitically grows off the host, or the facehugger deposits something that forces the body to create it. I wouldn't know what the answer is because the films never addressed whether it's some form of space cancer or if the Alien really just JO's down somebodie's throat.

I think with Alien: Resurrection, we can assume it's that the Facehugger deposits something that will generate the Chestburster and the various clones are the attempts to separate the two DNA strands.

Otherwise I'd assume that they picked up some Alien from the Ripley samples and seeing as a possible lack of Alien to work with that they have to figure out how to generate a chestburster without a Queen, Egg, or Facehugger. And so the Alien just has to be grown at the chestburster stage already in Ripley because we know its a two-part process. Might as well clone Ripley as well because to get that Chestburster we already need an infected host and Ripley was the last available body.

Now of course the real world answer is that Ripley was hosting one when she died so that's just there at the opening of Resurrection, but that's my no-prize answer otherwise.

judge death

I always seen it like this:
The facehugger puts the host to sleep with some chemical substance as soon as it hatches onto the hosts face, the tail wraps around the neck to avoid that the hosts manage to put it off and also hinder someone to try and remove it once it has hatched on.
It deposits some kind of substance that connect to the host and mixes its own dna with the hosts dna and creates an embryo that has human dna in this case. That is why the human immune system dont react and kill the alien substance/embryo but takes it for being human and supply it with energy and blood etc so it can go on growing. Once the embryo has been created and the host body has accepted it, the facehugger leaves and goes off somewhere and dies as it has no more purpose in life to do.
Would say human body just give the embryo dna and the strength of the hosts and gives it what it needs to grow to mature chestburster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed