Why did the Xeno Kill Wierzbowski and Ferro?

Started by TheGreatSpoondini, Apr 26, 2018, 12:04:21 PM

Author
Why did the Xeno Kill Wierzbowski and Ferro? (Read 10,867 times)

Local Trouble

Here we go again.

whiterabbit

wow, didn't even think there was any question that Wierzbowski was taken alive and glued to the wall to be facehugged. Any who. I bet the alien that nearly got Hick's was Wierzbowski's son.

Scorpio

I don't understand why anyone would think that.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2018, 07:17:58 AM
If he was dragged away alive he'd be cocooned like the others. Aliens don't take people away to kill, they take them away to breed.

They drag them away and kill them sometimes, like with Andrews, who was grabbed and pulled up into the vents and then killed. 

But mostly they kill on sight, but it's not unheard of that they take them away to kill them, as it happened with both Andrews and Weirzbowski.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 27, 2018, 07:18:06 AM
Here we go again.

Are you actually going to contribute or just sit on the sidelines and take potshots?

whiterabbit

Alright I'll just say it, I don't think Wierzbowski could put up much of a fight to be honest. I mean it is what it is. He's baby xeno fodder.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 27, 2018, 07:34:36 AM
Are you actually going to contribute or just sit on the sidelines and take potshots?

I can walk and chew bubblegum.

Why would they kill Ski, but not Dietrich and Apone?

SiL

SiL

They drag them away and kill them sometimes, like with Andrews, who was grabbed and pulled up into the vents and then killed. 
He was killed on the spot. The Alien just lifted him up to its mouth. It didn't drag him off it a completely different location to kill him, evidenced by all the blood immediately coming out of the vent.

Quoteas it happened with both Andrews and Weirzbowski.
...no, you can't use your hypothesis to prove your hypothesis. You can't claim 'bowski was killed with no evidence, then use the "fact" he was killed as proof that he was killed. That's not how arguments work.

TheGreatSpoondini

"Why would they kill Ski, but not Dietrich and Apone?"

That's exactly what im trying to get at!!! I am glad someone is getting it ahahah Same goes with Ferro and possibly Spunk... why take some but not all. You cant stay he was a threat because no gunfire was going on at the time, he had no weapon to use. If you can even make the argument that the xeno made threat assessments like that....

Local Trouble

TheGreatSpoondini

ahahahahahah

The Cruentus

Quote from: TheGreatSpoondini on Apr 27, 2018, 10:31:15 AM

"Why would they kill Ski, but not Dietrich and Apone?"

That's exactly what im trying to get at!!! I am glad someone is getting it ahahah Same goes with Ferro and possibly Spunk... why take some but not all. You cant stay he was a threat because no gunfire was going on at the time, he had no weapon to use. If you can even make the argument that the xeno made threat assessments like that....

Maybe it was due to a lack of opportunity? Spunkmeyer may have just been knocked out and left on the floor for now, and the Xeno may have planned to do the same with Ferro, but once she took off, it had no where to take them for implantation, so it just killed a potential threat instread. Of course this if the creature was aware that it was in a flying object and had no way getting back.

Also if it was being deliberate, then it may just have been intentionally sacrificed itself to make sure no one escaped but that depends if you consider them intelligent enough to do that.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2018, 07:59:51 AM
He was killed on the spot. The Alien just lifted him up to its mouth. It didn't drag him off it a completely different location to kill him, evidenced by all the blood immediately coming out of the vent.

If you freeze frame it you can definitely see hands grabbing him, and there's no blood till he is taken up into the vents.

If there is blood before that you're going to have to provide proof because I cannot see any evidence of that, I just watched it again:

Address these points if you think "he was killed on the spot":

*Why no blood then?
*Why is Andrews still screaming while being hoisted up?
*Why he didn't drop his little stress ball or whatever it was straight away if he was killed instantly?

Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't get it.

Quoteas it happened with both Andrews and Weirzbowski.
...no, you can't use your hypothesis to prove your hypothesis. You can't claim 'bowski was killed with no evidence, then use the "fact" he was killed as proof that he was killed. That's not how arguments work.

Ok, good point, he may not have been killed until later, it's wrong to assume he was killed right then and there, just because you saw his screen from his helmet cam go out.  It went out for Apone and he was still alive.  So Weirzbowski might have been alive as well.  All we know is that he was dead by the time Hudson checks the life signs monitors, and sees that only the Sarge and Dietrich are still alive.

(Which begs the question, Dietrich was taken first and is still alive.  Weirzbowski was taken after Dietrich.  So why is Weirzbowski still not alive if he was cocooned like the others?  Why does it take so long for Dietrich?)

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 27, 2018, 07:56:54 AM

Why would they kill Ski, but not Dietrich and Apone?

Because aliens kill almost everything they see.  Someone who has the time could probably go through all the films and do a kill/cocoon ratio.  I'll do one for the first film:

Brett - kill
Dallas - cocooned
Parker - kill
Lambert - kill

Ratio cocooned:killed = 1:4 OR ratio killed:cocooned = 3:4. 

Aliens kill 75% of their victims, as evidenced by the first film.

SM

QuoteIf you freeze frame it you can definitely see hands grabbing him, and there's no blood till he is taken up into the vents.

That's what SiL said.  There's no need to freeze frame it.
"The Alien just lifted him up to its mouth."

That's not dragged away and killed; it's killed on the spot.

whiterabbit

Sometimes you feel like a kill and sometimes not?

So if the alien outright kills you what does that make you. An almond joy or a mounds?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 27, 2018, 08:28:05 PM
Aliens kill 75% of their victims, as evidenced by the first film.

What about when you account for all the PDTs at the AP?

SiL

The third Alien kills 100% of its victims.

It's almost like it changes depending on circumstances.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed