Why did the DOG ALIEN not have Tubes on its back?

Started by samoht, Feb 13, 2011, 12:43:18 AM

Author
Why did the DOG ALIEN not have Tubes on its back? (Read 13,312 times)

SM

When did he say this?

He didn't even like them and therefore left them off his Ailen3 design.  As far I've heard he said they were to balance the big head.

xenophobe

xenophobe

It's common knowledge I do distinctly remember him referring to them as breathing tubes in his trademark
creepy European accent in a documentary maybe someone can post a link.
In reality they probably are a design element to balance out the head.

SM

SM

Maybe you could post a link to this quote.

(What does a "European" accent sound like exactly?  :D )

Xhan

He can't, because it doesn't exist.

Peakius Baragonius

He referred to it in the notes he made on the original design and what he disliked about it as a companion piece to his sketches of the Pumalien design.

xenophobe

xenophobe

Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Feb 28, 2011, 06:10:53 AM
He referred to it in the notes he made on the original design and what he disliked about it as a companion piece to his sketches of the Pumalien design.

Thanks dude,I'm certain he's referred to them as breathing tubes

SM

Reference and quotes sil vous plait.

xenophobe

xenophobe

If I could oblige I would that's why I asked if anyone else could help,I'm genuinely
surprised you haven't heard of this before

Bad Replicant

Are these the notes you're talking about?

SM

If so - nothing about breathing.  Quite the opposite.

Quote from: xenophobe on Mar 02, 2011, 10:02:11 PM
If I could oblige I would that's why I asked if anyone else could help,I'm genuinely
surprised you haven't heard of this before

I've heard about it for a very long time - but never from Giger or anyone connected to the films.  Just fans.

Valaquen

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Mar 02, 2011, 10:05:54 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oLPxM7_4Cf0/TIdwwaeQLGI/AAAAAAAAA6M/oOBDWXfGRh8/s320/picture027
Sure that's my screenshot? Says 'Useless pipes only made to give help to the long head.' Never heard a thing about using them to breathe, either.

Bad Replicant

It is, shoulda mentioned that I guess. First place I could think to find it. 

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 03, 2011, 08:03:51 AM
Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Mar 02, 2011, 10:05:54 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oLPxM7_4Cf0/TIdwwaeQLGI/AAAAAAAAA6M/oOBDWXfGRh8/s320/picture027
Sure that's my screenshot? Says 'Useless pipes only made to give help to the long head.' Never heard a thing about using them to breathe, either.

Ah. I'd meant to say that the exact description was on the notes, not that said description identified them as breathing tubes.

Oh, that we would see the Pumalien on film one day....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed