Why did Call think she was disgusting?

Started by gameoverman, Sep 16, 2008, 05:56:14 AM

Author
Why did Call think she was disgusting? (Read 5,056 times)

SM

SM

Yeah.  Call's a bit of an enigma when trying to apply the laws.  They don't fit without really strecthing things.

SiL

SiL

I always put it down to the fact she had a gaping hole in her chest, which kind'a highlighted the whole underlying "I look human but am not" thing.

Also, she was leaking jizz out her chest. What's not disgusting about that?

SM

SM

In the House of the Lord no less.

Ripley shoulda used some as hair gel.

SiL

SiL

And lo, intertextuality taken to its logical conclusion.

Xhan

fahv-ray.

Nobody

This might sound weird but I think WY before they went Bankrupt had more Bishop models made,and one of them realized the problem of this and devoted an entire legion of Androids and synthetics to sabotage the company

SM

SM

You're right.  It does sound weird.

Undeadite

Too bad people don't like Call for Ryder's sake, because as a character I find her fascinating. Shes the most human crew member of the Betty, and for her that's saying something. I think she hates herself because no matter how hard she tries, she never will be what she has been programmed to put above herself, and the beings she is forced to protect can never truly appreciate her efforts.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Undeadite on Sep 17, 2008, 03:14:22 AM
Too bad people don't like Call for Ryder's sake, because as a character I find her fascinating.

I don't have a problem with Call or Ryder.

Undeadite

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=19402.0

You may not, but not everyone shares your opinion.

Uncanny Antman

I never claimed they did.  That thread doesn't really say much though, other than several people thought she could have been better.

That, and Huol thinks she is "hawt".

Undeadite

It was just the first example I could think of (and i only remembered it because of Huol  :D).

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Necronoir on Sep 16, 2008, 09:02:31 AM
It's only logical that an entity created with the sole intention of preserving human life would consequently have a very low opinion of its own, non-human existence.

Why would a machine even have an opinion, let alone one of low self-esteem, hmm? :)

Besides which, the majority of mothers have the natural instinct to preserve their offspring, no matter the cost, but that doesn't mean to say they're all wandering around in suicidal depression.

Master

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Sep 17, 2008, 03:21:37 AM
Quote from: Undeadite on Sep 17, 2008, 03:14:22 AM
Too bad people don't like Call for Ryder's sake, because as a character I find her fascinating.

I don't have a problem with Call or Ryder.
I don`t like Ryder but have no problem with Call.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 17, 2008, 02:57:19 PM
Why would a machine even have an opinion, let alone one of low self-esteem, hmm? :)

Because she is self-aware.  It's not much different to Bishop's PC preference of being referred to as an artifical person.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed