Why Alien 5 Will Need A Miracle!

Started by Blitzx, Jun 16, 2008, 02:06:06 PM

Author
Why Alien 5 Will Need A Miracle! (Read 4,577 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SM on Jun 16, 2008, 11:05:04 PM
Past caring.  There are four Alien films I like to watch.  Don't care either way if they make another one or not.

And thats a shame isn't it?  Slowly I've come to the same conclusion.  If all their going to do is release half assed shit, then who cares?

SM

SM

QuoteAnd thats a shame isn't it?

Not really.  Everything has to end sometime.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

But not the way it did.  Slowly degenerating into juvenile bullshit lacking any of what made its early existance special.

SM

SM

As far as I'm concerned it ended with Alien Resurrection.  And that's fine by me.  Sure it doesn't live up to Alien or Aliens, but neither did Alien3, and I liked that just the same.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: SM on Jun 17, 2008, 04:36:43 AM

Exactly, its better to have things end while they're still good, rather than milk 'em to the point where people are screaming for it to end.

Blitzx

Blitzx

Good point. I think that if they do make another one, they should try to do that New Nightmare thing you guys are on about. I like the idea of going somewhere new with the franchise without dumping on the originals.
In which case, it doesn't need to be a Ripley film, just don't make it about characters you don't give a rats ass about like in AVP2 (who were gettin blown left, right and center). That and try to come up with a good story.
I hate about 98% of films nowadays plainly because they focus more on the effects n shit. I'd rather have a meaningful, suspenseful film without CG then CG with a craptastic plot any ten year-old can come up with.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 17, 2008, 07:22:15 AM

Exactly, its better to have things end while they're still good, rather than milk 'em to the point where people are screaming for it to end.

That is the thing though, I still think there is potential in the franchise, its just been wasted on quick cash and easy money making schemes.  Yes studio's need to turn profits, but I don't see how turning down Scott/Cameron collab makes any sense ever.  Both continual blockbuster producing directors with oscar worthy pedigree, both shunned in favor of Anderson.

I have a hard time believing that Scott/Cameron would not do significant justice to the earlier pictures.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 17, 2008, 08:26:40 PM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 17, 2008, 07:22:15 AM

That is the thing though, I still think there is potential in the franchise, its just been wasted on quick cash and easy money making schemes.  Yes studio's need to turn profits, but I don't see how turning down Scott/Cameron collab makes any sense ever.  Both continual blockbuster producing directors with oscar worthy pedigree, both shunned in favor of Anderson.

I have a hard time believing that Scott/Cameron would not do significant justice to the earlier pictures.

I agree with you. If it's their reputation their concerned about, they could easily make themselves look good by turning the franchise around.

Cromartie

Cromartie

a miracle? James Cameron more like

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cromartie on Jun 18, 2008, 01:11:50 PM
a miracle? James Cameron more like

That's one form of miracle.

Cromartie

Cromartie

too true Snake

Private Hudson

Cameron or Ridley is the only hope we have for an Alien 5, thats aslong as they don't let ADI tag along.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 18, 2008, 07:43:12 PM
Cameron or Ridley is the only hope we have for an Alien 5, thats aslong as they don't let ADI tag along.

And you think the chances of Stan Winston Studious working on them is any greater?

Private Hudson

Stan Winston and ADI aren't the only creature developers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed