Why Alien Resurrection isn't all that bad

Started by Kriszilla, Jan 20, 2008, 10:12:13 PM

Author
Why Alien Resurrection isn't all that bad (Read 6,121 times)

Kriszilla

Well the film seems to get a lot of abuse from fans along with the AvP films, personally I think it was good up to a certain point.

That point was when Ripley sees the queen about to give birth.

I'll say it plain and simple, the Newborn was a big festering turd of a creature, that made no sense whatsoever. It had more human traits than it shouldhave considering the fact it had nowhere to inherit the extra human DNA from as it's parent was far more alien than human.

The film had fairly okay characters, and the script wasn't bad. But the ending did not feature a climatic battle with an alien or the queen, instead it was a rather boring finish wherin the newborn was sucked through a crack in a window.

The newborn was my biggest gripe with this film. It had so many good things, and when I first watched it I was definiely enjoying it. Until the Newborn came into the picture.

I think that Alien Res is very good aside from creature design and the last part of the script. With a different ending it could have been the film that really made the alien franchise great again.

But some idiot at FOX greenlighted the script even though it included quite possibly the most disappointing ending ever.

maledoro

Firetnk

I personally think this movie destroyed the franchise because 1st off the company does not exist any more, they were bought by wall-mart. The new pulse rifle is a terrible design and is a disgrace to the old Rifle. They should never had brought Ripley back and most definitely not give her Alien traits. The military are the bad guys which I hate especially that the Colonial Marines were awesome. All the characters and dialoged are terrible. Also we can't forget are friend the Newborn that is the most stupid idea ever for a good franchise. These are just few points that I can think of right now. Oh yes France is blown away, the director destroys his own country. ;D

SM

QuoteI'll say it plain and simple, the Newborn was a big festering turd of a creature, that made no sense whatsoever. It had more human traits than it shouldhave considering the fact it had nowhere to inherit the extra human DNA from as it's parent was far more alien than human.

Yeah cos humans are born 8 feet tall, with big long heads, a massive jaw, acid blood and enough strength to smash a Queen's face off.

Eidotemit

I know I was...but I was born in Chernobyl   :(

Purebreedalien

I need to watch it again really.

Attack.no1

A:R and AVP are the worst out of the lot, the aliens look awful...and sound like monsters...just and awful awful film, i cant watch them with out feeling sick.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I watch it the first time in years (The past 3 or 4 years) and i still don't like it.

Predalien91

its better then Alien 3 and AVP

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: Predalien91 on Feb 23, 2008, 02:24:06 AM
its better then Alien 3

THAT, my friend, is your opinion.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think Alien 3 was a lot better IMO, Alien Resurrection was so boring and had a lame plot. I remember years ago i used to say "Alien Resurrection is better then Alien 3 because it had more action", i rejgert saying that lol  :-\.

The only thing like about Alien Resurrection was the CGI was good for it time and it the first R rated movie i saw at the movie theaters (I only saw 5 Minutes of it because i feel into sleep because i was too tried).

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I like both A:R and Alien 3 for different reasons but if A:R had been dubbed into French with English subtitles, I may well have liked it a whole lot more

hmm, I've just seen that the French version of the DVD does have French dubbing. Well, that would change Winona and her whining for sure

Alien 3 was directed by David Fincher and he's one of my favourite directors today and I can see perhaps the basic substance  of his Alien 3 movie film beneath all it's disjointed faults so I'm prepared to overlook them all including the shot before the alien enters the lead mould where you see it's a man in a suit standing on his leg attachments standing in the background. The cinematography was another great thing too. When I originally saw it at the cinema, I was bored by it because I wanted something more and the directors cut probably gave me a little more and the knowledge that there was always a way to bring back Ripley too, or at least, some sort of a Ripley.

Alien Resurrection was for me an ambient movie,  and if the cinematographer was allowed to hide the aliens mostly in shadow, it might have been better

PS.Sorry, I mean the alternate extended cut when I mean directors cut

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I didn't like Alien 3 at first, when i saw the directors cut i enjoy it.

gameoverman

gameoverman

People only say it sucks because 3 great movies came before it.  Well, it's been a long time since we've had that kind of sci-fi movie in the cinemas.

Imagine going to the cinema back in 1997 and seeing Starship Troopers, The Fifth Element, Alien Resurrection and Cube as NOW SHOWING. 

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

^I woun't say Alien 3 was great, a lot of people hated it back then. People saw Alien Resurrection because they thought Resurrection was a improvement.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed