Another shot of Weta's Fifield

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Aug 26, 2012, 11:31:40 PM

Author
Another shot of Weta's Fifield (Read 30,632 times)

acrediblesource

I think i know why they opted the scene out. His hands just never looked quite right. WTF is going on with those wrists buddy?
In the trailer in which this character can clearly be seen, I always thought something was f**ked up with them and they looked loopy and puppet like. To me it needed more work.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: SiL on Aug 27, 2012, 02:12:36 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 27, 2012, 02:07:29 AM
I didn't realize you didn't like the film.

I need to read back through some of your posts, I'd love to see exactly what you didn't like about it.
I liked the film.

But it's got problems. So very many problems.

Oh, I couldn't agree more.

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 27, 2012, 02:13:17 AM
I think i know why they opted the scene out. His hands just never looked quite right. WTF is going on with those wrists buddy?
In the trailer in which this character can clearly be seen, I always thought something was f**ked up with them and they looked loopy and puppet like. To me it needed more work.

It just has very thin wrists.  Which, actually, fit with the whole character...since he was tall with very elongated limbs.

It's a far sight better than Zombifield.

acrediblesource

So many problems that it only takes five or six times watching the Cam version to figure out right?

this. yours.   arabic subtitles.

I need to read back through some of your posts, I'd love to see exactly what you didn't like about it.
I liked the film.

Sabres21768

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 27, 2012, 02:14:59 AM
So many problems that it only takes five or six times watching the Cam version to figure out right?

this. yours.

I liked the film.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Is that an insult?

acrediblesource

no but your comment  towards the film holds no merit unless you....figure it out. Why don't you post a topic about it rather than post a this (middle finger to the film) and then leave.

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 27, 2012, 02:16:02 AM

this. yours.

I liked the film.

Is that an insult?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 27, 2012, 02:17:12 AM
no but your comment  towards the film holds no merit unless you....figure it out. Why don't you post a topic about it rather than post a this (middle finger to the film) and then leave.

this. yours.

I liked the film.

Is that an insult?

I didn't "give a middle finger to the film and walk away"...I'm still here.

And this definitely DOES NOT need another thread, there are plenty.

I know you like "artsy" stuff...but you should try being a bit less dramatic.

My comment is my opinion, and therefore it needs no other merit than what I give it.

I don't need to give it any more merit to make it reasonable to you...that would be ridiculous.

My opinion is just that...an opinion...you can take it or leave it...just like I do yours.

SM

SM

Someone liking the film while thinking it has problems = flipping it the middle finger?

How do people manage to cope with such black and white thinking...

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: SM on Aug 27, 2012, 02:22:38 AM
Someone liking the film while thinking it has problems = flipping it the middle finger?

How do people manage to cope with such black and white thinking...

Exactly.

I liked the film...but it has pacing, editing and logic problems.

EDIT:  Did Acrediblesource give me the "middle finger" and then leave?  :laugh:

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Its just that i don't understand why people could be down on this movie. I watched it alone lets just make that clear. And by the end it totally satified me as film goer.
If its logic, then clearly disgruntled people were wanting more of an explanation to a mystery that wasn't meant to be solved (hense its a mythology)  or motives or emotions of the characters which to me, if the character left out a major development flaw it would be noted quite clearly. Remeber the spinning top in Inception? Well clearly if there were we'd have threads on it in the Prometheus forum which would be the clear mark of every freakin review out there (which there aren't).

I mean, if i weren't in the forums watching people bicker about their fustrations of 'not getting it' , I would have just read reviews ( only from reputable film sites), and not one of them took aim at any such flaws you speak of.
Pacing it seemed to me, worked well. Nothing glaringly obvious. I mean there wasn't a half hour of nothing.
And about this matter of pacing, the search for life on other planets (which consituted the first 15 minutes of the film) is not NOTHING. Its something that most people find intriguing.

Base your opinions on something, theres no shame in 'not getting it' if you don't understand planet finding, or ancient civilisations, or why someone would be overly exicited about lifeforms.

or you can just say 'I hate white people and think all of them are trash, thats just my opinion" and we'll end this discussion at that.

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 27, 2012, 02:20:20 AM

this. yours.

I liked the film.

Is that an insult?

My comment is my opinion, and therefore it needs no other merit than what I give it.

I don't need to give it any more merit to make it reasonable to you...that would be ridiculous.

My opinion is just that...an opinion...you can take it or leave it...just like I do yours.

SM

SM

QuoteIf its logic, then clearly disgruntled people were wanting more of an explanation to a mystery that wasn't meant to be solved

No, that's just lazy writing.  Not necessarily saying that's the case in Prometheus, but if you're going to pose questions and not provide answers, then you need to steer the audience towards possible answers, and let them work it out (or shoot two films back to back and chuck a big 'TO BE CONTINUED' on the end).  If people believe this to be the case with Prometheus - fair enough.  Personally I need to watch it afew more times to work out if that's valid.

QuoteBase your opinions on something

Many people do precisely that.

QuotePacing it seemed to me, worked well. Nothing glaringly obvious. I mean there wasn't a half hour of nothing.

Pacing is about flow, not about stuff happening.  I didn't feel that parts of the film flowed particularly well.  It's like the cocoon scene in Alien.  Riddles was right to cut it, because it wrecked the flow of the climax of the film.

Quoteor you can just say 'I hate white people and think all of them are trash, thats just my opinion" and we'll end this discussion at that.

What's that got to do with anything?

acrediblesource

I still don't get what you mean. ( which is my opinion and something said all to often).

Quote from: SM on Aug 27, 2012, 03:08:12 AM
QuoteIf its logic, then clearly disgruntled people were wanting more of an explanation to a mystery that wasn't meant to be solved

No, that's just lazy writing.  Not necessarily saying that's the case in Prometheus, but if you're going to pose questions and not provide answers, then you need to steer the audience towards possible answers, and let them work it out (or shoot two films back to back and chuck a big 'TO BE CONTINUED' on the end).  If people believe this to be the case with Prometheus - fair enough.  Personally I need to watch it afew more times to work out if that's valid.

QuoteBase your opinions on something

Many people do precisely that.

QuotePacing it seemed to me, worked well. Nothing glaringly obvious. I mean there wasn't a half hour of nothing.

Pacing is about flow, not about stuff happening.  I didn't feel that parts of the film flowed particularly well.  It's like the cocoon scene in Alien.  Riddles was right to cut it, because it wrecked the flow of the climax of the film.

Quoteor you can just say 'I hate white people and think all of them are trash, thats just my opinion" and we'll end this discussion at that.

What's that got to do with anything?

SM

SM

I'm guessing English isn't your first language?

acrediblesource

Taken crack shots are you. Nuff.

Quote from: SM on Aug 27, 2012, 03:35:07 AM

Sabres21768

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 27, 2012, 02:42:56 AM
Its just that i don't understand why people could be down on this movie. I watched it alone lets just make that clear. And by the end it totally satified me as film goer.
If its logic, then clearly disgruntled people were wanting more of an explanation to a mystery that wasn't meant to be solved (hense its a mythology)  or motives or emotions of the characters which to me, if the character left out a major development flaw it would be noted quite clearly. Remeber the spinning top in Inception? Well clearly if there were we'd have threads on it in the Prometheus forum which would be the clear mark of every freakin review out there (which there aren't).

I mean, if i weren't in the forums watching people bicker about their fustrations of 'not getting it' , I would have just read reviews ( only from reputable film sites), and not one of them took aim at any such flaws you speak of.
Pacing it seemed to me, worked well. Nothing glaringly obvious. I mean there wasn't a half hour of nothing.
And about this matter of pacing, the search for life on other planets (which consituted the first 15 minutes of the film) is not NOTHING. Its something that most people find intriguing.

Base your opinions on something, theres no shame in 'not getting it' if you don't understand planet finding, or ancient civilisations, or why someone would be overly exicited about lifeforms.

or you can just say 'I hate white people and think all of them are trash, thats just my opinion" and we'll end this discussion at that.

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 27, 2012, 02:20:20 AM

this. yours.

I liked the film.

Is that an insult?

Your post is full of "it seems to me", "totally satisfied me", "to me, if", "I mean" and "I don't understand why"...

If you can't see the flaw in your judging my PERSONAL OPINION of a film, based on your own post...then my friend, you're not quite as insightful as you'd like to think you are...but that's just my opinion.  ;)

SM

SM

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 27, 2012, 03:38:20 AM
Taken crack shots are you. Nuff.

Quote from: SM on Aug 27, 2012, 03:35:07 AM

No, I was asking due to the fact that you post your quotes at the bottom of post rather than the usual way of posting them at the top.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed