Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 214,807 times)

chrisandy

Just in case we needed further confirmation this is not going to be related to Covenant or Prometheus at all

QuoteALIEN(S)
Having made his name in genre cinema with 1979's Alien, Scott has kept the franchise close to his heart. With 2012's origin story Prometheus, he "wanted to reinvent the wheel, and to see how it all came about. Then I did Alien Covenant, trying to push it in another direction." Now, there's a new Alien film, which Fede álvarez has just shot, and a TV series set on Earth, that Fargo and Legion's Noah Hawley is spearheading. Scott is a producer on both, although neither continue the Prometheus/Covenant chronology, he says: "They're all new."

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: chrisandy on Aug 03, 2023, 04:28:33 PMJust in case we needed further confirmation this is not going to be related to Covenant or Prometheus at all

QuoteALIEN(S)
Having made his name in genre cinema with 1979's Alien, Scott has kept the franchise close to his heart. With 2012's origin story Prometheus, he "wanted to reinvent the wheel, and to see how it all came about. Then I did Alien Covenant, trying to push it in another direction." Now, there's a new Alien film, which Fede álvarez has just shot, and a TV series set on Earth, that Fargo and Legion's Noah Hawley is spearheading. Scott is a producer on both, although neither continue the Prometheus/Covenant chronology, he says: "They're all new."

What's the source on this? Who's quote is it?

EDIT: Just saw it came from the new Empire issue spotlighting Napoleon.

Anyways, even with these projects being "[...] all new" and not directly following up on/concluding the Prometheus/Alien: Covenant 'trilogy' story, that doesn't mean that those films are being written out or pushed aside, just that these projects aren't directly tethered to that iteration of the franchise, and based on Hallett's quote from a while back, I still wouldn't be shocked to see some recycled ideas and concepts from "Alien: Destiny" end up in Alien: Romulus even if the original concept/intent is pretty heavily skewed from whatever Scott's original intent was.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

"The series will be served as a prequel and set 70 years before the events of the 1979 film Alien."

based on the Wikipedia.

I mean, it may not be a followup to the prequel films, but it most certainly could be said that an entire universe lore is still lore.
Its not like its going to be a romantic comedy.lol and linked to the New Girl universe.

SiL

That would put it in 2052.

Which is long before even Prometheus. Wasn't David supposed to be state of the art? How are they doing consciousness swapping shenanigans so soon in the timeline?

Either 70 years is BS or Hawley and co. really just do not give a shit.

Nukiemorph

The article that the Wikipedia page cites for that timeframe is here:
https://www.indiewire.com/features/general/alien-fx-series-will-be-like-first-two-movies-1234747809/

It states:
QuoteThe series will be a prequel to the original "Alien," taking place before Ripley ever graced the screen. The FX executive said that Hawley's show will take place on Earth at the end of the 21st century, roughly 70 years from now. No characters from the original movies will be involved.

So yeah. Wikipedia page is screwed up. Still seems to be set near Prometheus.

Local Trouble

SiL

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Aug 05, 2023, 01:32:07 AMThe article that the Wikipedia page cites for that timeframe is here:
https://www.indiewire.com/features/general/alien-fx-series-will-be-like-first-two-movies-1234747809/

It states:
QuoteThe series will be a prequel to the original "Alien," taking place before Ripley ever graced the screen. The FX executive said that Hawley's show will take place on Earth at the end of the 21st century, roughly 70 years from now. No characters from the original movies will be involved.

So yeah. Wikipedia page is screwed up. Still seems to be set near Prometheus.

So it's not 70 before Alien, it's 70 from now.

Still dumb. But better.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2023, 03:12:40 AMStill dumb. But better.

Does that mean you're more optimistic now?

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 05, 2023, 03:18:03 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2023, 03:12:40 AMStill dumb. But better.

Does that mean you're more optimistic now?
No just back to where I was before.

Gimitko

The series has added a set decorator and an art director who exclusively work on projects shot in Berlin, John Wick 4 most recently. All but confirmed Berlin is the European location they will be filming at.

MudButt

Hi All!

I've heard an early rumor via DanielRPK, a usually reliable ''scooper''. He released this on his Patreon by the way.. obviously take with a grain of salt BUT he reported that a new Alien show is in development for Hulu that Ridley Scott has a more hands on role in. No other info was given beyond that.

I didn't think this warranted its own thread so just added it here! 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MudButt on Aug 24, 2023, 03:48:09 PMHi All!

I've heard an early rumor via DanielRPK, a usually reliable ''scooper''. He released this on his Patreon by the way.. obviously take with a grain of salt BUT he reported that a new Alien show is in development for Hulu that Ridley Scott has a more hands on role in. No other info was given beyond that.

There were on again/off again rumblings about that a few years ago, too (I think at the time there were mutterings that it might be a straight up Covenant followup)....

I would be very curious (and equally excited!) if this did pan out and end up being true.

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2023, 03:49:55 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Aug 24, 2023, 03:48:09 PMHi All!

There were on again/off again rumblings about that a few years ago, too (I think at the time there were mutterings that it might be a straight up Covenant followup)....

I would be very curious (and equally excited!) if this did pan out and end up being true.

That sounds familiar. It seems like he's still interested in the franchise since he's a producer on this and Romulus.. would be cool to see him help develop a show and potentially direct a few episodes. Perhaps seeing Hawley & Alvarez work on their take inspired him to get back in the Xeno-game  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed