Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 50,840 times)

Cosmic Incubation

I'm pretty optimistic that this will be good, but I'm hoping for a good marketing campaign that drives people to theaters so this can do well!

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Snake on Mar 27, 2024, 06:41:44 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 27, 2024, 06:33:02 PMRidley does have vision and style, the issue is that the first Alien film had others such as Dan O'Bannon that balanced things out and allowed a great product to come out of it. Prometheus and Covenant while visually good and enjoyable in some other ways, lacked anyone else to balance Ridley out. Ridley preferred a focus on AI over the alien creature.
Yeah, he absolutely did. 40+ years ago when he made ALIEN with no help of cgi whatsoever. And Gladiator will always be his best movies and his pinnacle. But when compared to what other directors are churning out right now, i think it's only right for him to step aside. He's just too old.

I think that if Ridley stops making movies, the guy will simply die...

He needs that filmmaking experience to give him energy and feed his life-force.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Snake on Mar 27, 2024, 06:28:43 PMAnd I hope to God Ridley stays away from this.

Quote from: Snake on Mar 27, 2024, 06:28:43 PMHis last movies weren't any good (Napoleon).

I quite liked Napoleon (though I think it'll be enhanced by a longer cut for sure), House of Gucci is a ton of campy, satirical fun (House of Gucci and Napoleon actually have a lot of thematic and tonal overlap in that regard), and The Last Duel is a late-career masterpiece; love that movie to bits. Not to mention just how much affection I have for Alien: Covenant, and for Ridley's contributions to Raised By Wolves. Can't wait to see Gladiator 2 later this year.

Quote from: Snake on Mar 27, 2024, 06:28:43 PMa director who has vision and style.

Anyways, as far as other filmmakers I'd like to see take a stab at Alien, Alex Garland is near the top of that list for me. Put most of his backlog into a blender and you have just about all the ingredients there....

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2024, 06:46:46 PMThe Last Duel is a late-career masterpiece

True, The Last Duel was incredible and it's a shame that it did so poorly at the box office, although seeing Ridley Scott rant about was funny as shit.

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Mar 27, 2024, 06:43:35 PMI'm pretty optimistic that this will be good, but I'm hoping for a good marketing campaign that drives people to theaters so this can do well!

Yeah, i'm pretty optimistic too, but i'll be honest, it's box office run scares me a bit.

For one, Horizon: An American Saga Part 2 will be released on the same day, and Part 1 seems to be tapping into that boomer/Top Gun crowd, then i can imagine that Part 2 will have even more hype, especially because of how close to each other both parts are.

And second, because of its potential high budget.

Snake

Snake

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2024, 06:46:46 PM
Quote from: Snake on Mar 27, 2024, 06:28:43 PMAnd I hope to God Ridley stays away from this.

Quote from: Snake on Mar 27, 2024, 06:28:43 PMHis last movies weren't any good (Napoleon).

I quite liked Napoleon (though I think it'll be enhanced by a longer cut for sure), House of Gucci is a ton of campy, satirical fun (House of Gucci and Napoleon actually have a lot of thematic and tonal overlap in that regard), and The Last Duel is a late-career masterpiece; love that movie to bits. Not to mention just how much affection I have for Alien: Covenant, and for Ridley's contributions to Raised By Wolves. Can't wait to see Gladiator 2 later this year.

Quote from: Snake on Mar 27, 2024, 06:28:43 PMa director who has vision and style.

Anyways, as far as other filmmakers I'd like to see take a stab at Alien, Alex Garland is near the top of that list for me. Put most of his backlog into a blender and you have just about all the ingredients there....
Not impressed with him smoking a cigar...he's not even holding a drink. All i'm saying is he is past his prime and we need someone eager with fresh ideas to keep this franchise alive.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm all in on bringing new voices into the fold with Alien. My favorite thing about it as an ongoing franchise is that each filmmaker has brought something totally new to the table, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing that cinematic language expand in both Alien: Romulus and Noah Hawley's upcoming series.

That being said, I'm also very much on board with Ridley's prequels (even though I don't think Prometheus really works as a movie), and would love nothing more than to see him get one last stab at it to close the book on that story arc while also allowing new voices to come in and do their own thing as well.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Snake on Mar 27, 2024, 06:52:25 PM

Not impressed with him smoking a cigar...he's not even holding a drink. All i'm saying is he is past his prime and we need someone eager with fresh ideas to keep this franchise alive.

Fresh ideas is not always a good thing though (Predalien egg-barfing, the black goo, David creating alien) sometimes they can work out well if it fits well such as the Alien Queen.

Its a gamble really.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 27, 2024, 06:58:14 PM(Predalien egg-barfing, the black goo, David creating alien)

Two of these things are cool, though. :)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2024, 07:00:17 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 27, 2024, 06:58:14 PM(Predalien egg-barfing, the black goo, David creating alien)

Two of these things are cool, though. :)

Don't make me get my metal pipe of re-education out!  :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The Martian was another recent hit. His highest grossing film ever and sitting at 91% on RT.

Perhaps you're the one past his prime?

Snake

Snake

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 27, 2024, 07:04:11 PM

The Martian was another recent hit. His highest grossing film ever and sitting at 91% on RT.

Perhaps you're the one past his prime?
Excuse me? No need to get personal. And I'm 36 so I don't have to get any lessons in life from you my friend.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 27, 2024, 06:58:14 PMsometimes they can work out well if it fits well such as the Alien Queen.

Even then, i think that the Queen only fits on a vacuum.

The depiction of the Xeno in Aliens is so familiar (to the audience as space ants) and different to the Big Chap of the first movie, that i think it's fair to say that Cameron took away the mysterious vibe of the Xeno earlier than Scott ever did with the prequels.

The thing is that James Cameron managed to do the best scifi-action movie of all time, so it kind of gets a pass.

The Xenos in Aliens could have been replaced with any other fictional monster and the movie would have still been a banger, because of the vibes and style of James Cameron.

The psychosexual Gigeresque aspect of the Xeno got lost, but in return James Cameron pulled an ambitious production (animatronics, set design, power loader) and a compelling narrative, with all of these factors being executed with maximum perfection.

And i say this as someone that loves Aliens.

That movie is so good, that i kind of give it a pass when it comes to how the Xenos were portrayed in comparison to the first movie.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 27, 2024, 07:08:08 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 27, 2024, 06:58:14 PMsometimes they can work out well if it fits well such as the Alien Queen.

The depiction of the Xeno in Aliens is so familiar (to the audience as space ants) and different to the Big Chap of the first movie, that i think it's fair to say that Cameron took away the mysterious vibe of the Xeno earlier than Scott ever did with the prequels.

The thing is that James Cameron managed to do the best scifi-action movie of all time, so it kind of gets a pass.

The Xenos in Aliens could have been replaced with any other fictional monster and the movie would have still been a banger, because of the vibes and style of James Cameron.

The psychosexual Gigeresque aspect of the Xeno got lost, but in return James Cameron pulled an ambitious production (animatronics, set design, power loader) and a compelling narrative, with all of these factors being executed with maximum perfection.

That movie is so good, that i kind of give it a pass when it comes to how the Xenos were portrayed in comparison to the first movie.

They were always bug-like to begin with though.

Space_Dementia

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 27, 2024, 01:33:15 PMNice review, I like the 80s theme/color of your vids intro as well.

Thank you, really appreciate it.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 27, 2024, 07:18:39 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 27, 2024, 07:08:08 PM

They were always bug-like to begin with though.
I think you understand what i mean.

The first movie had a lot of psychosexual influence and rape imagery, not to mention the scene with Big Chap  moving his tail beneath Lambert's legs.

The second movie, while still featuring facehuggers and the life-cycle, had a much more shallow interpretation of the Xeno and abandoned its Gigeresque features and vibes for a more action oriented spectacle, therefore turning the Xeno into literal bugs to be used as cannon fodder, while then introducing a big final boss, the Queen.

And don't get me wrong, it worked, the movie was a blast, but it's fair to say that the Xeno changed as a monster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed