Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 52,119 times)

BlueMarsalis79

He does it constantly in Fargo, and even finds a way of doing it in Legion with the same cast, I am going to be even more surprised if he sticks to one time and place.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 26, 2024, 01:16:32 PMWe should go on strike and demand off-earth Alien action

Spoiler
[close]

PsyKore

PsyKore

I liked the teaser. It has everything I want. So it's weird I'm not that excited.

I await the full trailer.

Space_Dementia

Here is my review of the teaser.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Nice review, I like the 80s theme/color of your vids intro as well.

Snake

Snake

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 25, 2024, 09:05:08 PMYeah, Dune: Part² set the bar too high, and not just for science fiction...I would say for cinema in general. :laugh:

Quote from: Snake on Mar 25, 2024, 08:07:40 PMWell, Romulus will be a nice dessert after the main course, which is called Dune: part 2. This will never top it. Hope we get to see something new that isn't related to androids or AI. So sick of that.

Although it could have been better with a superior script and a good editing of the film, that ship already sailed with Prometheus 12 years ago.
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 25, 2024, 09:05:08 PMYeah, Dune: Part² set the bar too high, and not just for science fiction...I would say for cinema in general. :laugh:

Quote from: Snake on Mar 25, 2024, 08:07:40 PMWell, Romulus will be a nice dessert after the main course, which is called Dune: part 2. This will never top it. Hope we get to see something new that isn't related to androids or AI. So sick of that.

Although it could have been better with a superior script and a good editing of the film, that ship already sailed with Prometheus 12 years ago.
Right... That was THE moment to bring back the series to it's former glory and expand upon the universe and the lore. Ridley returning to the series and all the secrecy about this movie did it for me. I never was more hyped! But 'engineers' in a SJ-suit? So It's not a 15 foot tall organism and it sucks to know that. Not to mention aliens were created by David. It takes away all the mysticism and notion that it came from one the darkest corners of the universe. Oh man...those are my biggest gripes with these movies. I really don't like Prometheus or Covenant! And with Romulus it looks we're going to get more of the same...facehuggers, chestbursters, aliens, and stupid things/descisions happening to get the plot going. And more actresses emulating Ripley. Nothing new here. When do we get to see the alien homeworld? Something to the like of Pandora but full on Giger-style. The xeno may not be the perfect lifeform there and maybe they could have been preyed upon by something we haven't seen yet... Also, What does earth look like by then? Will there be war between the SJ and man? So many missed opportunities. It feels like the bigger picture is missing here and to me it looks like the alien franchise is out of gas. The damage has been done with Prometheus and Covenant from which it will never recover so we get more of the same again to play it safe.

I also said back in 2012 that we needed Villeneuve to reboot the franchise but now the sucker is about to make one of the best sci-fi trilogies ever when Dune: part 3 will be greenlighted. Oh the irony...

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Snake on Mar 27, 2024, 05:02:59 PMNot to mention aliens were created by David

God that hurts.

Snake

Snake

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 27, 2024, 05:16:02 PM
Quote from: Snake on Mar 27, 2024, 05:02:59 PMNot to mention aliens were created by David

God that hurts.
You bet. I was devastated when I went to see Prometheus in theatres. Wanted to  tear my seat from it's place and hurl it at the screen. Never been more disappointed in my life. Except for when my ex broke up with me.

Nightmare Asylum

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Soon enough it will be a nine film franchise anyway. I easily see Romulus being enough of a success to get two films the green light, one of which being the final Ridley Scott directed prequel, much like what Prey resulted in.

I can not wait for that Alien boxset a few years down the line:
Prometheus, Covenant, Destiny, Alien, Romulus, Aliens, Anchorpoint, Alien³ and Alien Resurrection.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 27, 2024, 06:02:01 PMSoon enough it will be a nine film franchise anyway.

Snake

Snake

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 27, 2024, 06:02:01 PMSoon enough it will be a nine film franchise anyway. I easily see Romulus being enough of a success to get two films the green light, one of which being the final Ridley Scott directed prequel, much like what Prey resulted in.

I can not wait for that Alien boxset a few years down the line:
Prometheus, Covenant, Destiny, Alien, Romulus, Aliens, Anchorpoint, Alien³ and Alien Resurrection.
I don't know but if this bombs at the box office we may never get another ALIEN-movie. And I hope to God Ridley stays away from this. His last movies weren't any good (Napoleon). We need a new take on this with a director who has vision and style.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Ridley does have vision and style, the issue is that the first Alien film had others such as Dan O'Bannon that balanced things out and allowed a great product to come out of it. Prometheus and Covenant while visually good and enjoyable in some other ways, lacked anyone else to balance Ridley out. Ridley preferred a focus on AI over the alien creature.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 27, 2024, 06:33:02 PMRidley does have vision and style, the issue is that the first Alien film had others such as Dan O'Bannon that balanced things out and allowed a great product to come out of it. Prometheus and Covenant while visually good and enjoyable in some other ways, lacked anyone else to balance Ridley out. Ridley preferred a focus on AI over the alien creature.

Alien (1979) was the perfect lightning in a bottle.

Ron Cobb (production design/art), Dan O'Bannon (script), Ridley Scott (direction), HR Giger (iconic monster design).

These 4 dudes all fed the movie in unique ways that hightened the experience.

If you take one of them, the whole castle falls.

Now, i actually like Prometheus and Covenant (on a vacuum, but even then i agree with the majority of the criticism and why they are hated or divisive), but it did showed that Ridley Scott's personal vision of what the Alien franchise is, simply wasn't enough...

Now, Ridley Scott is an incredible director (that needs a good script) and his prequels are really well-directed and have great perfomances, but they lack what the other 3 gentlemen brought to the table.

But the point still remains, Ridley Scott was probably the only dude at the time that turned what could be a forgotten B-horror movie into a horror masterpiece.

His direction (monster shots) and the way he played with suspense, alongside with the very naturalistic perfomance of the actors is what brought this movie into the Halls of Fame.

Had it been any other director and the whole franchise and this very forum probably wouldn't have existed.

Snake

Snake

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 27, 2024, 06:33:02 PMRidley does have vision and style, the issue is that the first Alien film had others such as Dan O'Bannon that balanced things out and allowed a great product to come out of it. Prometheus and Covenant while visually good and enjoyable in some other ways, lacked anyone else to balance Ridley out. Ridley preferred a focus on AI over the alien creature.
Yeah, he absolutely did. 40+ years ago when he made ALIEN with no help of cgi whatsoever. And Gladiator will always be his best movies and his pinnacle. But when compared to what other directors are churning out right now, i think it's only right for him to step aside. He's just too old.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed