Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 06, 2018, 08:54:49 AM

Author
Blomkamp Shares ADI Alien Sculpt for Alien 5! (Read 44,089 times)

JokersWarPig

I like it.
It's the logical step in the life cycle if the one in the picture is on its way to becoming a queen. We might have seen a "Praetorian" in a movie and that would have been great.

The Old One

The Old One

Four arms as an inference of the adolescent Queen I appreciate, I don't appreciate hot-gluing them onto Big Chap.

The idea's execution I dislike, but not the idea.

BishopShouldGo

I won't give up hope of seeing this movie come to fruition. :)

The Old One

The Old One

I hope Neill Blomkamp does.

XenoHunter99

A thread like this has no choice but to devolve into like it/don't like it, love it/hate it.

The problem with Ridley's prequels is that he tired of his beast, grew bored with it. Maybe there really isn't anywhere left to go. The visual language is fleshed out, the nature of the Alien universe is known. Yet, there might be room for well-told stories there. The problem with Blomkamp's proposed Alien 5 might be that he is too in love with Aliens. To me, Ripley, Hicks and Newt should stay cold in their graves.

Ridley made his movies, and they are what they are. Blomkamp hasn't made his movie, but a lot of the concept art looked promising. This ADI piece is interesting. It seems pretty obvious that everyone involved with Blomkamp's proposal has great love for Giger's original design. I doubt a Blomkamp Alien(s) movie would be truly great, but I would have liked to see it.

The Old One

The Old One

This is not a coin flip, there's others capable of creating Alien films beyond the two aforementioned Directors.

Other excellent creatives.

Richman678

I like it!

You could argue the Alien is molting which would explain the extra arms. It looks scary, and more HR Giger.

The Old One

The Old One

Aside from the arms, there's nothing remarkable about it IMO.

This though...
Spoiler

[close]

If "adolescent Queen" is the idea, there's better ways to go about it.

The Cruentus

It is strange how that reminds me of both Metropolis and Species at the same time.

The Old One

The Old One

Voluptuous (Thicc) Alien.   ;)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 08, 2018, 08:13:29 PM
I won't give up hope of seeing this movie come to fruition. :)

That's the spirit!   :)

The Old One

The Old One

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 08, 2018, 09:03:02 PM
Aside from the arms, there's nothing remarkable about it IMO.

This though...
Spoiler

[close]

If "adolescent Queen" is the idea, there's better ways to go about it.

I'd have her for something to eat, I mean for dinner. I'd have her for dinner. Over I mean! Over for dinner. I'd eat...oh God.  ;D

PureKino

PureKino

This Organisim is not Perfect enough. In order to truly capture the brilliance of the original film the design of the new Alien should be a eleven foot tall HR Giger running around bludgeoning people to death with a dildo.

This way he can fight the cloned Upgrade Predator in Disney's upcoming Avengers vs Star Wars.

Nostromo

Fanboy I meant as in someone who goes all giddy for anything new that comes out. Even if it makes no sense, has nothing to do with what made the franchise great, as long as it looks cool and woooohoooo it's awesome, same idiots who praise AvpR and all that total shyte.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed