Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,236 times)

Predator-S

Predator-S

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 04:27:12 PM
Someone on the board came with a theory that the Queen layed that egg.

But how can that be when she lost her sack? That doesn't sound right at all.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. And she didn't have much time either.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Unless she threw it up!  ;)

Predator-S

Predator-S

Yet another adittion to the life-cycle revealed  :D

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 04:27:49 PM
Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 04:26:03 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 04:23:49 PM
When it first came out that's what people really jumped on.

Ashame.. the deaths and that were the "issues" some found. I found that film to be quite smart.

Its my favorite Alien film.

Fincher decided to pull back on where a sequel couldve been headed: action overload, and Im glad he did. He held out at least 1 film longer. Thank you, brave soldier lol *salutes Fincher

WisePredator

WisePredator

I have an answer to everyone's question:

There was an original scene for the opening in A3 that showed one of the producers slowly shitting an egg out, it was cut out though because it was too disturbing.

P.S
It was the producers of Alien3 that took control of the film, and that's what ruined it.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I was glad that he took such chances with the story. Killing Hicks and Newt took some balls, and it works in the context of the story because everybody that you like in that movie dies too. I thought Dillion would've lived. Nope! I thought Ripley would've lived. Nope!

The only one that survived was the guy "that made a deal with God to live forever."  ;) I loved all the religious symbolism as well.

A great film that took awhile for most people to appreciate it.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I don't care to put much thought in to thinking where the Egg came from really. I thought Alien 3 was a really good film + espec liked the opening credits of the film (espec with the scoring it had). I don't know that i even questioned where the Egg came from (or rather how it got on the ship) but i don't think i really need to. I just accept that it was there + that's it.

As for the new Re-production method. I think i mentioned before that i'm starting to dig it quite a bit. I know it's different that what we've had in the past but i don't find that to be a problem @ all. It's a new + interesting idea (+ creepy as hell). I know it's a controversial topic but it won't be affecting my enjoyment of the movie.

Highland

Highland

"It is biologically impossible, alien or no alien, to have two completely different ways of laying embryos, one through the mouth, and one through the back, with eggs containing embryo-carriers and layers..."

Another classic quote from yutaniditch, you read it here first people, Fictional aliens cannot, i repeat not have 2 different ways of laying embryo's...... Its proven....in science..................somewhere............?

Can someone update wikipedea please?

Anomaly

Anomaly

We all know what happens after someone tries to sequel Camerons expertise in balancing action and story: they get it dead wrong and end up with an explosion mess.

So I found Fincher and the enterprise in general to have much more brains than most directors.

Predator-S

Predator-S

Quote from: WisePredator on Oct 27, 2007, 04:35:21 PM
I have an answer to everyone's question:

There was an original scene for the opening in A3 that showed one of the producers slowly shitting an egg out, it was cut out though because it was too disturbing.

ROFL I'm actually iamginating that. HAHAHHAHAHAH  :D

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 04:40:52 PM
We all know what happens after someone tries to sequel Camerons expertise in balancing action and story: they get it dead wrong and end up with an explosion mess.

So I found Fincher and the enterprise in general to have much more brains than most directors.

Exactly!!! It makes you think and I like that kind of storytelling. But that's the kind of filmmaker Fincher is. :)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

The story telling was excellent in Alien 3. It revolved heavily on the characters themselves + not the Alien creature. Why most people felt disappointed is because they were expecting Aliens Pt 2 + instead were given something entirely different.

Predator-S

Predator-S

And the main problem with this is that almost everyone wants AVP to be Aliens - with a few Predators maybe.

echobbase79

echobbase79

AvP: R won't give us any of that kind of filmmaking either, but I don't expect it to. Its a monster movie, plain and simple. It's more about the action than the drama. I'm not calling it mindless entertainment, but if you know your monster movies you should know what I mean.

A good example of a well made monster movie is 30 Days of Night. Good filmmaking and well acted but it wasn't that deep.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Indeed. I mean i would like a movie that is as good as Aliens. Of course i would like a movie that is as good as Alien 3 also. Just because the two are drastically different doesn't mean they can't both be great. AvP-R does not have to be Aliens, it just has to be a quality movie. The film still has great potential in my mind as i have not been opposed to many of the "controversial" issues such as this new re-production method, the Pred's new Weapons + the design of the Predalien. The small American town setting is my only grippe with the film but i'm not about to hold a grudge as long as it all works out nicely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed