Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 109,883 times)

Still Collating...

It shouldn't be, all the elements for multiple games and genres are there. For god's sake, the Predator literally goes on an intergalactic GAME hunt, to have fun, you know like a game of cat and mouse, a game... :P  :laugh:

Lot of material and potential for singleplayer and multiplayer games. I hope Prey gets a sequel (doesn't have to be any direct connections at all, just let Dan direct) and that it succeeds. After another good movie maybe the game industry will start taking the potential seriously.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 13, 2023, 07:00:49 PMCommercial usage? Yeah that's not going anywhere then  :laugh:  There is a VR section in my local mall but barely do people drop by to check it out, I'm just betting on how long this would last before that too shuts down. They should drop it on Steam like other VR games but why don't they? I have no idea. It's so weird how Predator based games are being dumped on the corner, meanwhile Aliens got Isolation, Fireteam Elite, and now Dark Decent popping about. Is it really that hard to make a good Predator game?

I mean Alien franchise always had more things going on, from novels, comics to games. I think that game developers just don't get the potential of the Predator in gaming.

In PHG Illfonic maganement was not only bad but dumb, they could have made so much more money on this game than what they did on their other titles which are dead as hell despite being released much later than PHG they have a much smaller playerbase. Even at their cash and grab dlcs they waited until most players left the game to release Predators like Wolf, Celtic, Scar. They even suck at scamming people with useless content that doesnt improve or helps fixing the game problems people complained about for 3 years.

Predator franchise just happens to be unlucky to get incompetent  people in charge that waste potential, from games to movies. And then the producers get the impression that the franchise isnt worthy investing while its just fault of the ones in charge.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 15, 2023, 02:16:00 PMI mean Alien franchise always had more things going on, from novels, comics to games. I think that game developers just don't get the potential of the Predator in gaming.
Predator always had comics and novels going on. The quality can be argued but they at least had something interesting going on in those areas. It's always the games where they suffer the most. Concrete Jungle and Hunting Grounds where it always fails flat on their faces, despite having a great idea.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 15, 2023, 02:16:00 PMIn PHG Illfonic maganement was not only bad but dumb, they could have made so much more money on this game than what they did on their other titles which are dead as hell despite being released much later than PHG they have a much smaller playerbase. Even at their cash and grab dlcs they waited until most players left the game to release Predators like Wolf, Celtic, Scar. They even suck at scamming people with useless content that doesnt improve or helps fixing the game problems people complained about for 3 years.

It's even worse when they don't bother much with balance, thinking its ok and we all know that the balance was always favored to Fireteam because many Fireteam players can't think straight so they pump up the power to make up for it. I've seen how the devs play the game, if that's not an indicator of how ass balance was going to be for the game, I don't know what is.

The thing is too, is that it's also partly with some kind of red tape contract reason to why they couldn't even do some improvements. I recall how one of the devs said somewhere that they wanted to revamp the Predkour system for better flow but something internal prevented them to do it. Seems like no matter the job you got, if upper management is incompetent as hell and can't let you do shit, then it's a living hell on itself.

Oh but also let's not forget that the quality of the movie Predators is also ass compared to the OG Predators released earlier. Like how did they mess up that? I seen the freelancer's work and his Wolf design he did for fun is so much better than the "official" one so I have no idea what Illfonic done to make the dude's more recent design look like ass burger.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 15, 2023, 02:16:00 PMPredator franchise just happens to be unlucky to get incompetent  people in charge that waste potential, from games to movies. And then the producers get the impression that the franchise isnt worthy investing while its just fault of the ones in charge.

I just hope they don't fumble with the success Prey brought into the Predator series. An actual dub over the Alien series where they released two ass films straight up and Prey was that mouth wash that threw 2018 down the drain. Just tell the folks who did the Batman Arkham games to do that but Predator and money will flow. The story of course needs to be hashed out but least the gameplay alone is not a hard concept to come up with.   

SuperiorIronman

If Suicide Squad is anything to go buy I don't trust Rocksteady. I trust Insomniac way more with that.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 18, 2023, 08:34:56 PMIf Suicide Squad is anything to go buy I don't trust Rocksteady. I trust Insomniac way more with that.

I haven't seen much from Suicide Squad, and it would be a shame if it came out as trash. I'm coming off Arkham Knight and the gameplay there is very best of all the series.

PAS Spinelli

I would love a Souls-like Predator Game

Mr.Turok

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 19, 2023, 04:24:00 PMI would love a Souls-like Predator Game
That sounds neat. I haven't played any Souls games before but from what I hear, its has a strong fun and challenging gameplay mechanic. Especially if you throw in the agility that PCJ had, it would make for strong Predator movement than just dodge rolling.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 19, 2023, 04:44:57 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 19, 2023, 04:24:00 PMI would love a Souls-like Predator Game
That sounds neat. I haven't played any Souls games before but from what I hear, its has a strong fun and challenging gameplay mechanic. Especially if you throw in the agility that PCJ had, it would make for strong Predator movement than just dodge rolling.
Side stepping would fit for Pred combat

Wweyland

Somehow, the Predator VR is still on Steam though, not sure if its playable.

Mr.Turok

So Illfonic is now working on Killer Klowns from Outer Space....

Yeah it is officially so over for Predator Hunting Grounds. Was a fun ride I suppose?

SuperiorIronman

It's been over for awhile and while we don't know the exact reason (Tank was in the pipeline and his model was finished) it's doubtful we'd know specifically as to why unless someone speaks up or the contracts run out.

Illfonic appears to be support and publisher so they're not solely involved in this. But work is work and I doubt Illfonic had issue saying no to working on this. Now as to why someone thought it'd be a good idea to make a killer clowns from outer space videogame I have no idea. But Illfonic took the work and I honestly can't blame them.

Wweyland

Still possible to do a final "Ultimate Edition" as the last Hoorah.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 24, 2023, 11:06:51 PMIt's been over for awhile and while we don't know the exact reason (Tank was in the pipeline and his model was finished) it's doubtful we'd know specifically as to why unless someone speaks up or the contracts run out.
I know that it's been over now, but huge issue is that in both Reddit, the official Forums, and Twitter, they claim that Predator is part of thier main games that they will continue to support but obviously from what we are seeing here, that was a lie.

Maybe sometime in the future they might try to do some changes again but at that point everyone will forget the game even exist so it's just pointless now.

Wweyland

The game engine and mechanics would have worked well for a Single Player campaign, even if a short one.

Thatguy2068

I feel like a monster hunter Gene is a better fit for predator

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed