Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,851,094 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 04, 2020, 12:39:34 PM
Oh wow, lots to say but first of all...

Spoiler
I'd like to pour one out for the Razor Crest, my favorite new ship of Disney's Star Wars. I love you, you big dumb space minivan, and I will miss you.
[close]

Spoiler
If Kuiil was still around he'd rebuild it.
[close]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 04, 2020, 12:44:01 PM
I'm also glad because that dull retcon was corrected  :laugh:

Moff Gideon's cruiser has some nice pre-Imperial vibes. In particular the Venator-class Star Destroyer. About certaing Gideon's project...

Spoiler
Although they are probably not finished yet, the Dark Troopers look like Ironman-ish droids. Maybe Grogu is required for something else  :-\
[close]

Spoiler
I still think the cloning facility we saw a while back is used for Project Snoke.
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 04, 2020, 12:45:20 PM
Spoiler
I still think the cloning facility we saw a while back is used for Project Snoke.
[close]

Spoiler
I'd say that was supposed to be obvious.  I get that a lot of people hated the sequels and don't want this show to connect to them, but I think it's silly to think it won't.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 04, 2020, 12:45:20 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 04, 2020, 12:39:34 PM
Oh wow, lots to say but first of all...

Spoiler
I'd like to pour one out for the Razor Crest, my favorite new ship of Disney's Star Wars. I love you, you big dumb space minivan, and I will miss you.
[close]

Spoiler
If Kuiil was still around he'd rebuild it.
[close]

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 04, 2020, 11:52:46 AM
Yeah, that was brutal.  It does raise a big question for me though:

Spoiler
Why didn't Boba Fett just march into Mos Pelgo and take his armor back from Cobb Vanth?  Vanth is no pushover, but Fett is clearly on another level given his displays of badassery in this episode.

And I guess they finally settled the mystery regarding the Fetts' heritage.
[close]

I agree there, thought that myself. Although not necessarily a bad thing, the scripting of the episodes throughout the whole show does seem to aim for the - "This bad guy got my thing so i'll get it back" , type simplicity. The series has (for me) only got kind of deeper in specific spots like the empire facility episode. Everything else is kinda - go here, get this, fight him.

I let it slide mostly because it reminds me of 90's shows and really it just seems to work for the most part.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
If I had to guess, I'd imagine that Boba didn't know where the armor was until that first episode this season, when he watched Din leave with it while he was peering over the cliffside. He probably went into town to get info from Cobb (hence knowing who Cobb was), which sent him on his chase to Din and he's probably been a few steps behind him this whole season before finally catching up.
[close]

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 04, 2020, 01:25:20 PM
Spoiler
If I had to guess, I'd imagine that Boba didn't know where the armor was until that first episode this season, when he watched Din leave with it while he was peering over the cliffside. He probably went into town to get info from Cobb (hence knowing who Cobb was), which sent him on his chase to Din and he's probably been a few steps behind him this whole season before finally catching up.
[close]

Seems slightly unrealistic given the time frame, but I get what you mean.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 04, 2020, 12:03:17 PM
Spoiler
I am really curious to find out who Grogu connected with on the Seeing Stone.
[close]

Oh about that!

Spoiler
Do you think it could be Ezra?
[close]

Quote from: Highland on Dec 04, 2020, 01:23:11 PM
I let it slide mostly because it reminds me of 90's shows and really it just seems to work for the most part.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 04, 2020, 01:42:03 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Oh about that!

https://i.ibb.co/FX50b0B/tenor.gif

Spoiler
[close]

Definitely a possibility. But I'm hoping for...

Spoiler
Luke. 8)
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
I actually don't think there's a chance of it being Ezra. Just because, if I had to guess, Ahsoka probably already tried to use the Seeing Stone to look for Ezra (hence her being so familiar with what it is and how it works) and was unable to reach him, hence moving on to try to pry information from people like the Magistrate with Thrawn connections.

I have a feeling that whoever Grogu spoke to, if anyone, he likely told them that he wants to stay with Din rather than be trained.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 04, 2020, 01:47:52 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Oh about that!

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Luke. 8)
[close]

That would be another whole dimension to my enjoyment  8)

Speaking about Grogu, you guys noticed...

Spoiler
that Grogu seemed to be displaying dark side traits when he was attacking the stormtroopers in front of Gideon  :o
[close]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 04, 2020, 01:49:39 PM
Spoiler
I actually don't think there's a chance of it being Ezra. Just because, if I had to guess, Ahsoka probably already tried to use the Seeing Stone to look for Ezra (hence her being so familiar with what it is and how it works) and was unable to reach him, hence moving on to try to pry information from people like the Magistrate with Thrawn connections.

I have a feeling that whoever Grogu spoke to, if anyone, he likely told them that he wants to stay with Din rather than be trained.
[close]

Maybe the one who answered the call was...

Spoiler
:laugh:

[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 04, 2020, 01:50:04 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 04, 2020, 01:47:52 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Oh about that!

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Luke. 8)
[close]

That would be another whole dimension to my enjoyment  8)

Speaking about Grogu, you guys noticed...

Spoiler
that Grogu seemed to be displaying dark side traits when he was attacking the stormtroopers in front of Gideon  :o
[close]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 04, 2020, 01:49:39 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Maybe the one who answered the call was...

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
Grogu: Anyone there?
Palpatine voice: I have waited a long time for this, my little green friend.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Speaking of the dark side...

Spoiler
I'd imagine that when Din and Grogu eventually reunite for the finale, Grogu is going to have a bit of a dark streak running through him, after all of the abuse he's about to endure. We see a little of it here in the finale, the way he is thrashing around the Stormtroopers. Din is going to have to show him the knob (and, perhaps, his face?) to start coercing him back a bit and snap him out of whatever hold Gideon has on him.

I expect a fair amount of Grogu torture next week, before Din and the gang are able to rescue him in the finale. :(
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Honestly, the best teacher for Grogu would probably be...

Spoiler
Quinlan Vos, if he's still alive.  He actually fell to the dark side and came back.  He also hasn't been seen or heard from since Order 66.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Quinlan_Vos#Presumed_survival
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Din Djarin
Boba Fett
Fennec Shand
Mayfield
Cara Dune (since it seems like she was convinced to help out at the end)
Greef Karga (maybe not him, since he has Nevarro to run)
Bo-Katan (since she wants the Darksaber back, she's a potential)

Putting together a bit of a Magnificent Seven in time for the finale now, are we? ;)
[close]

I have ONE request for the rest of the season:

Spoiler

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed