SM

LV-426 was Earth all along!!

Highland

Highland

David just dreamt it. She's alive.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2018, 07:30:48 PM
How did they disable the colony transmitters from HQ?

You can do all sorts of bad stuff remotely. I can disable the NIC of the PC I'm currently remoting to. Wont do me much good but it'll mean I can't talk to it.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

An excellent way to f**k over 158 colonists on a rock at the ass end of space.

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 12, 2018, 09:04:42 AM

You can do all sorts of bad stuff remotely. I can disable the NIC of the PC I'm currently remoting to. Wont do me much good but it'll mean I can't talk to it.

Even if the hardwiring is damaged so the uplink dish can't be aligned?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Would depend entirely on the network infrastructure. The hardwiring was just between the dish and the colony IIRC, not disabling the dish's functionality otherwise Bishop wouldn't have been able to re-align it directly.

For clarities sake, I don't subscribe to this notion. It's just not outside the realms of possibility that they could disable these functions remotely.

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Jan 31, 2018, 01:29:36 AM

No, not the beacon and ship. Only the creature. Hence the " And found something never recorded once, in over three hundred surveyed worlds. A creature which gestates inside a living human host. These are your words. And has concentrated Acid for blood ".

Only Ripley speaks of the beacon and ship. No board member's are seen mentioning those two things.

Does that mean that they found beacons and derelict ships elsewhere? If so, then they would have have dismissed her description of the creature, right?

Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2018, 02:08:09 AM

These are two separate parts of the scene.  One part refers to any encounters with the Xenomorph at all on any world.  The other refers to LV-426 having any indigenous life.  Again I was responding to your remark that "officials claim not to have discovered indigenous life forms in numerous worlds".

They were not referring to indigenous life forms.

Why should it?  They read out parts of Ripley's deposition quite incredulously (as detailed by JungleHunter87).  They clearly don't believe her.

Then what were involved in those "bug hunts"? Large insects from earth?

QuoteIt's circular reasoning, and your second point ("It's simply all the information we have to work with") is not connected to it.

Yes it is.  I'm pretty sure I know what I mean with my own posts.

No, it's not. And I showed that to you very clearly.

Indeed.  What's your point here?

You are failing completely in defending yourself. I will have to ignore you after this for wasting my time.

Who was covering up?  Once again, it's obvious no one in the enquiry believes her.

That was already explained to you!

You keep saying this, but have yet to detail how.  I'll I've seen is you misinterpreting the scene.  Perhaps go and have another watch?

It's the other way round: you misinterpreted the scene. Read the first point I raised above. You mistakenly thought that the ECA Rep was referring only to indigenous life forms. That's not the case.

And here's the catch. The rep was arguing that they never found a creature like the one described by Ripley. However, she didn't say that they didn't find ANY life form on those planets. In which case, it would be absurd of them to dismiss Ripley's creature easily, especially given the point that they could have easily asked the colony that was already in place to search the site that Ripley mentioned.

And there's your cover-up.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 31, 2018, 03:10:15 AM
He's either trolling or just really bad with reading comprehension. You're a saint for trying though SM.

Consider the scene again.

They state that they went through shuttle carefully and found no trace of the creature. Ripley says she blew it out of the airlock.

One then asks the other if they found any such organism on LV-426, and the response was that they found no indigenous life on the rock. That means Ripley was imagining everything or company officials had found the ship and/or contents but did not want government officials to know. (Take note that subsequent scenes show that colonists even managed to capture some facehuggers and even store one or more alive.)

Ripley argues that the creature was not indigenous given the derelict ship and the beacon. Notice at that point how the committee ignores that point as one states that in over 300 known worlds they did not find any creature that resembles the creature described. They didn't state, however, that they did not find any life forms on those worlds. Does that explain one marine that asks later whether their mission is just another "bug-hunt"?

So, we have a company that does not acknowledge the existence of such a creature but does not say anything about any other lifeforms they found elsewhere, says nothing about the beacon and derelict ship, has a colony that does not communicate with them later but for some reason did not report that they had captured and stored several facehuggers in their lab. Or did they communicate that to the company before they were overwhelmed by the creatures?

With that, how am I trolling or lack reading comprehension?

SM

SM

So you come back and respond to a thread six months later, and you're going to 'ignore me after this for wasting your time'.  :laugh:

I'm struggling to discern your point.

Mankind has encountered extra terrestrial lifeforms.  They had not encountered any indigenous life on LV-426.  They have not encountered the capital A Alien that Ripley describes. 

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on Feb 10, 2018, 02:12:39 AM

They have never encountered anything like an acid-bleeding biomechanical fabrication compiler super-cancer that feeds on minds. Is that so difficult to believe?

Hence, "bug-hunts".

Nope, they couldn't because:

Quoteall transmitters destroyed or disabled right after the first infected colonist was brought back
by Burke and his associates in Weyland-Yutani and the USCM command structure.

Or the company knew and kept a tight lid on it, then ordered Burke to form a team to recover what the colonists managed to obtain in exchange for a percentage. He even tries to bribe Ripley and tells her that since she discovered the species she gets some "serious money" as well.

However it goes, it's a cover-up, right?

Quote from: Highland on Feb 12, 2018, 02:40:26 AM
Bug hunt could just be referring to a bug hunt on Earth as well couldn't it? Nobody say's it has to be a new life form from another planet.

I assume that colonial marines operate with colonies that are located outside Earth.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: SM on Jul 10, 2018, 11:34:31 AM
So you come back and respond to a thread six months later,
"It's just natural side effects of such an unusually long hypersleep..."  ???

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Well, if it took him six months to compose a reply to SM then I can understand why he'd be pissed at SM for wasting so much of his time.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

And Hudson moaned over 17 days...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Of course, the NIC can also be re-enabled by anyone with physical access to the PC as well.  :P

SM

SM

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jul 10, 2018, 03:15:23 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 10, 2018, 11:34:31 AM
So you come back and respond to a thread six months later,
"It's just natural side effects of such an unusually long hypersleep..."  ???

:laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 10, 2018, 08:03:46 PM

Of course, the NIC can also be re-enabled by anyone with physical access to the PC as well.  :P

I find that level of competence unusual...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed