Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 404,138 times)

PRJ_since1990

As a backer, I really am worried about receiving my items by now. It's been years and now they're speaking of being out of resources? It's like give me my money back or send me my stuff and I would rather the latter.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Oct 27, 2015, 12:01:10 AM
USA. My local gamestore told me their distributor said it was to release in October so I had them preorder it for me, then they told me it wasn't going to release until November so then I started to get worried and then read the above post from Prodos lol.

Oh, so you're just on a store pre-order? You're golden m8 just be patient.

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Oct 27, 2015, 12:32:04 AM
As a backer, I really am worried about receiving my items by now. It's been years and now they're speaking of being out of resources? It's like give me my money back or send me my stuff and I would rather the latter.

No refunds bro. They have done/are doing their best to fulfill pledges, at least under the KS terms of what that means. I'm guessing you're in the USA too (sucks to be you in this instance I guess :-\), but frankly the fact that the Americas are getting theirs last is hilarious to me, because it's the exact opposite of how anything like this usually goes down, and the RoW backers are (mostly) enjoying some schadenfreude in relation to it. Apologies if you're not from the Americas, I do have sympathy for you in that case.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 27, 2015, 05:30:09 AM
Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Oct 27, 2015, 12:01:10 AM
USA. My local gamestore told me their distributor said it was to release in October so I had them preorder it for me, then they told me it wasn't going to release until November so then I started to get worried and then read the above post from Prodos lol.

Oh, so you're just on a store pre-order? You're golden m8 just be patient.

Yeah awesome, lol I haven't been the impatient angry type yet, just more excited to get the game. ha Still gotta find time to post my custom flying Queen I did up for fun.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Prodos Games Ltd
Hello all,

First things first, we'd like to clear up some confusion regarding our last update. Our intention was not to cause any panic, but to explain that if we split ship AvP, it will cost us money that we have not included in the calculations we made during our KS.
There is no between the lines here, just that we will have to pay some money towards this. Apologies for the lack of clarity!

Shipping of Wave 2 will begin tomorrow. That consists of the Board Game and all available add-ons, plus the Berserker Model, Royal Guard Model and Predator Tiles.

Wave 3 will include all outstanding items – this will begin immediately after Wave 2.

We are predicting that Wave 2 will take 6 weeks to complete, due to the cost of shipping.

As for USA backers, the Board Games have made their way through customs and are now in a dispatch centre, awating the add ons. However, more than 300 backers have not yet updated their Pledge Manager with their real name or surname (using usernames instead). We will update you all with a link to the affected Post Codes in the next few days.

Last week, we visited Fox in London. We have agreed to continue manufacturing AvP as it is, as well as releasing a standalone AvP product that will have less of the 'wargaming' features of the current version – but it will be fast and furious!. More information about this when it comes and, don't worry, it won't be a Kickstarter release!

Many thanks,
Prodos Games LTD

PRJ_since1990

At this point it's basically business as usual. I am hoping to have it arrive at my apartment one day out of the blue. Until then, I will remain cautiously optimistic. I think what upsets me the most is not only has international shipping taken a ridiculous amount of time but now they're selling to gaming stores when I have personally spent a great deal of money to help fund their game and I am still without the promised game. I can order something from the UK or China or anywhere that ships to USA and have it get delivered within months

[cancerblack]

Meanwhile, I'll be getting my wave 2 items shipped on the 5th alongside an order from their site.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 30, 2015, 07:27:27 PM
Meanwhile, I'll be getting my wave 2 items shipped on the 5th alongside an order from their site.
Wave 2 are the addons, correct? Was the order for more AvP stuff or do you play Warzone too?

[cancerblack]

Rather than adding more to the pledge manager, I pre-ordered the Queen and a few extra Warriors from the site. Asked in an email if my wave 2 would ship with that and they said yes.

Corporal Hicks

Latest update:

QuoteHi there, Prodos is attending Dragonmeet in London this weekend. If you would like to collect your pledge at Dragonmeet please visit our stand, booth 5. Please bring with you a print out from your Pledge Manager. You may collect pledge for your friend however this will need an emial confirmation to Service@prodos.co.uk.

Another call to backers: please update you pledge manager with missing data. Please make sure that your name and surname is correct.
We haven't heard nothing from 81 backers that have not activated their pledge managers yet.

2nd November notifications are cleared out, please expect your parcels shortly.

We are waiting on wave 3 packaging approvals (Sentry Guns, Female Predator, Facehuggers, Colonial Marines Sergeant). Once we have a green light we will include them in 2nd wave shipping.

Remaining items for January approval: Resin Terrain set, Young Bloods,
and hopefully AvP Wargame.

2nd Wave parcels sent to date: 1271.
Next week plan: 200-250

Expecting finish date, if we get approval on time: End of Jan, beg Feb.

We are closed from 23rd Dec to 3rd of Jan. Thus, there will be nothing to update.

CU at Dragonmeet and have a nice weekend.

PRJ_since1990

I laugh a little because I know that there must be plenty like myself who eagerly await anything but there must also be folks who forgot about it and stopped looking at Prodos' emails.

Corporal Hicks

Last update for the year:

QuoteHi there, end of year update.
Prodos Games team would like to with you a Happy New Year 2016.
Really sorry for long update.

Shipping:

3 months ago we have set up a "saving" account to secure cash for shipping 2nd and 3rd wave of AvP. We have some really exciting news. Our sales team has really done an extremely good on sales of Prodos games products and casting services in the past 3 months and we have secured 42K+ GBP for Wave shipping (see attached picture). This only means that we have in plans to ship out ALL KS items by end of January. We will also set up an email account for queries regarding only the KS - KS@prodosgames.com, this email will be active from mid February. IF you have not received your rewards by END February please contact us immediately on the email above.

A small BUG.

We have found a small issue with pledge manager.. The pledge manager was linked to our online shop and run on the same platform, if a KS backer have made any purchase in our shop (Warzone for instance) the PM in some cases marked off KS pledge as shipped and shop purchase tracking number was recorded in KS box as well. This have been now resolved. However if you plan to make any purchases in our shop or you have done it in last week or so please emial us on service@prodos.co.uk, we will check every individual case. I hope my words wont get twisted around, but so security (to make sure that we can actually provide you with KS tracking number) if you made any purchase in our shop and if you have not shipped your KS rewards, we will have to do it in one parcel with one tracking number (shop order + KS rewards). At this stage this is the only solution without interfering into source code of PM... the last thing we need at this stage is total fallout with PM.

Prodos Games LTD

Last year for Prodos was like a ride on roller coaster. Although, we are ashamed of decisions we have made, like getting retail out and so on (to some degree we had no option anyway) in a long run our it shows that the decisions we have made secured KS and Prodos Games future.

Prodos Games in now 30 employees we are providing services for many companies, some of you may even have models made by us not even knowing that Prodos was the manufacturer, 12 KS run by other companies went through our hands, either in the form of 3D sculpting, 3d Printing or casting. In last 6 months (we track numbers for last 6 months only) we have made 109237 sprues of miniatures for external customers! That's 100k sprues!

We totally understand that for many of you Prodos is the worse company that you could have a pleasure to deal with, frankly, a lot, and I mean a lot of delays where due to lack of our experience with the big boys and 3rd party delays that affect us personally and Prodos.

What we can assure that the product you will receive is the top quality in terms of casting as well as design- we are a bunch of engineers and the quality for us is the top goal.

I said many times that for us AvP KS was like an open wound, that was bleeding out us slowly, and only what we could do last year was to put some plasters to reduce the bleeding... now, we are in the stage of stitches that stop the bleeding however we are aware that AVP KS scar will stay for ever on Prodos Games face.

The root cause of all issues was the decision to go KS with this project. Looking back we should get it out slowly, starting with a board game and then add more.. but, we have a new future, a KS free future, this decision for us, in a long term, I believe is the best decision we could make. We know, for fact, how difficult is to run a KS, we know how many companies must go from KS to KS to fulfil previous commitments and we know how many companies are struggling because we have been helping them out.

So no-KS projects are the future for us.

New NO-KS Projects.

We are happy to announced that in February we are releasing a new line of miniatures called Space Crusaders. We have already 60 models designed, cast and all going through painting at this stage, this will follow with Space Crusade Board Game mid year... and the range of the models will be increased to 120 by the end of 2016. Sign up for a newsletter in our shop for more information if you are interested.

In May+, Prodos is releasing Warzone 2.0 and new faction Illian. Some really new innovative Wargaming solutions will be put in place.

June/July is a new add to AvP Board Game (stand alone game + expansion to the current game, with additional rules) and focus will be put on war-gaming side of the AvP (more models)

AvP range also will expand. We have in plans to get out another 15 types of models, 5 for each faction! (collecting references). And if plastic work out for us we will have as well Dropship as well.

Hope that one day we can forget the issues we have been going through with AvP KS and Prodos will become your favourite company. We will work very very hard to regain your trust and KS backers will always have a spot in our hart regardless of personal attack or other issues.

As long as Prodos exist we are ready to give you, from mid year once the facility is developed, a lifetime 5% off on our products sold via Prodos Games webstore.

Thanks and once again a happy New Year 2016.

PRJ_since1990

What I gathered: If you don't have your stuff by February, contact us. Correct?

Eldritch_DM

I was worried there for a while that they were in some bad financial trouble but I'm glad to see they've got things sorta worked out and also glad that they plan to expand the AvP game in the future. Looking forward to seeing what else they make!

On a side note, I got my box and have almost everything primed and ready to paint. I'm not sure how to paint my Stalkers though... anyone care to post some of theirs so I can see what everyone did?  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 30, 2015, 03:03:28 AM

End of Feb, I guess.

Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Dec 30, 2015, 06:15:12 AM
On a side note, I got my box and have almost everything primed and ready to paint. I'm not sure how to paint my Stalkers though... anyone care to post some of theirs so I can see what everyone did?  ;D

I haven't done mine yet. All this hoo-har and hassle has seriously dampened my interest.  :-\

Flexserve

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2015, 07:55:43 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 30, 2015, 03:03:28 AM

End of Feb, I guess.

Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Dec 30, 2015, 06:15:12 AM

I haven't done mine yet. All this hoo-har and hassle has seriously dampened my interest.  :-\
amen. Same.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed