Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Alien 3/Resurrection "plot...
Last post by Eal - Today at 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 12:50:49 PMTalking about Resurrection, there is a french interview of Jeunet that just got out, where he talks about the movie in depth and how it influenced his life overall.

I don't want to post it since it's in french and the youtube translation thing is very bad for this video.

Funny bits though :

- he literally says the movie is pretty dumb overall lol.

- he considers the movie being "apart" in his career and that it didn't influenced
his later films at all

- he does say he loved the experience though

- he says all french actors and directors that were in hollywood at the time
came sleeping at his house because he was kind of an attraction lol

- he insists that he personally pushed for ideas like the breath door thing
and Perez fiddling with his brain among others

- he says that a lot of his assistants were truly bad at their job lol

- he says he will go see Romulus out of curiosity

I didn't watch the whole thing yet, but that's what I found most amusing from what I saw.

The fiddling with brain thingy was one of the moments that stick out in my memory most when I think of Resurrection.
If Neca hasnĀ“t still wrapped with the license, that means that probably in some future we would see a new mold of the predalien from "Requiem", am I right?
Alien Films / Re: Alien 3/Resurrection "plot...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 12:50:49 PM
Talking about Resurrection, there is a french interview of Jeunet that just got out, where he talks about the movie in depth and how it influenced his life overall.

I don't want to post it since it's in french and the youtube translation thing is very bad for this video.

Funny bits though :

- he literally says the movie is pretty dumb overall lol.

- he considers the movie being "apart" in his career and that it didn't influenced
his later films at all

- he does say he loved the experience though

- he says all french actors and directors that were in hollywood at the time
came sleeping at his house because he was kind of an attraction lol

- he insists that he personally pushed for ideas like the breath door thing
and Perez fiddling with his brain among others

- he says that a lot of his assistants were truly bad at their job lol

- he says he will go see Romulus out of curiosity

I didn't watch the whole thing yet, but that's what I found most amusing from what I saw.
Quote from: Neila on Today at 11:49:36 AMThe term Xenomorph is made up of ancient Greek for "stranger" or "alien" and for "shape" or "form", while Yautja is just a fantasy name.

Yea sounds cooler so I accept.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by oduodu - Today at 11:56:24 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 07:03:45 AMTellingly they both die in their last acts of seeming absolution. The only price high enough to pay to redeem themselves is their lives in exchange for countless others - and even that might not be quite enough.

sil

your ability to use the english language is phenominal. you should write a novel or something.

#cough#

essay about burke not working alone...........

*cough*

sorry off topic.

lol
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 11:52:42 AM
In Fede we trust. 😁👍
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Author Steve Perry Talks O...
Last post by Neila - Today at 11:49:36 AM
The term Xenomorph is made up of ancient Greek for "stranger" or "alien" and for "shape" or "form", while Yautja is just a fantasy name.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by SM - Today at 11:46:01 AM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Today at 10:58:04 AMMan, as someone familiar with the ins and outs of the Alien fan edit, I gotta admit these narrative changes are disappointing.

Alien 3, apart from maybe Covenant, is the only Alien movie that actively does not care if you like it. It's divisive, it's mean, and it's ruthless in how much it wants to get that across to viewers. And I think that's a large part of what makes it a great film. Over the years it's become second to the original for me.

While I can understand why you'd want to make Dillon someone to root for - the point is that you can't, or rather, shouldn't. His acts of redemption throughout the film don't make him a good person - just a better person than he once was. And if you can leave this plane of existence a better person than you were before you were pitted against the scariest, most gruesome creature in the galaxy, well that just shows you how hopeful Alien 3 also is! To echo what's been said, the worst of the worst saved the galaxy in Alien 3, with Ripley being their guiding light of redemption.

I do hope that the editor rethinks the narrative decisions, because the color corrected effects in the 4k package would've made this the definitive edition for me.

We root for Dillon because he moved beyond his past and is the spiritual leader, guiding the others and generally keeping the peace.
I'm happy with them making solo films for the time being. The reputation of both franchises is on the up. Prey is solid. Romulus is hopefully as good. Once they have another solid foundation I'd be willing to see another mashup with a worthy story.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed