Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 86,492 times)

philsaw101134

philsaw101134

I thought AVP was great fun.
Like it a bunch.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2009, 12:50:54 AM
Yes it is. The Predator didn't react, and it got killed. You snooze, you loose. Intent doesn't factor into it.

Saddly I agree, still the pred should of one I mean if there are 3 predators at LEAST spread the kills out :-\

philsaw101134

philsaw101134

Quote from: Pvt.Torque Reikan on May 05, 2009, 03:52:41 AM
Saddly I agree, still the pred should of one I mean if there are 3 predators at LEAST spread the kills out :-\
Scar took care of that one

JamesCameronOnline

it was ok. Doesnt hold a candle to the original alien trilogy, but as a standalone movie its watchable. Nice FX and cool nods to the comic book that married the two franchises. Certainly better than the amaterusih disaster thats avpr

The Demon

The Demon

I'd take avpr over avp. AvP was way too kid friendly. Both creatures were embarrassing to look at except for the Queen. The Queen was awesome.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

She was a freaking T.Rex. Not cool.

The Demon

The Demon

The size bothered you that much?

SM

SM

Locomotion was bad.  Size, not so much.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

If I want my Aliens and Predators fighting it out I'll put in AVP. I rather take Lance Henriksen, Celtic vs Grid, Queen Vs Scar, Antarctica setting, chariots of the gods ect instead.

Now, If I'm feeling masochistic or maybe I want to punish someone by giving them the worst movie going experience of their life...........I'll put in AVP-R.

JamesCameronOnline

Yeah, the Queen was the best thing from AVP for me, although its pretty weird seeing her portrayed so..clean. I mean look at her lying the eggs - she looks very colorful and like an action figure or toy. in Aliens she was portrayed as slimy, gooey and her ovipositor was dripping wet and looking very realistic. Also, I dont understand the addition of the 'horns' on her crown

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on May 20, 2009, 12:23:18 AM
Yeah, the Queen was the best thing from AVP for me, although its pretty weird seeing her portrayed so..clean. I mean look at her lying the eggs - she looks very colorful and like an action figure or toy.

Aliens of course is a much better movie, but there were some pretty impressive shots with the queen alien in AVP. The part where she wakes up from being frozen for 100 years was pretty badass. The whole T-Rex thing I don't understand, big f--king deal! That bitch is huge.

I would be running like a T-Rex too if I was frozen for 100 years and forced to lay eggs the moment I broke out lol.

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: PHANTOM on May 20, 2009, 12:29:26 AM
Aliens of course is a much better movie, but there were some pretty impressive shots with the queen alien in AVP. The part where she wakes up from being frozen for 100 years was pretty badass. The whole T-Rex thing I don't understand, big f--king deal! That bitch is huge.

I would be running like a T-Rex too if I was frozen for 100 years and forced to lay eggs the moment I broke out lol.

I agree. In general, she was a nice eye candy in AVP and the shot of her waking up is probably my favorite from the movie

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: PHANTOM on May 20, 2009, 12:22:18 AM
If I want my Aliens and Predators fighting it out I'll put in AVP. I rather take Lance Henriksen, Celtic vs Grid, Queen Vs Scar, Antarctica setting, chariots of the gods ect instead.

Now, If I'm feeling masochistic or maybe I want to punish someone by giving them the worst movie going experience of their life...........I'll put in AVP-R.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. AvPr isn't that bad. Its bad but there's worse. Way worse. That movie has dumb entertainment value. Just shut off half your brain. Its not that bad.

Undeadite

Undeadite

The fact that you have to turn off your brain makes it bad by principle, especially when the Alien and Predator are both walking psychological metaphors.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: Undeadite on May 20, 2009, 04:55:09 AM
The fact that you have to turn off your brain makes it bad by principle, especially when the Alien and Predator are both walking psychological metaphors.

What's the Predator meant to evoke? I know the Alien has sexual connotations but what's the Pred?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed