Aliens Have Ruined The Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 08, 2007, 08:47:04 PM

Author
Aliens Have Ruined The Game (Read 17,073 times)

Zero

Zero

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Apr 17, 2008, 03:51:54 AM
Quote from: Zero on Apr 11, 2008, 10:14:31 PM
I was messing around killing hundreds of them when I noticed My health was below 100 and I was out of medicomps.I didn't care so I started killing until I had 30 hp left when "Alternate Costume Unlocked" pops up.Then the aliens stopped coming.

OWNED

er... you get that message about when you kill 30.... so if you killed hundreds.... the alines owned you
Always so negative

DDvsPred

DDvsPred

I didn't think they ruined the game at all, it was a neat surprise. Although I wished they sounded like the Aliens from Aliens, not Alien: Misdirection. They look like the Aliens from AVP2 on PC

I mean after all, the storyline did involve a familiar company (Weyland-Yutani) in the end. My guess is after finding evidence of Xenomorphs near the first Mother, the company saw potential in them and have since been trying to find the creatures. I'm surprised you didn't battle any Facehuggers in that one or the Queen, the Queen would've been a good fight.

Amaymyon666

Amaymyon666

I gotta say playing through that game and reaching the point where the aliens do show up was really surprising... I say surprising because NONE of the few standalone Alien games got Predators in them, and at first it was cool... THEN i started to fight them and it became really really really annoying after i killed the first 10 billion aliens.. I wish there was a queen to fight, i mean because there were eggs, face huggers, etc, etc,...

DDvsPred

DDvsPred

I don't recall facing facehuggers, but I wonder how Borgia Industries got so many people to bring Aliens.

I assume they found out about the events in Anartica from Lex, then found the queen, killed her somehow and had a lot of eggs and expendable people for test subjects.

Sol

Sol

I can't even fathom how people who proclaim to like both the Alien, and Predator franchise, and the AVP games, comics, and be displeased by a short 2 Level cameo of one or the other in the game.

I'm baffled.

As for me, definitely a pleasant surprised. I couldn't see the plot lacking it, now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Because in a game solely for the separate franchises...the other franchise creeps in. It's annoying.

Amaymyon666

Amaymyon666

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2008, 06:54:26 PM
Because in a game solely for the separate franchises...the other franchise creeps in. It's annoying.

Yeah I agree hicks... Its super annoying...

Sol

Sol

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2008, 06:54:26 PM

You say this as of this is some wide epidemic, and it's happened several times before. How many Predator titles have we had released recently, again?

And again, 2 extremely short stages. Far cry from "ruining the game".

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Sol on Apr 28, 2008, 07:56:12 PM
You say this as of this is some wide epidemic, and it's happened several times before. How many Predator titles have we had released recently, again?

Which is why I think you guys should be pissed off. This is the first Predator game in ages! And there are f**king Aliens in it. There's Weyland Industries in it. Do you Predator fans not want some stuff totally void of anything to do with Aliens. I'm an Aliens fan BTW and even this pisses me off.

Sol

Sol

It's just not that big of an issue for me, to care as some of you seem to. They weren't anything more than a cameo/easter egg, based on how short their appearance was, and how unimportant they are to the central plot.

It's just alot of wasted energy, complaining about something as insignificant as the Aliens [very] brief appearance in this game.

Zero

Zero

I agree.They also only mention Charles Weyland,and at the end,well,that was Yutani Corp.

Requiem Has made that whole ending in CJ Non-Cannon Fodder

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I can't wait to get to Bug Hunt ;D How many levels until that? I'm on 10'000 Ways to Die.

Veteran Warrior

I liked it because there were so many of them and it boosted my record of kills

Yihdore

Yihdore

You should have to fight a alein Queen then take is skull instead of 1 Flipin millon of them!!!!! >:(

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I thought the Alien cameo in this game was hilarious. Out of place? Kinda. But I still liked it and had a lot of fun with those two levels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed