How many sequels should there be?

Started by RakaiThwei, Jul 15, 2014, 10:15:26 PM

Author
How many sequels should there be? (Read 5,096 times)

RakaiThwei

Something which has been on my mind for sometime and this is something which I wanted to ask the fanbase. Exactly how many movies should there be until there is a stopping point? Looking at all of the movies so far, the AvP films included, we happen to have a total of five movies so far. With the sixth on the way, and no telling where this movie will be going, would this sequel be a good stopping point or should there be more at the risk of milking the series regardless of positive or negative reaction?

Should Shane Black's movie be the stopping point (unless the ending sets up a sequel) or should there be continuations? How many movies would you as a fan want?

Nightmare Asylum

Doesn't really matter to me. The Predators films have no overarching story, and each of the three can just as easily be looked at as their own movie as they can as part of a series. If the new film and any future movies stay consistent in that they are self contained stories, it could theoretically go on forever.

As for how long it should go on before it goes stale, some would certainly argue that it's already reached that point. I'm interested in seeing Shane Black's take, however, and would definitely be open to seeing the franchise change hands a few more times to see what some other directors can do with it afterward.

Master

Master

18 :-*

SM

SM

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 15, 2014, 10:22:37 PM
Doesn't really matter to me. The Predators films have no overarching story, and each of the three can just as easily be looked at as their own movie as they can as part of a series. If the new film and any future movies stay consistent in that they are self contained stories, it could theoretically go on forever.

This is something which more or less which I could understand. The Predator movies are not really heavy with continuity, perhaps only two movies have a mention of previous installments, Predator 2 and PREDATORS referencing the events of the first movie. AvP was about to have a strong reference to the first movie but as we know, Arnold won the election for governor of 2004 and as such, his cameo had never happened. Thinking about it now the continuity of the Predator movies is a lot like the Leprechaun series. Each movie can be considered it's own or a long running thing.. Whichever is up to the fan.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 15, 2014, 10:22:37 PM
As for how long it should go on before it goes stale, some would certainly argue that it's already reached that point. I'm interested in seeing Shane Black's take, however, and would definitely be open to seeing the franchise change hands a few more times to see what some other directors can do with it afterward.

While I am cautiously optimistic about this recently announced movie, there is also this sense of no longer caring or being as excited for it. So I suppose I would be a bit biased in saying that I feel that the series as at that point. Right now I am just wondering where the new movie is going to go and where it will be set, that's what is what I am interested in now more than anything else and exactly what kind of Hunter we'll have.

I don't see an "end" in sight.  I can see a reboot if the new one doesn't do business. But I do kinda feel it needs a good reboot. Predators, predator 2 and Avp and now the new one have all announced to be a predator sequel. Not one movie has ever really built off the previous one. They take ideas and concepts but they never really have followed a character like in the Aliens series. 

whiterabbit

Reboots are a part of life.

Xenomorphine

Uncanny Antman

They should keep making Predator movies until humanity dies.  Why not?

Xenomorphine

Holographic CGI hater! >:(

Vermillion

Set!!!

Hut!  Hut!!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 85 on Jul 15, 2014, 11:39:50 PMIPredators, predator 2 and Avp and now the new one have all announced to be a predator sequel. Not one movie has ever really built off the previous one.

In fairness, Predator 2 was going to be a more direct sequel, but Arnie dropped out.

Spoonman101

I don't think Arnie was ever in it to drop out to begin with...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Refused the role, then.

The more I think about it, the more I kinda wish he'd done it. An obsessive, villainous Arnie getting killed by a Predator would've been fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed