Started by Shasvre, Feb 03, 2011, 08:43:31 PM

Did you like the movie?

Yes.
No.
Author
Hellboy (2019) (Read 114,158 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Ron Perlman reveals the story for Hellboy 3.

http://io9.com/#!5725741/ron-perlman-explains-the-story-of-hellboy-3-and-talks-about-watching-christopher-lee-die

How can we convince you to sit through 7 hours of make up every day to make Hellboy 3?

All you have to do is convince to Guillermo to say yes to making the movie.

That's funny, because whenever people ask Guillermo when he's going to make Hellboy 3 he always says that we have to convince you!

Yeah he's blaming me and I'm blaming him. I know it's kind of like Laurel and Hardy, Martin and Lewis, or Abbott and Costello. Hellboy 2 was not an easy shoot. Both of us walked away very tired and very beat up. But a lot of time [has passed] and lot of water has gone under the bridge, I'm well healed — and just knowing what his idea was for the third installment of the trilogy and how epic and theatrical and powerful a film it would be, it's got to be made. I really feel like its got to be made. It would be a great disservice to the first two films if you don't see how they wind up.

What is his idea for the third film?

The only thing I can share with you is we have this demon who is a victim of this Oracle, which is not negotiable. He's been summoned to the Earth for the destruction of mankind, and that's non-negotiable. This whole notion that his nature, is the demon of destruction — against the way he's been nurtured by his father, John Hurt's character, to be kind and in the service of mankind. Those things are going to be in play in the third one. Then of course you have Liz pregnant with twins at the end of the second film. So you don't know what those two offspring are going to be? Are they going to be more human? Are they going to be more demon? Are they going to be a combination of the two? And how is that going to play out, in terms of Hellboy's destiny. Which I say again is non-negotiable. So that's the backdrop for the third film. And everything will be resolved, all these open-ended questions will finally be resolved. I don't know how, he didn't give me those details. But that's the backdrop for it.

I really hope Del Toro makes this after At the Mountains of Madness. :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I want this movie to already come out, a shame that Guillermo has so much on his plate right now.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

It'd suck if they didn't close the story. This needs to be made.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I'll see it for sure.

Undeadite

Undeadite

I don't know what I'm more excited for, Mountains of Madness or the slim chance this amazing trilogy could see its conclusion.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Can't wait the third chapter to close the trilogy and the story arc. I completely agree with Undeadite. :P

Keg

Keg

I will be gutted if a third Hellboy isnt made. Especially after the tantalising revelations towards the end of Hellboy 2.

Shasvre

Shasvre

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Dustin03Comics/news/?a=31760

And lastly, he was asked about the possibility of another installment in the 'Hellboy' franchise:

"There are no plans at all."

Damn it. >:(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Excuse me sir, but What the f**k?
I have, on top of the page, an interview with Perlman talking about the plot of this film, and then there are no plans?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Could be that he meant there are no plans of putting it in production. Well, still hoping he takes some time to do this.

Keg

Keg

No plans doesnt mean theyre ruling out ever making a third film. Simply at this point in time there are no plans to do so. Its not like Del Toro or Perlman has come out and said another film will never be made. Not having anything in the pipeline is very different to ruling it out altogether.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Just started reading the Hellboy comics. Bitchin'. Third movie would be good, and I'd be all over it, but honestly? For now, I'm set.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Mar 13, 2011, 03:31:21 PM
Just started reading the Hellboy comics. Bitchin'. Third movie would be good, and I'd be all over it, but honestly? For now, I'm set.

Oh yes...they certainly are.  :)

Huol

Huol

After what they did to Abe... Kinda not sure If I want another one.

Hubbs

Hubbs

^ What do they do??

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed