Started by Shasvre, Feb 03, 2011, 08:43:31 PM

Did you like the movie?

Yes.
No.
Author
Hellboy (2019) (Read 112,715 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Hellboy creator Mike Mignola says that Del Toro might not direct Hellboy 3.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=39770

Quote"Last I heard he said he would not make it. Guillermo -- who I love -- in every interview there's a new story on what his next movie is and he honestly believes he's going to do all these things. But last I heard, he said 'I'm never gonna get back to Hellboy. I'm not surprised because he won't live long enough to do a tenth of the movies he's told me he's going to make. I can't imagine him making a Hellboy 3. He's very enthusiastic and says he's going to do all these things....ummm....he's cute [laughed]."

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I was always under the impression that Del Toro and Mignola were dead locked in where to take the story and couldn't agree on how it should end.

Del Toro wanted Hellboy to die at the end and Mignola was vehemently against it.

And THIS is why it couldn't progress beyond a conversation. Throw on the Hobbit/Mouth of Madness/Pacific Rim issues and we see it waaaaay on a back burner.

However ... I think all of Del Toro's woes come from the universe saying "MAKE HELLBOY 3 FIRST or FAIL"

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Del Toro gave these movies a soul and unique touch. I don't want anyone but him directing this.

i sort of agree, but i'd be interested to see what direction a different director took, be it a sequel or a reboot.

Hubbs

Hubbs

It mainly the graphic design and artistic look that Del Toro brings if u ask me, all the creatures, buildings, costume styles, weapons etc...they all have a certain style that is uniquely Toro, right down to pattern designs on doors, weapon handles and belt buckles. A change to this could ruin Hellboy and I for one am against it.

Must admit I am intrigued to see Hellboy in a Tim Burton style world, visually it could be stunning.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Maybe he can get one of his many proteges to be the director. After all, he does produce lots of good stuff not directed by him.

Keg

Keg

I dunno, I dont think I could handle not having another film, dealing with the things we found out in Hellboy 2. I have no problem with another director stepping in to tell that story as long as their style isnt drastically different. And just because he wont direct doesnt mean he couldnt be involved at all in some capacity.

Quote from: Keg on Jun 19, 2011, 04:00:44 PM
I dunno, I dont think I candle not having another film, dealing with the things we found out in Hellboy 2. I have no problem with another director stepping in to tell that story as long as their style isnt drastically different. And just because he wont direct doesnt mean he couldnt be involved at all in some capacity.

i totally agree,

Keg

Keg

Haha I just noticed I was meant to type "could handle" and I combined the two into candle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxzJGgox_E#

Take Pirates of The Caribbean for example. I know theyre not as unique visually as Del Toro's style is (the winged thing covered in eyes was straight out of Pan's Labrynth), but they definately have a certain aesthetic to them. Opinions aside on the movies themselves, Rob Marshall's On Stranger Tides fits in perfectly with the other three directed by Gore Verbinski, so I dont see why a third Hellboy movie with a different director automatically means it's going to suck.

Sure theres bad examples too like X-Men: The Last Stand or in very extreme cases the Batman films that followed Burtons, but with the right team behind it and the right attitude it can be pulled off.

Quote from: Keg on Jun 19, 2011, 07:44:40 PM
Haha I just noticed I was meant to type "could handle" and I combined the two into candle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxzJGgox_E#

i knew what you meant :D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Ron Perlman Briefly Shares His Thoughts On The Story For Hellboy 3

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=44697

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Ahh Status quo.

Pearlman ain't getting any younger. And Del Toro ain't getting any ... slimmer.

But I guess there's a better chance of this than a new Nirvana album.

ace3g

ace3g

Shasvre

Shasvre

That is so awesome. :'(

Ruadh

Ruadh

Yeah...Ron Perlman has no problem sitting in the makeup chair for how ever many hours that takes, to please a child, meanwhile someone like the Barefoot Contessa can't take an hour to do what she does every day for one:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/barefoot-contessa-turns-make-kid/story?id=13238578#.T_ndQ5HNmmU

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed