Lord of the Rings - Amazon Series

Started by KiramidHead, Nov 04, 2017, 07:53:05 PM

Author
Lord of the Rings - Amazon Series (Read 31,112 times)

Local Trouble

I assume it's because they're anticipating copious gender and race-swapping of the characters.

Master

Master

The race swapping is obvious from the posters though.

Local Trouble

Have those characters actually been identified though?  Couldn't they be original characters created for the show?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 05, 2022, 07:57:39 PM
If you have read Tolkien novels and if you have seen the posters then the answer is obvious. It's self-explanatory.
So self explanatory you can't even explain it?

I'd really like to hear in your words what you think is "woke" about it.

Master

Master

That's the point though, isn't it. Tolkien had literal diarrhea of characters.  Creating new for the show and color specyfic, for such author is wrong at best, but for me highly disrespectful.

Local Trouble

Well, they did invent Tauriel for the movies. ;D

Master

Master

Yep. And that's why Hobbit trilogy dosent even stand next to LOTR.

BlueMarsalis79

Because of Tauriel? lol

Crazy Rich

Okay let's be real, The Hobbit's problems go waaaay beyond just Tauriel...

C'mon.

KiramidHead

This is set during the Second Age, which Tolkien barely wrote anything about. They have to create new characters for there to even be a story at all, let alone seasons of television.

Master

Master

There was a lot of second age in The Silmarilion. Black in Middlearth belongs to Mordor and Harrad.

KiramidHead

None of it is a particularly fleshed out story, though. The only example of that for the Second Age is in Unfinished Tales, I think.

Master

Master

So, the long lost sister of Isildur eh?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Master on Feb 05, 2022, 09:49:32 PM
That's the point though, isn't it. Tolkien had literal diarrhea of characters.  Creating new for the show and color specyfic, for such author is wrong at best, but for me highly disrespectful.
They can't use a lot of stuff he wrote due to series so expect a lot of new material.

Master

Master

New material created disrespectfully to Tolkien's source material is ok.?  Is it ok. to any of you? I highly doubt it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed